Non Scale Victories - Share the Joy! - part 3

Options

Replies

• m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I still buy XXXL shirts from Tee Fury. (They do size a bit small.) But I am so used to wearing big baggy shirts that wearing clothes that fit "properly" always feels a bit weird and constraining.

HOWEVER...I have been wearing compression socks for nearly two years (talk about miracle cures!) and at Russ' suggestion added a compression undershirt to my wardrobe to help stabilize my wobbles...as I start RUNNING!

YES! This week, although not logged as such, I started a homemade Couch to 5k program.

Actually, the first goal is similar to my first goal LAST year...I want to be able to run to the store and back without throwing up a lung. (Last year it was WALK to the store and back...)

ALSO...the Pilates studio I use has offered me a deal for Sept-Dec. So, I am adding a free hour of yoga to the three hours of Pilates a week I already pay for. I am really looking forward to it!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Mark, this post made me happy! I would like to be able to run someday. I will have to check with a doctor and see if that is something I might one day be able to do with a mild case of arthritis in my knees. But so many times when I'm on the treadmill, I just want to take off! Run! LeAnna! Run!! (Read that like in the Forest Gump movie.)
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Today I am celebrating my 70th birthday, a privilege that is denied to many. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and family, great friends and good and improving health. I am looking forward to the next few decades. I still have a lot of things to cross off on my bucket list.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Chuck. Very special. :smile:
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Paula.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    My NSV - I had no idea what my size was. I'm still not certain. What I do know is that I fit comfortably into 22W/24W something I have not been able to do since 2004. My feet have also shrunk down by 1/2 size. I am a nine now. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I totally get you Maelyn. My feet have gone from a 11 to 9 !/2. I'm amazed. :love:
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Had to dig into my closet to find my belt today. My pants are getting a tad loose. :happy:
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Had to dig into my closet to find my belt today. My pants are getting a tad loose. :happy:

Yay for you!! I loved it when I had to find a belt. I had to dust it off it had been so long since it had been out of the closet. :)
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Here's a funny one. My husband and I just bought a house. When I went to the bank to withdraw my savings for the down payment, the teller wasn't sure if it was my ID, or if I was just someone who looked vaguely similar. Somebody needs a new drivers license!

Nice of them to be so secure about keeping a possible stranger from stealing my money, though. They were very polite as they grilled me. :laugh:
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Here's a funny one. My husband and I just bought a house. When I went to the bank to withdraw my savings for the down payment, the teller wasn't sure if it was my ID, or if I was just someone who looked vaguely similar. Somebody needs a new drivers license!

Nice of them to be so secure about keeping a possible stranger from stealing my money, though. They were very polite as they grilled me. :laugh:

I'm glad it is funny now. While flattering, I bet it was a bit stressful at the time! At least if you were up against a deadline.

I've had the guy at the TSA checkpoint look at me multiple times against the photo on my ID(s) but I haven't been detained yet because of it.

Nice NSV my friend!
  • ryennesoccer1
    Options
    One small victory for me this weekend was being able to plank! My core strength is coming back. :)
  • leannabseven
    Options
    I went by my old bead shop to say good bye before leaving town. I hadn't been in the store in a few months, and the lady who taught me to bead (the shop owner) didn't even recognize me when I first walked in the door. :)
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I went by my old bead shop to say good bye before leaving town. I hadn't been in the store in a few months, and the lady who taught me to bead (the shop owner) didn't even recognize me when I first walked in the door. :)
    That's one of my favorites!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I DID A SIT UP!!!! No feet tucked under a couch for resistance. Just me and my pathetic stomach muscles!!!! Yay!!!
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    i work at a nice retail store and we help people find things and suggest things, etc. So yesterday a girl about 16 came in with her dad to find some new jeans. So i'm asking what type of jeans and what size and she says 14. I say "really? you don't look like a 14. are you sure?" and then I say "I'm an 18 and look how much bigger i am than you." and she says " you're not that much bigger than me." and i don't know, but maybe it was just the way she said it, but i think it finally sunk in that i'm not FAT anymore. I look like a normal person again. after that, i went into the fitting room and looked in the mirror and she was right. i'm not that much bigger than most people anymore. i started looking around and out of 5 woman, counting me, i was #3 in size. two of them were skinny minnies and two of them were at least an 18 or above. i can wear both 18 and 16 jeans and pants and 1X shirts (but they are too big) and XL shirts. and that folks is why i'm back. i have 31 more pounds to lose to hit my goal and i am going to lose them and be skinny and maybe, just maybe, some day, be the smallest woman in a room. now that will be a hell of a NSV.
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Yay, Pixy! That is a big victory!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Jackie that's great!
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Both an NSV and a reality check here: I recently needed to order some new clothes for school (I'm a teacher), and since I had spent the summer happily in a size 22 (which is 5 sizes down from my starting point of a 32), I thought I'd try the next size down and ordered pants and cords in a 20. Well, the good news is that I can just barely sausage stuff myself into the jeans and get them to button/zip; given the size of the muffin top created, it's clear I need to be way better about making good food choices and getting myself to the gym. For increased motivation, the cords didn't fit, so now I need to make peace with the fact that the summer is long over and it's time to get back to work personally (which too often gets sublimated to my work professionally). Always a balancing act!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Tara, you truly are making great strides. And you are right about the balancing act...I'm working on that right now.