Now that we are back, how is everybody doing?

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Good morning everyone! Well yesterday's fast was a bust! By 10:00 I was starving so decided to just wait a couple of days before getting back into it. After 10 days of just eating whenever/whatever it's understandable I would have issues. So, the plan is to just try and stay at TDEE today and maybe tomorrow and try fasting on Thursday. By next week I should be back to normal :smile:

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Whoops, had too much fun over the weekend haha. Went away for my mom and I's birthdays and we definitely ate it up haha! This week's goal is just getting back to last week's lowest :)
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Sounds like there were good (or bad, depending on your perspective) weekends all around!

Go us!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    snaps27 wrote: »

Thanks so much, I do feel a bit better today. And I think your right about the kids. With four in primary/grade school then I can't really avoid it can I? I have decided to incorporate a multi-vitamin into my routine to get anything back that I might be missing out. Thanks again for the support.

I have been taking probiotics and for the first time I didn't get bronchitis with my last cold. My son just came down with his first cold of the school year. I am interested to see if I get sick or not.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Feel better @jknight001!

Still chipping away trying to get back down to lowest from last week :)
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    I had a long weekend away from the computer. Work has me exhausted. I ate like doodoo over the weekend and drank... a lot. Fasted yesterday and will again tomorrow. Interested in seeing what my weigh in this week will be like.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Week 1 - 2.4 lbs (1.09kg)
    Week 2 - 0.8 lbs (0.36 kg)
    Week 3 - 1.4 lbs (0.63 kg)
    Week 4 - 0.2 lbs (0.09 kg)
    Week 5 - 0.4 lbs (0.18 kg)
    Week 6 - 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg)
    Week 7 - 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg)
    Week 8 - 0.6 lbs (0.27 kg)
    Total loss as of 10/24/14 7.8 lbs (3.54 kg)

My apologies to all of my metric friends. I was looking at my kg amounts and realized I had some of them wrong! Last week I had myself my total loss of 7.2 lbs at 15kg! :"> Corrected my math and I am back on track. If I still have it wrong, feel free to show me the error of my ways.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hi to all.
    I am new here and did not see an introduction thread so I put my stuff it just here :-)

I am on mfp for a while but started seriously this march. I started weight lifting 3x/week and ate TDEE - 20%. I was very strict for almost four months, logging my food everyday etc. But my weight kinda stayed the same (yeah, my measurements went down a bit but not really satisfying enough).

During the summer I lost track a bit, but luckily didn´t gain. Then I tried with a more calorie reduced version, since I had the feeling I was eating TDEE instead of TDEE - 20%. Went down to 1200 calories a day and of course wasn´t able to stay with that long term.

After going back to "normal" I gained and weigh now more than I ever have without being pregnant. My fat pants don´t fit anymore o_O

Well, I found the documentary for the fast diet and was immediately intrigued. Almost finished the book also.

This year thaught me two things:

I cannot live without or only very few carbs
    I am tired of having to restrict myself everyday and think about food and feeling guilty all the time.

It was such a pleasure to go grocery shopping today. It´s not like I eat junk all the time, I have two kids and we cook from scratch etc. But still, I had buns for lunch (lately mostly salat, because carbs), yeah :-D

Tomorrow will be my first fast day. But I am actually looking forward to it. I did a two weeks fast years ago and managed to stay with it the whole time.

So, yeah, I am happy to start and will go on reading here now.

Cheers, Neon
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Welcome, Neonbeige:) Enjoy the ride! Add if you want to.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    8th week of 5:2. I'm down 8 kg (ca 17.6 lbs) total and 12 cm in waist! Taking a break from fasting this week cause of the long awaited spinning instructor practical course. But I'll log on MFP. Have a great week, everybody:)
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    congrats on your 17.6 lbs. plus the inches lost on your waist. You are doing really great on the 5:2. Do you eat at your TDEE on NFD's?
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Foamroller wrote: »
    8th week of 5:2. I'm down 8 kg (ca 17.6 lbs) total and 12 cm in waist! Taking a break from fasting this week cause of the long awaited spinning instructor practical course. But I'll log on MFP. Have a great week, everybody:)

Amazing loss! Great Job!
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    edited October 2014
    Oct 9th was my first fast day, I'm down 12 lbs. Only lost 1.2 this week (so far-my next FD is tomorrow), but can't do my usual workouts because of job.
    As I indicated before, I'm doing this in conjunction with Whole30 and 8:16. Seems to be working well. Whole30 keeps me from eating the crap I otherwise would eat and 8:16 (which I do on FD and days not directly preceding or following FD) keep me from eating too late.
  • Neonbeige
    Wow, amazing results @foamroller! You did also pretty nicely @mwhite! Really cool.

I finished my first fasting day yesterday and it went fine. I only had dinner, because it´s easier for me to eat nothing than having small meals. Had a huge salad with some yummy ingredients for dinner and feel good. During the day I drank about five liters of water and tea o_O

I love the fact that a "normal" breakfast was waiting for me today. No: you cannot have carbs, you cannot have milk in your coffee or stuff like this. Just normal breakfast. Incredible!

• loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    mwhite: great job on losing 12 lbs. so far...........
  • carlsoda

Good luck with the class!

• carlsoda
    Neonbeige wrote: »
    Wow, amazing results @foamroller! You did also pretty nicely @mwhite! Really cool.

I finished my first fasting day yesterday and it went fine. I only had dinner, because it´s easier for me to eat nothing than having small meals. Had a huge salad with some yummy ingredients for dinner and feel good. During the day I drank about five liters of water and tea o_O

I love the fact that a "normal" breakfast was waiting for me today. No: you cannot have carbs, you cannot have milk in your coffee or stuff like this. Just normal breakfast. Incredible!

Great job!! And yes, you can have a normal breakfast today :)

• carlsoda
    snaps27 wrote: »

Amazing loss! Great Job!

Wow - what a great loss! I just read the 8 kgs and assumed lbs as I am very tired right now! Keep up the good work!!! :smile:

• carlsoda
    Oct 9th was my first fast day, I'm down 12 lbs. Only lost 1.2 this week (so far-my next FD is tomorrow), but can't do my usual workouts because of job.
    As I indicated before, I'm doing this in conjunction with Whole30 and 8:16. Seems to be working well. Whole30 keeps me from eating the crap I otherwise would eat and 8:16 (which I do on FD and days not directly preceding or following FD) keep me from eating too late.

Nice loss!! You are doing great! So what's Whole30? I'm thinking it's something to do with clean eating?
  • Neonbeige
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Neonbeige wrote: »

Great job!! And yes, you can have a normal breakfast today :)

I love that fact! :-D I am breakfast and carbs lover. Having to stop eating buns on the weekends with the family is heartbreaking (even without the family, hehe). But in germany we usually don´t have warm breakfast, so it´s also habitual.