October Chat

Options

Replies

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Well, my Halloween costume arrived. Rick got into wearing a costume to work a few years ago as most of the folks there dress up, then began accepting invitations (for both of us) to Halloween parties.

This year we're going to the neighborhood bar's party, so my #1 requirement for the costume was that it worked with pants. I ended up ordering a pirate costume, and actually picked up a pair of black skinny jeans surprised-004.gif because I was fairly sure that the black leggings that came with the costume wouldn't be great.

I ordered an XL, and find that I could actually have gotten away with a large. Even the leggings fit, but I'll probably wear my new jeans (they're a size smaller than what I'm wearing now, so we'll see...). The reason I'm telling you this is because, last year my costume - ordered from the same place - was a 3x in plus size, and was snug :blush:

BOO!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    ker95texas, that is simply FABULOUS, dahling! Kudos 2 u!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    That's great Ker...well done :star:

Jean
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Woo-Hoo! Bet you look fantastic, Ker!!
  • marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    3 birthdays this week, my son, my granddaughter and my niece :D My granddaughter is so excited, she will be 5 and is having her party at a local farm with hay rides, pumpkins and all that fun stuff.
  • ker95texas
    Options
    @ Marise - how FUN - i remember the hay rides back from my youth. Hope everyone has a blast.

I celebrated (splurged!!) my birthday yesterday, and had a great time. Dinner with Rick, then he actually told me he wanted to show me off at 'our' bar because I had dressed up a little. Well, that's what he said anyway - he may have just wanted to go play darts with our buddies there. But had fun there too - bar was tolerably crowded and no old old country playing on the juke box LOL

I'll need to follow the program very very well for the next while to make up for the TexMex food followed by (um, more than one) drinks. :blush:

Onwards!
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ker95texas wrote: »
    @ Marise - how FUN - i remember the hay rides back from my youth. Hope everyone has a blast.

I celebrated (splurged!!) my birthday yesterday, and had a great time. Dinner with Rick, then he actually told me he wanted to show me off at 'our' bar because I had dressed up a little. Well, that's what he said anyway - he may have just wanted to go play darts with our buddies there. But had fun there too - bar was tolerably crowded and no old old country playing on the juke box LOL

I'll need to follow the program very very well for the next while to make up for the TexMex food followed by (um, more than one) drinks. :blush:

Onwards!

I'm the blond of the left!!

HappyBirthdayDanceTwist.gif
  • ker95texas
    Options
    Wooken - that is a *really* cute GIF - thank you!
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So, I've been really sick the past 10 days...severe diarrhea and a very bad cough. I'm much better today. Result of the whole ordeal is a loss of 6 pounds! It's NOT water weight, as someone on another site snidely remarked, because the weight has stayed off for a week now.

I'm really tired, and will just chill out today after doing some grocery shopping and out to breakfast (1 poached egg, 1 slice of toast).
  • ker95texas
    Options
    What a crappy (sorry) way to lose weight. Hope you feel much better soon & congrats on the loss!
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Belated happy birthday Ker. Sounds like a fun evening. Feel better Fig.....what a rotten way to lose any weight.

Both DH and I seem to have gotten over the Chik virus and headed up to Ohio to recover some of the business trip/vacation. It may have been a little too soon to have been traveling but here we are. DH has gone toToronto but I'm just staying put here. Yesterday we went to a couple of parks to see the fall colors. So beautiful and something we definitely do not have in the Caribbean. I just came back from a little limp through the leaves. Today is the first day I have put full weight on my cast and am now just using a cane for balance. Hopefully in 2 weeks....no more cast.
    I am not worrying at all about what I eat but am logging again as I do not want to get out of the habit. I lost a bit with the virus can afford to eat a bit more.
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it is already the 20th of October - where has it gone. We have been blessed with wonderful "Fall" weather for north Florida. in the 60's at night and 70's in the day. Perfect motorcycle riding weather. I was pleased when I put on my leather vest this weekend, hadn't worn it in a year and I could button it up! Last year I had to leave it flapping open. I am hoping for a good weigh in on Wednesday - sure have been trying.

Happy birthday Ker - and I bet it was fun putting on the costume!
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    :D So glad I found all of you!! I am almost at the double digit range. I really hope to lose 10 lbs. by Jan. 2nd. I think I may also head ove to the 1200 cal. group as I am really trying to aim around that range!!!!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Happy belated birthday, Ker. No pictures of the pirate(ss)? Hope you had fun!

Fig, that is absolutely the worst way to lose. Doesn't sound like you are feeling much better. You are right, just because you lose rapidly, it doesn't mean it is water weight. If you aren't eating, you aren't consuming calories. Simple math! But, I hope you get better soon and can start to feel like eating.

BVIFun, we had rain, and lots of it in central Ohio yesterday. Well, in the afternoon. Morning was nice and took a "nature" walk with granddaughter. Cold, windy and gray today. Hope the weather north is better for you. You need to feel better soon, too. You didn't want to lose any more and now look at you!

Deb, the weather and motorcycle both sound like a dream and what a great NSV!

I have added the treadmill stair-stepper this week and kinda like it. Although, so far, I can only do it for 5 minutes at about 31 steps a minute (or about 12-13 flights total), so not a huge burn about 55 calories. If you had ever told me that I would attempt this, I would have told you that you were nuts! But, I only see the thinnest people at the gym using this machine and figured that is how they are so thin! Of course, they are doing it for 1/2 hour and a lot faster than I am! :s I'll get there though! Really don't need another cardio though as there aren't enough hours to my evening. Of course, with winter coming, I won't mind so much being indoors at the gym.

Here is a pdf on stairs and calories burned. I don't live in a two-story house, but for those of you who run up and down: dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/nhp/worksite/documents/calories.pdf

Charlie

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Here is a pdf on stairs and calories burned. I don't live in a two-story house, but for those of you who run up and down: dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/nhp/worksite/documents/calories.pdf

Charlie

Thanks for this, I don't even think about the stairs I climb. Usually a few trips to the basement to the 2nd floor daily. Wow, additional calories burned, that is COOL. B)
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I think that I am not going to be able to use this site anymore. I do, fortunately, have a VERY strong virus blocker on my computer, but lately, every tme I log in, a site pops up that urges me to update my Flash player.
    My virus blocker detects it as a security risk.

This has happened every time I've logged in here this week.
    Perhaps I'll be able to access the food diary from my ipad, but I am not comfortable with this many repeated attacks on my system.

Bummer.
  • ker95texas
    Options
    Ack Cris! there must be some sort of glitch - probably tied in with MFP's latest update. Perhaps try another browser? I use Chrome most of the time. I, too, use a very good virus blocker and have had no warnings on my computer at all, but I also run AdBlock which blocks all the ads (which may be a cause of the problem).

Hope you can figure it out - would hate to see you unable to post in MFP!
  • mxchana
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We are getting some wild weather today here in central Massachusetts --- heavy rain and wind gusts --- but that didn't stop me from getting a walk in this morning. I love weather of almost all kinds (not a big fan of tornadoes) so I enjoyed seeing the colored leaves raining down and the water swirling in the streets. My dogs weren't so keen on it LOL but they are now all dried off and warm, relaxing on the couch.

BEST PART OF THE WALK: I tried on my Eastern Mountain Sports hooded windbreaker that I have not worn in several years --- and it fit!!

73739389.png
  • mxchana
    Options

Charlie

Thanks for this info, Charlie! I do have a staircase and this is very encouraging info. This is the kind of home exercise that's going to help keep me on target once the winter weather blows in.

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Chrisbtrue, I use Firefox browser and don't get that message either. I also use an ad blocker add on. Is the site Adobe, if so it is the site that owns Flash player, so is probably an automatic update setting that got reset to ask me instead of automatically update.
    I have ask me by default. I don't like web sites changing things for me, I'm a IT professional and make those decisions for myself ;)
    Does it pop up on any other sites you use?

Everyone else,
    Looking forward to the partial solar eclipse today. I bought new hiking boots, low ones, the higher ones are just too darned heavy, and tried to go for a hike but the weather had other plans. So maybe tomorrow.