Share Your Goals!

Options
They may be small, they may be big. We all have goals that we feel determined to reach. Let's share and help each other get there!

Replies

• nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Goals:

Lose 15 pounds
    Strength train at least 3 days a week
    Create more definition in my arms

Stay tuned!
  • LynnDee2Lose
    LynnDee2Lose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1- Exercise 3 times a week.
    I have very little free time to exercise, so finding that time is always a struggle.
    Ideas in that area would be very helpful. I'm in the beginner stage at exercising.
    2- Track what I eat
    3- Stay motivated for the entire 75 days. Most of the time I get discouraged and stop.
  • jfmp
    jfmp Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    What do you do for exercise? For me, it's simplest and quickest to work out at home or go for a run.
  • swyman1
    swyman1 Posts: 38
    Options
    I find exercise easiest when it's incorporated into my daily routine. My time is so tight, so valuable. My solution is to ride my bicycle to commute as much as possible. I also do workout classes at lunchtime. I find it easier than going to class early morning or in the evening. I like to build fitness into the daytime, when I have lots of energy!
  • swyman1
    Options
    This group is a way to keep you encouraged and motivated. When you are feeling discouraged or need to explain why you won't be able to eat something, remember to say "I'm on a 75 Day Challenge"! This helps a lot! It helps keep the focus and commitment. Sometimes, when I'm working out and it's really hard and I want to give up, I just say over and over in my mind "75 Day Challenge, 75 Day Challenge". Believe it or not, this mantra works!
  • swyman1
    Options
    Goals:

Lose 15 pounds
    Strength train at least 3 days a week
    Create more definition in my arms

Stay tuned!

Sounds like a great goal!
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My Shortterm goal was to get under 140 lbs and maintain that. I never want to be over 140 again. However, today I weighed in at 139.6 dropped down .2 lbs. I am slowly getting there but I would like it to be a better number.

I am turning 40 this week and I just want to look fabulous. I am the oldest woman in my work place except for two other ladies, but she is just our support staff. I am in law enforcement so it is so important to be fit and have a healthy life style.

This week is week 4 for in strength training, I am feeling stronger and my metabolism is just a burning.

My goal is to continue with strength training, do cardio 5 days week with a mixture of elliptical and running (if can do two runs a week I will be happy) as I work long days Ior nights and have two kids that are active in their own sports.

I would love to do a half marathon or a 10 km race just to keep committed to running.

As well as I want to be tone and define and get rid of my gut.

I guess I should put my ultimate goal weight at 126 to 130.
  • shewk23
    shewk23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My short term goal would be to lose 20 pounds by the end of the 75 day challenge. I lost 55 pounds a couple years ago and never reached my goal. I have gained about 20 of that back. Losing that 20 would put me back where I left off. I am excited to be in this group and have the support of all of you! :smile:
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My goals...lets see. Well, first off, I am trying to quit smoking. This is really hard to do when you live with someone who smokes and brings home cigarettes almost every day. However, I told him this morning that I didn't want any more, and he said that he also planned on quitting. Its now 10:30a.m., and I still have not had a cigarette...even though they have been whispering to me; I know they're out there. lol

The second part of my goal is to give up, or at least seriously cut back on the carbs. I have done this before with GREAT results...for brief periods of time. it turns out that I just LOVE breads and pastas. If I cut them out of my diet though, I lose nearly a pound a day...for a week or two; then I need to start exercising more.

The last part of my goal is to start getting some exercise. I have a 2 year old, so its difficult to get much exercise in. He's starting to get big enough now though that we can walk down the trail by the house to the creek. He likes to go down there and throw rocks in the water and its about 3/4 mile in one direction. We can start doing that trip a couple times a day, and I don't have to worry about him running in front of cars or anything...he can just go!

This is all going to be a BIG challenge for me because I have 4 boys, 2 step boys, and a bf that never wants to do anything but play video games, drink beer, and ask how long till dinner/lunch. I am also VERY out of shape (mostly because of the smoking and not being able to breath when I DO exercise). That makes me think about it a lot and want to exercise, but then decide, nah, I'll just sit here smoke. Well no more, Brans! No more cigarettes...No more.bread...No more excuses!!! I can do this! If I can lose 3 pounds a week, then I will be just about at my goal by New Years. That would be 36 of my 42 lbs to go! I can't wait to get back on track and get down at least 20 lbs for my short term goal. I plan on being down at least 10 lbs by Halloween.

Good luck, everyone!
  • Starrey100
    Options
    My goals:

Track everything I eat and plan my meals a week in advance so I don't give in to take away/quick fixes.
    Lose 20lb to improve my health.
    Exercise 3 times a week.

Good Luck everyone!
  • jfmp
    jfmp Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Eat a high raw diet with the exception of two vegan and one vegetarian meal per week and run 90 minutes straight.
  • GoldenOctober
    GoldenOctober Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hm... for this 75-day challenge, my goal is ... shedding 20 pounds. I should have lots of time to exercise in October, so jumpstarting is the way to go for me. Other goals would concern the path to get there rather than just the destination: establishing a workout routine and tracking my food intake so that I learn how to stay fit. I'll leave it this vague for now. :)
  • shortly2Bthin
    Options
    Wow, some great goals!

My goals for the challenge are:
    ~Get to 227lbs and no longer be medically obese
    ~Walk 4 miles/day at least 5 days a week
    ~Upper body workout at least 3 days a week
    ~Track every calorie and stay in limit at least 6 days a week

Hopefully at the end of all this I will feel better and be motivated to get my messy house in some sort of order.
  • GoldenOctober
    GoldenOctober Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hopefully at the end of all this I will feel better and be motivated to get my messy house in some sort of order.

Oh, another good goal ... I should add that to mine! :bigsmile: