Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Week 7, Day 1 finished. I can't wait to finish training. It's taken me so much longer to get here than 8 weeks.
  • SamNicoll
    SamNicoll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Week 3 completed. I understand that things get 'serious' in Week 4 - eek!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Week6 Day1 is done!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    It was raining right before I ran and I ran all over paddles and wet grass. My shoes and socks got wet in 2 minutes which was not fun at all. How do you keep your feet dry in such a weather?

• TowsonChuck
    TowsonChuck Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    W7D1 Done... 25minute run (ZenLabs) A little tougher then I thought. I assume it is because I hit the cycling hard yesterday, no cardio tomorrow to give the legs a rest. Just weight training. Hopefully that makes it a bit easier on my legs come Friday for W7D2.

Since I am getting to the point where I am in the home stretch, I am measuring the pace of the runs with out the warm up /cool down periods. In 25 minutes, I ran 2.46 miles, for a pace of 10:10/mile. Fairly happy with that pace. I ran at a comfortable speed, I didn't try to push my self any faster then my normal jogging pace ( I'll save that for when I get the "Run 5k" part).
  • TowsonChuck
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    It was raining right before I ran and I ran all over paddles and wet grass. My shoes and socks got wet in 2 minutes which was not fun at all. How do you keep your feet dry in such a weather?

Not sure there is an easy solution to this. Besides getting some expensive waterproof shoes and socks. Merrell makes some waterproof shoes for running, I think they are more designed for trail running. I think the easiest most economical way might be to try running a different route that is mainly road/sidewalks. My normal route, has a stretch that has no sidewalk, so I get risky and run in the road, I run early mornings, and it's well in the suburbs so there isn't much traffic to worry about.
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ceci for the links about stitches - really helpful info!
    Happyfeetrebel - awesome job! How fast were you running right when you finished your c25k? When you say you run every day or so - did you start running 30 min a day or the full distance? Everyone says if you put your miles in your speed increases naturally - sounds like it worked for you! :) I'm on week 8 running about 4.2mph - excited to see if it will come true for me as well!
  • yourfriendchristine
    Options
    W5D1 Complete!!!! I peeked into next week and cannot even imagine running 20 min straight by W6D3 (doing ease into 5K). Still slow as a turtle but still getting through. I am starting to get the runners high when I am done which I love!!!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Hoping the messed up forums isn't going to sideline this thread! I love reading everyone's updates!

25492938.png
  • TowsonChuck
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Hoping the messed up forums isn't going to sideline this thread! I love reading everyone's updates!

25492938.png

I was thinking the same thing! I have not seen the normal contributors on here since the change...
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    W7D3 Complete! I can't believe I am one week away from graduating! I am not sure if I should go STRAIGHT into the 5-10k bridge program or if I should run a couple full 5K days before starting.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    jsandie76 wrote: »
    W7D3 Complete! I can't believe I am one week away from graduating! I am not sure if I should go STRAIGHT into the 5-10k bridge program or if I should run a couple full 5K days before starting.

I moved right on to 5-10k as far as training. I ran a couple of official 5k's while I was doing the 10k program.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »

Not sure there is an easy solution to this. Besides getting some expensive waterproof shoes and socks. Merrell makes some waterproof shoes for running, I think they are more designed for trail running. I think the easiest most economical way might be to try running a different route that is mainly road/sidewalks. My normal route, has a stretch that has no sidewalk, so I get risky and run in the road, I run early mornings, and it's well in the suburbs so there isn't much traffic to worry about.
    Thanks!
    W6D2 is done, by the way! No more walking except warmup and cooldown
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I was sidelined for a few days and came back to a very different looking forum. I missed my chance to run today, so it looks like the first time I'm going to run in a week will be in a 5k race.

Looks like everyone is doing great.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    W6D2 today. Saturday, I will do W6D3 (22min/2.25mile run) while participating in a 4K color run. I think that will be a win/win.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Went for my first run since finishing the programme. Run for 47 mins!! Didn't quite reach 5k - (4.7km ) but didn't know until I got home, next time I'll get there!! B)
  • TowsonChuck
    Options
    @Upsaluki hope you are healed up.

W7D2 All done. 25 minute run, covered exactly 2.5 miles. Near the end I was felling like I was done, then when the cool down came, after about 30 seconds of walking, I felt I could have kept running, and I was clearly just whining to myself at the end of the run. One more day then into the last week!
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I completed W2D1 today. I couldn't believe how much harder that extra 30 seconds made it. At the 10 minute mark I thought I was going to have to stop early and try again another day. But slowly I found the time passing and once I got to the last 10 minutes I wasn't willing to give up until the end. The cool down felt like a blessing. :smiley:

I am excited though that I feel like one day running may be possible.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I completed W2D1 today. I couldn't believe how much harder that extra 30 seconds made it. At the 10 minute mark I thought I was going to have to stop early and try again another day. But slowly I found the time passing and once I got to the last 10 minutes I wasn't willing to give up until the end. The cool down felt like a blessing. :smiley:

I am excited though that I feel like one day running may be possible.

Are you running inside or out, how is your breathing, can you talk to someone while doing the run intervals? Personally I found 2 bits of advice, that I cheerfully ignored for 4 weeks invaluable. One, I got off a dreadmill and got outside, the best move I made for me. Second by not having a pace and clock in front of me, I "listened" to my body and went at a slower pace outside and found a lot of the boredom/ tiredness disappeared. Perhaps it was the ever changing visual stimulus or just the fact I went at a natural pace for me. Stick with it and see if you can workout what works for you. Best of luck B)

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Second to last day of c25k today. Completed 5k in the horicon national refuge 5k today in 29:23.