Stupidest problem...Armband/Headphones in the way

Options
The0neWhoKnocks
The0neWhoKnocks Posts: 27 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Hey guys so this is not me making an excuse to stop running lol. I just recently bought one of those armband things which you can put your phone in, and I tried it once yesterday and it was a lot more annoying than I thought. There was so much headphone wire (standard Apple headphones), I tried looping it below my arm but within 2 minutes my phone had flown off my arm into the treadmill. Such an absurd query, I realise, but I'm hoping there's some easy adjustment I can make!

Very much appreciated,
T0WK

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I looped the cable below the armband then inside the sleeve of my tee. Up out the neck to my ears.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Bluetooth headphones, no wires
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love my armband, and I do exactly what MeanderingMammal does. I also have Bluetooth headphones. The Bluetooth headphones are GREAT when you are running on your own, but you cannot remove only one ear if you have a partner you are running with. With the typical headphones you can remove one and still have an ear on your "trainer" in your other ear. Unfortunately last night when I went out running, it was the first time that it was cold. With long sleeves you can't put the wire "up the sleeve and out the neck". It was really annoying. I would suggest rolling the excess wire up and put it behind your phone so you don't have as much excess.
  • The0neWhoKnocks
    The0neWhoKnocks Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like the wire in the sleeve suggestion, would not have thought of that myself! Many thanks, glad I asked!

I've been looking into Bluetooth headphones too, since we are here it wouldn't hurt if you have any recommendations! (I have done a search too!) My only requirement is that I can adjust volume / skip tracks on an iPhone, and that it doesn't slip out of ears (a common problem with my Apple headphones.)
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I personally use these.

http://www.amazon.ca/Motorola-S10-HD-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B004QWOSLK

Can I promise if they are the best? No.... they were the best I found at the best price. They are a play/pause/skip function as well as volume adjustment. They also have a microphone and the ability to take a phone call. They come with multiple ear pieces, to fit your specific ear size. If they don't fit it is possible to buy different ones. They are solid and fit in and do not move while running / exercising.

The one thing I dislike is the inability to remove one ear, and still have one in ear. I sometimes run with my hubby or a running group and I either use then and can't hear people talking to me, or I can't use them at all.

All in all, I am quite happy with them. They are rechargeable, so I am not constantly changing batteries. When I want to run with others I just use typical ear phones. My husband is not going to continue with the running after we graduate from the C25K, so I will be using this quite a bit more.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    jsandie76 wrote: »
    I personally use these.

http://www.amazon.ca/Motorola-S10-HD-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B004QWOSLK

Can I promise if they are the best? No.... they were the best I found at the best price. They are a play/pause/skip function as well as volume adjustment. They also have a microphone and the ability to take a phone call. They come with multiple ear pieces, to fit your specific ear size. If they don't fit it is possible to buy different ones. They are solid and fit in and do not move while running / exercising.

The one thing I dislike is the inability to remove one ear, and still have one in ear. I sometimes run with my hubby or a running group and I either use then and can't hear people talking to me, or I can't use them at all.

All in all, I am quite happy with them. They are rechargeable, so I am not constantly changing batteries. When I want to run with others I just use typical ear phones. My husband is not going to continue with the running after we graduate from the C25K, so I will be using this quite a bit more.
    I also have the Motorola s10. Very nice. I think I found them for $60 on Amazon. My biggest complaint is that the rubber ear pads fall off very easily, so I'm always tracking them down.

For wired headphones I use the cord through the sleeve trick, but last time I used them I was stymied by long sleaves. I kept pulling one out of my ear when I got tangled up with it. I thought about trying to use a safety pin or two to guide it up my arm instead.

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    With long sleeves you can't put the wire "up the sleeve and out the neck".

High viz tee over the long sleeve top. Or a high viz gilet.

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    With long sleeves you can't put the wire "up the sleeve and out the neck".

High viz tee over the long sleeve top. Or a high viz gilet.
    Good idea.