Support Each Others Mini-Goals

snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
This had been suggested in the old group and I thought it might be nice to set some mini-goals and we can support each other.

For the next six weeks my mini goals are:

1. stick to 500-550cals on fast days
2. incorporate at least one proper workout on Thursdays
3. keep non-fast days to my maintenance cals
4. reach 167lbs at the end of the 6 weeks

Replies

• snaps27
    Also my mini targets for this week are to:

➡complete my fast days on target
    ➡stay at maintenance the other days
    ➡work out on Thursday

i will let you know if I make my targets
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    This weeks mini goals

1) To keep my calories where they need to be on fasting days
    2) To be at my weight I was last week weigh in when I weigh in this week
    3) To not go wild and crazy food wise this weekend
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Hey yall! I am feeling pumped up because I met my goal of 29 pounds down my 29th birthday last week (actually lost 30!). Now, my new mini-goal is 20 more pounds down by NYE for a friend's wedding. 20 pounds is a stretch during the holidays, but I am still using it as a motivator :)

My next bigger mini-goal is 65 total down by spring break trip to Charleston (3/30/15). It will get me back to my lowest adult weight/non-college weight lol. I got down to that number for .00005 secs when doing low carb a few years ago but quickly gained it back (and more). For the first time, I feel in control and that I can get there :)

Great mini-goals everybody! I'll cheer for ya! Woo woo!
  • positive2015
    positive2015 Posts: 64 Member
    Starting for the first time with this fasting.
    Week 1- 10/16- 10/22
    Fast 2 days- Saturday/ Wednesday.
    Weigh in on 10/23
    Drink plenty of water and record cals on fast days on MFP.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Mini goals for this week;
    Increase my water intake.
    Go to Zumba after work on Friday.
    Register a loss on Saturday (weekly weigh in) - however small it may be
    Enjoy a treat-filled, guilt-free weekend away with my husband to celebrate our joint 41st birthdays
  • snaps27
    I have completed successfully my 1st mini-goal. Both of my fast day were below 550cals. That's a first, my second fast day always ended closer to 600cals. Next goal I will tackle tomorrow...workout!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Good luck everyone, hope you all get to where you want to be.

My only goal this week is to break even (after blowing it all up this weekend with 2 HUGE days). I wanted to push my first fast day out to 48 hours, but called it quits at 42...I think it could be the cold setting in...the body wanting to fatten up for the winter. Heh...I've been in "winter" mode for the past 30 years!
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    I hit my mini goal of 25% lost of my total weight loss... my next goal will be 1/3 which will put me about about 50 lbs lost. I also have a goal of actually moving from week 3 to week 4 of my c25k program. I was scared to move from week 2 to 3 but blasted that out on the first try but now its wants me to run...cough... jog 6 mins straight. My goal is to accomplish that atleast once this week.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    So far goals are good this week. Did my two fasting days with out going over. Lost one lb, which I'm overly happy with. My fasting days were different days this week due to things we have to do this week and that worked really well. Now I just have to get through the weekend!
  • snaps27
    Triumph! I completed my 50 minute workout today! And it didn't seem as difficult as it normally used to. Here's to more triumphant workouts.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    edited October 2014
    I need to start stating my mini-goals as that seems to put a fire under my butt. Last night I went to PlanetFitness to run/jog on the treadmill, to completed my Week 3 day 3 of c25k. 3 min jog-walk -1.5 min jog - walk then repeat. (Then I typically do the whole set again.) Crossfit games was on ESPN channel so I flipped my headphones to watch and listen to that instead of my music and figured what the heck, I got thru the first set of week 3 day 3, and flipped it to week 4 day 1 and figured whatever I can do is whatever I can do. I did the whole set no problem.... 4 min jog - walk - 6 min jog - walk - 4 min jog. Granted I could barely get off the couch last night to go to bed my butt and legs hurt but I felt good finishing that program and walking out with my head held high. :-)
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2014
    I've just started 5:2 - my first fast day was yesterday and I had 534 calories. It will probably take a few fasts and trying different ideas to work out the easiest strategies for me. Here are my mini-goals
    1. stick to 500-550 calories on fast days
    2. run 3 days a week
    3. stick to 1500-1600 calories on non-fast days
    4. jump on my wifi scales most mornings but check trendweight for real progress
    5. keep reading about IF, collecting recipes on pinterest and getting in "the zone"
  • snaps27
    So my new mini goal for this week is to maintain. With being sick I just want to get better and not gain for next weeks weigh in.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    My mini goal this week is to complete 2 full FD.
    Based on another thread about the small things that support weight loss journey:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10006227/small-but-super-helpful-habits

I'm inspired to try do 5 squats every time I enter the bathroom... and maybe do a count as well...
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Mini goals for this week;
    Increase my water intake.
    Go to Zumba after work on Friday.
    Register a loss on Saturday (weekly weigh in) - however small it may be
    Enjoy a treat-filled, guilt-free weekend away with my husband to celebrate our joint 41st birthdays

Ahh well Emma, 50% success rate. Better luck next time. :)