What's your favorite Crock-Pot Recipe?

Options
julia_v1
julia_v1 Posts: 187 Member
Once I get a Crock-Pot I'd love to try this recipe for Sweet Potato, Chicken and Quinoa Soup http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/slow-cooker-sweet-potato-chicken-and-quinoa-soup/#_a5y_p=2362800

Replies

• julia_v1
    Options
    Wonderful - they look great. So looking forward to getting my new pot. Hopefully in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year!
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    cheeseburger soup is my fav. kids love it to.:heart:
  • cj032368
    Options
    I cook just about everything in my crock pots. I do lots of soups, main courses, even desserts. It's an easy way for me to have a hot healthy meal ready when the kids and I get home every night.

For example tonight we had steak and gravy with squash and baked potato. Everything was cooked in the crock pots. The steak and gravy was cooked in one, while the squash and potatoes were cooked in another one.

Steak and gravy: brown any steak in frying pan or gill. add cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of milk ( I use evaporated, water also can be used). Cook on low all day

clean squash, cut into quarters or eighths. place on bottom of crock pot. clean potatoes, poke with fork, wrap in tin foil. Place on top of squash, cook on low all day until soft. You don't have to wrap the potatoes in tin foil.
  • rnin85
    rnin85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for Autumn Turkey Chili. It includes canned pumpkin and some of the associated spices. The pumpkin and spices give it an ever so slight hint of sweetness. My husband and I both love it and make it a lot.
  • julia_v1
    Options
    Wonderful ideas - the only trouble with this group it makes you hungry thinking about all this wonderful food *lol* Looking forward to reading more.
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I like homemade macaroni and cheese in the crockpot, and BBQ pulled pork.
  • julia_v1
    Options
    When my new crockpot arrives on Fri BBQ pulled pork is definitely one of the first recipes to feature over the weekend.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    julia_v1 wrote: »
    When my new crockpot arrives on Fri BBQ pulled pork is definitely one of the first recipes to feature over the weekend.

Which did you end up getting???
  • summerluno2
    Options

Michelle, what is your homemade mac n cheese recipe?
  • julia_v1
    Options
    julia_v1 wrote: »

Which did you end up getting???

I ended up getting the Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Programmable slow cooker - I'm too excited
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Enjoy Julia!
  • julia_v1
    Options
    Thank you - it arrived today all shiny and new. Had nothing in the house to cook in it but will post what I cook first.
  • MichelleV1990
    Options

I have to work today, but I'll get it to you either tomorrow, or Tuesday. It's not low cal or anything, but it's so darn good that I don't really care! LOL!
  • summerluno2
    Options

I have to work today, but I'll get it to you either tomorrow, or Tuesday. It's not low cal or anything, but it's so darn good that I don't really care! LOL!

Ha Ha … love it! Once in a while, it's okay!!! :) thanks for posting soon!
  • julia_v1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Today's slow cooker meal will be Beef Bourguignon. Cooked BBQ Chicken a few days ago. Yep, I'm addicted to my new shiny slow cooker :blush:
  • MichelleV1990
    Options

Ha Ha … love it! Once in a while, it's okay!!! :) thanks for posting soon!

So sorry I didn't get this out! I was sick Monday and Tuesday; back to work on Wednesday, and it slipped my mind. Here it is, and trust me, it's worth the wait!

Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese

2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
    2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    1 cup milk
    1 can cheddar cheese soup
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, dry mustard

Boil macaroni for 7 minutes, drain. In saucepan, melt butter. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add salt, pepper, dry mustard, soup, sour cream and milk; blend well. Pour 1/2 of cheese sauce into bottom of sprayed crockpot. Add macaroni and top with remaining sauce. Stir well. Cook on low for 2 hours.

I hope you weren't expecting a low fat recipe! LOL!
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    Here's another recipe to make up for taking so long on the mac and cheese.

Cheesy Crock Potatoes

24 oz. pkg. frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
    1 can cream of potato soup
    16 oz. container ranch dip
    1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
    6 oz. can French Fried Onions

Combine all ingredients in the crockpot except the onions. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring once. Sprinkle with onions before serving. Serves 4-6

• MichelleV1990
    Options
    Chicken Lickin' Good Pork Chops

6-8 lean pork chops
    1/2 cup flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    2 T. oil
    1 can chicken and rice soup

Mix dry ingredients and coat chops with mixture. Brown in oil in large skillet. Place browned chops in crockpot. Add soup. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or 3 1/2 hours on high.
  • julia_v1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Those recipes look great