Milestone 1 - Day 10: Thursday, 10/02/14

Options
124»

Replies

• knmurray02
    knmurray02 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound! And I am happy for that 1 pound. I met yesterday's goals and today's goals will be the bare minimum. I have training in Cleveland so that means I will be sitting all day. I hope I can get in my 10, 700 steps, stay under my calorie goals, and drink plenty of water. This weekend is also going to be hard to get anything extra in. Have to work the concession stand during the football game, take my daughter for a college visit on Saturday, and return my niece to Pittsburgh on Sunday.

Yinz pray for me.
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm down almost 3 lbs... I'll take it! I've learned that the scale is only part of the challenge. Let's go day 20!!! :)
  • awesomekaty
    awesomekaty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For some reason I was a little bummed about my 3 lb. weight loss (a total not just from this past week). And then I saw this spreadsheet.

To see darn near everyone post lower numbers was one of the most inspiring weight loss movements I've ever been a part of.

The fact that we're all in this together, and that we have visual proof of this pact is a beautiful thing and has really lifted my spirits.

Go team!
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Astonished I lost 4 pounds this week. I definitely thank this group for keeping me focused. My goal for the next ten is just to keep where I am. I still wonder if my scale is just a little off or something. Good luck, everyone!
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Right now LA is hot like an oven. But our 100 Day Challenge is even more hot - over 248 lbs and counting melted away from the group in last 10 days.

The 'Short Term Goal Achieved to date' is an important indicator. If after today's weighin you feel that you did your very best in last 10 days and yet you did not hit that 10% mark then you may look at your Short Term Goal closely.

On the flip side, if you have shown some amazing %age above 10% then couple of things here:
    1) you did a fantastic job and keep doing it safely and with your health in mind;
    2) the rest of 90 days are filled with at least half a dozen celebrations

Keep ????
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So happy I lost a little! I'm not expecting miracles but am going to try to be consistent and not get discouraged. I went for a 3+ mile walk this afternoon and am going to Zumba tonight. I really appreciate this challenge being available to help us stay motivated!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    As far as the first 10 days went, I met my goals every week day, but ate/drank too much this weekend. My weight was up 1.4 lbs but I had drank some coffee earlier and I've not been working out due to illness, so I'm not too concerned. I'm sure the overall trend will continue to go down, as I'm generally at a deficit.

Today I met all of my goals except low impact exercise. Still pretty sore and it is a normal rest day anyhow.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,832 Member
    Options
    6 mile run
    Calories w/Fitbit 1178 / Calories 1557
    (Two times : 50 wall push, 50 squats 50 sit ups, 50 tricep kick backs). 100 lunges / 60 sec plank

10 Push-Ups – Wall Done
    10 Triceps Dips – Done
    10 Incline Push-Ups - Done
    5 Burpees - modified - Done
  • noodlebanana
    noodlebanana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was shocked to find myself down 11lbs this morning. I've really been struggling the last couple of days. I'm still getting my two 15 minute walks in everyday and i am staying under my calorie goals but they haven't been the best food choices. Oh well, I'll go with it and try to keep the momentum rather than analyzing and figuring out what i did "wrong".
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE this spreadsheet!

I haven't really had my head in a good space about my goals, making them more aggressive than realistic and more about what I wanted to happen than what makes sense to happen (or what will likely happen).

I find setting unrealistic goals and then "failing" to be de-motivating, so the spreadsheet helped me figure out a better goal for myself! I updated the sheet. Still not at 10% for the 10 days but that's ok as I had a bit of a rough 10 days :)
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Yesterday (October 2) was not a great day.
    I met my goals in terms of doing at least 20 minutes of exercise and staying under my calorie goals, but my food choices left a lot to be desired. I think 1/3 of my calories were chocolate or cola! That's not a usual thing for me, so I need to kick my butt into gear.

I also weighed in, and I'm down about 2 pounds since the start of the challenge, although I only joined a few days ago. I just went back through my weigh-in history and plugged in the number from there.

I am quite happy with 2 pounds. I'm still on crutches, so I can't expect to burn as many calories as I usually would, and I also can't go for super long walks, because it taxes my leg, and I don't want to set my recovery back.
  • DsSquishy
    DsSquishy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My first 10 was not great. I gained and am desperately not wanting to update the spreadsheet because I feel embarrassed. I've been tracking all of my foods, so I need to figure out my "Why?". I haven't been exercising much, so perhaps I just need to get up and get going. I'm not giving up because I know this is definitely what needs to happen.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    MFP in general and this group in particular is non-judgmental. Don't be embarrassed about any weight gain as we all have similar experiences but be 'aware' and then act upon it. Skipping the spreadsheet entry will not be very helpful in achieving our goals.
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been on holiday for the past ten days and didn't log a single thing, but miraculously I stayed exactly the same. I just want to get back into it for the next 10 days.

Goals for today:
    1. Log everything
    2. Go for a run
  • Can_Change_Natalie
    Can_Change_Natalie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    im a little late trying to at my weight for the 10% mark, I cant seem to edit/ add to the spreadsheet, my current weight is 146.4, is there something I need to do to be able to update spreadsheet? thanks