General Chit-Chat --part 4

Options

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    LeAnna, hope the "cross-state" trip is going well so far. One good thing; If you find you forgot anything, you are only an hour back!

Greetings to all my friends here. I'd say life has been crazy busy, which it has, as an excuse for not being on here as much, but it is just an excuse. I've hit a tough spot and "stalled" on my weight loss. The quotes on the stalled is very important here. As a doctor asked me last week, "have you decided to stop where you are or are you going to keep losing." I've taken every tool of success, cleaned it and put it away. I seldom weigh my food any longer, I'm slipping back into dining out more often, I don't make it to the gym very often -I'm thinking of dropping the gym membership since I'm not using it- and I've allowed more carbs than I should back in.

That's the negative. The positive, even though I haven't lost more, I've stabilized in a five pound zone since June. I truly say this is probably only because of the surgery. In past WL attempts when I hit times like this, I would be putting on 10 lbs a month. I'm still walking at least a little bit every day and while I've allowed some carbs in, I haven't gone off the ledge with them. I'm still getting in my protein first.

A week from today, I leave for a six week work detail to one of the most beautiful places on earth. Assuming I don't have snow to my knees too soon, I plan on walking a LOT. I'm going to be on my own so I can either embrace the time, get my diet back under control, or I can go off the deep end and splurge to my detriment. While I'm making plans for the former with what I'm packing to take, realistically one offered piece of Red Velvet Cake might push me over the edge. (Or I could find it positively revolting now. Something to think on. Anything that sweet any longer can make me feel ill...)

So, that's the Dan report. I have another ultra busy week at work this week. Everyone wants their projects done before I leave town. It is nice to be wanted, but really, there are limits! lol

I hope my peeps here are still doing well. I really do hope there gets to be more posting on here. I miss the discussions! Hey fellow founders - check in! Newer folks, pick up and take reign - you can make this board work for you; IF you are willing to pick up the tool and use it to its potential.

Be well everyone, and if anyone is going to be in Yellowstone in October or early November -- I can be a big jerk in person! Seriously, I'd love to meet anyone from this group that wants to meet for a walk or even a cup of coffee.
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Dan, I hope you decide to embrace the time alone as a chance to regain control. You truly are worth your every effort. And, in case you didn't know it, you are such a wonderful influence and inspiration to me. If there is any way I can help you, I will. I may not have been at it as long as you, but I do know that there are times when it just seems to go on an on with no sitings on the "end game". But I remind myself that is isn't a game, and there is no magic number that signifies the end of my journey. This IS the way I should have always lived with food. I didn't get it before, but I get it. I still wish I could stuff myself with crap nutrition 24/7....but I also still wish cigarettes were healthy, liquor was like water, and drugs...well, no...I don't miss drugs. But you get the idea.

Don't start thinking about ways you can derail. Instead think of all the ways you can prevail. Hey! I rhymed! :)
  • leannabseven
    Options
    So, we've made it!! 3 days/300 miles. I have never been so happy to see an unlimited water supply! And as grateful as I am to have a generator in the RV to run the AC, I do not miss the noise.

Our new place is kind of cool. It's much smaller than where we were, but it's cozy. The town seems kind of funky and cool, but we haven't had a chance to explore much. We spent all afternoon unpacking the ATV, scooters, and all the accoutrements of RV life. We are HOME, at least until April. :)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hey Leanna, hope you are settling in ok. Sounds like an interesting place. :)
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Pixy, so far I'm loving it. There is an adjustment as the town is so small the groceries are only small "mom and pop" type places and the produce is limited and kind of wilted looking. I'll have to find out what day is delivery day and be there. But I'm told that when the "snow birds" arrive, the farmer's market will open up and that'll be cool.

We went out for our first ATV ride yesterday afternoon...just a short trip out to have a look see. We had a flat tire and ended up making our way home through the desert in the dark! Thankfully, we had someone in the group who knew the are to lead us, and the desert was beautiful. Even after dark it was cool to be out and able to see all the stars so clearly.
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    I bet it was lovely, I confess it would of freaked me out a bit though. :noway:

To bad about the produce. Do you have to buy it in town or is there a larger retailer in a nearby city or town? One thing I hated about a small town... the options for groceries was always so limited.
    Hope you're having fun meeting all the new people. It sounds so exciting!:smile:
  • leannabseven
    Options
    We hitched a ride today with some friends to the nearest town and stocked up on produce. (We ride scooters and have an ATV so going to a town of any size takes some planning for us.) I'll be rejoicing and dancing in the street when the farmer's market comes to town. :)
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Ohhh... that makes it a bit trickier. But I do love farmer's markets.

I'm going a bit crazy right now. I have a princess birthday party to plan arrange and set up for Sunday. For those in the know it's also the canadian thanksgiving. I'm giving thanks right now that some kids will be in town the day of the party or I would have a very sad little girl. I'm totally stressed because I have no idea when I'm going to find time to get anything arranged between work and my time commitments. :# Then 2 weeks from now I have a minecraft party to get ready for my eldest. Then homemade halloween costumes. Yikes! Good thing I love those hooligans. Have a great day everyone!!!! I did karate tonight and I might not be walking tommorow. lol!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Pixy, it sounds like you are going to be very busy for the rest of this month...just stop and breathe every now and then. :)

Have you been doing karate for very long? A gazillion years ago I took karate, and I loved it. Hard to believe but I have a 3rd degree brown belt in Wado Ryu style of Shotokan. It's really good exercise and also helps with your mental attitude.
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Can someone tell me if I've done something to change the appearance of this board, or is it different looking for the rest of you?
    I now have a section called "announcements" that is separate from the "discussion"...but I don't get any notices on the board that there are any new posts to the "announcement" topics.
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Yeah, they've done it and I hate it! There are less smilies now too. :(

I've only been taking it for a month. It is hard work but I love it. Impressive on your brown belt.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    so I disappeared, this whole separation thing is more work than I expected, and I come back and the board is all messed up! I can't find anything!!! I'm sorry everyone I am a bad member I will try and figure this out later :(
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Isn't it horrible... no notification when someone new posts!!! Hard to find the groups to begin with. I do not like it! Welcome back Holly!!!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I don't like it either! :s
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys on the forum changes. The inability to search for a group is really going to hurt the older groups like this one in finding new members. And why does it post that we are members? I mean, don''t you have to be a member to post? I don't know. It's not even that attractive.
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    well i'm glad i'm not the only one confused by coming back to having everything messed up. why doesn't it tell us when someone new has posted something in a discussion topic? and where did the tickers go? i loved seeing everyone's ticker move when they lost weight.
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    I haven't really been exercising this last week. Tomorrow I get to pick up some real food for the fridge and cupboards. I've been living off of rice and Ramen noodles due to budget concerns. I will be find come tomorrow. I have set up my meals for the next week using ActivTrax meal planner assistant and compiled a grocery list. I spent some time tweaking it last night to keep the grocery bill within the affordable range. I am very confidant that I can keep moving forward. I am giving up my one night a week for the devil-may-care attitude. I need to really starting taking things more seriously. I am going to be working on getting my diet, exercise, finances, environment, and social support in a better place. I left several groups on Facebook that were not helping me and defriended a lot of people as well. I'm trying to get the rubbish cleared out by the Gregorian New Year.
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Well, it's here. Turkey Day. I had previously planned out everything I was going to eat today, including the portions. My grandmother told me yesterday she has expanded out menu even though it's just the two of us. I'll have to bring some plastic containers to put some food in for the purposes of "taking it home" aka not hurting her feelings by refusing to eat it. We'll have more than enough food between the two of us. I am happy though to be able to spend Thanksgiving with her. It's just the two of us in town now. Peace and merriment be with you all today. Blessed be.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    well i'm glad i'm not the only one confused by coming back to having everything messed up. why doesn't it tell us when someone new has posted something in a discussion topic? and where did the tickers go? i loved seeing everyone's ticker move when they lost weight.

Ditto that about the ticker, although mine was broke more often than not...
  • Etherlily1
    edited December 2014
    Options
    About the tickers...you can't use MFP's ticker but you can go to LilySlim and create your own the have it show the code for it. It's a pain to do, but it does work. Copy the code and insert it into your post. You will be able to show the following:

h4Fkm6.png