Weekly Update Post: 10/19/2014

Options
Is is okay to add a weekly check-in post? I thought it would be a bit easier to keep up with everyone and start the week fresh! I dated this one to start this past Sunday to make it easier to start a new thread next week.

Hopefully someone can help create the new post each Sunday :)

Just to get this week in perspective:

~5 Weeks Until Thanksgiving
~9 Weeks Until Christmas
~10 Weeks Until NYE

and can't forget...1.5 Weeks Until Halloweeeeeeeen!

Replies

• bbb251
    bbb251 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good idea! I'm excited for today to be over because I'll be done fasting for the week :# Sushi for dinner tonight, then tomorrow FOOTBALL! Saturday, soccer! and Sunday... more FOOTBALL!

I think next week I may do what some people suggested in other threads and not eat breakfast on fast days. I just wake up so excited for my morning peanut butter toast :'(
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Great Idea @carb. I'm on a mission this week, after my gain last week. I will get rid of that 2lb. 2nd fast of the week today before my weigh in tomorrow. :D
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a weekly post. I do better when I break down my goals and not look at the big picture :o I'm just on the tail end of my cold, but sooo much better so hopefully my next week weigh-in will be okay and not be a massive gain.

In the UK, next week the kids are off school for a week and I always find it harder when the kids are around. I just want to join in on what ever they are eating :# I hope I get through my two fasting days next week...fingers crossed.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Weekly check-ins are a great idea!

For me, 1 week till I go to London - my daughter is making her Sadlers Wells debut and I shall be a very proud Mom. Planning to wear a new Monsoon skater style dress in electric blue, with lace 3/4 sleeves. Plus a blue pleather biker jacket, and funky shoes.

Being an avid parkrunner I've checked out where the nearest Saturday morning run is, so I'll do some parkrun toruism. I'm still waiting for my red 50 Tshirt - would be lovely to have it in time.

I have an interview on Monday so I may not be able to make that my fast day, so probably Tuesday/ Thursday.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @snaps27, glad you're feeling better, keep fluid intake up. :)

@melaniecheeks. I bet you'll look fanstastic. I love the electric blue stuff that's around now. Good luck with your interview as well. :)
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thanks for starting this. I use to post my weight loss weekly on the old result thread on the other site. I also need to lose the 3 lbs. I gained last week when I had company for a few days and did not fast last week.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Hey great idea Carbmonster! Well I did finally get on the scale this morning after last weeks vacation and not pretty. I know my clothes are even more uncomfortable than before but I decided to bite the bullet and check out the damage. So I need to get back on track as soon as possible! I also got into the gym last night (been forever) and did some weight lifting and boy my legs are already feeling it. So tonight we are going to a birthday party with lasagna so today is not a fasting day, but I maybe do reduced calories tomorrow to prepare for next week. Time to get off sugar again!!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    ... my daughter is making her Sadlers Wells debut and I shall be a very proud Mom.
    Holy cow, that is a "huge" deal...congratulations.

• AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm doing uber poopy this weekend. I'm just feeling meh since the weather is meh and my eating has been all over the board.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »

In the UK, next week the kids are off school for a week and I always find it harder when the kids are around. I just want to join in on what ever they are eating :# I hope I get through my two fasting days next week...fingers crossed.

Yes, it can be really hard for me too when everyone else is eating I would like to eat, especially all week long!

I had two thoughts: 1) You could plan for some treats that fit into your TDEE cals with them on your NFDs to help yourself not feel the odd woman out all week and 2) set your kid's expectations for FDs. Let them know you will be doing something good for yourself by fasting that day. Kids benefit from seeing Mom taking care of herself.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »

Yes, it can be really hard for me too when everyone else is eating I would like to eat, especially all week long!

I had two thoughts: 1) You could plan for some treats that fit into your TDEE cals with them on your NFDs to help yourself not feel the odd woman out all week and 2) set your kid's expectations for FDs. Let them know you will be doing something good for yourself by fasting that day. Kids benefit from seeing Mom taking care of herself.

Thanks for the tips! I know I will get through it! Darn it, I better :p
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bbb251 wrote: »
    Good idea! I'm excited for today to be over because I'll be done fasting for the week :# Sushi for dinner tonight, then tomorrow FOOTBALL! Saturday, soccer! and Sunday... more FOOTBALL!

Woo woo time to celebrate haha! Great job :)
  • thecarbmonster
    Options
    Whew, @melaniecheeks, definitely a big week! Congrats on everything! Good luck at the interview, too!

Feeling a bit more relieved today as I have finally gotten back down to last week's lowest. Whew. Since I have been tracking more on the weekends, I have bounced back quicker to my lowest weight of the last week and then been able to make progress quicker. This weekend I went allll out for birthday weekend getaway and enjoyed every minute haha. I could have done a lot better just cutting back/not going hog-wild, but I felt like I needed to let go so I could feel renewed and ready to keep going.

So coming back from the weekend, it was the first time I had gained on my highest weight of the week. I just mentally switched my goals from losing to maintaining. Even if it took me two or three weeks, I still felt like it was worth it to have that free-for-all weekend to keep going for the long-haul. Instead of trying to go into exercise-hyper-drive, I just went right back to what has worked these past 12 weeks...and it has! Down .2 from lowest last week and that is a big win for me.

• jknight001
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »

Thanks for the tips! I know I will get through it! Darn it, I better :p

You will. You are strong! <3
  • thecarbmonster
    Options
    AlyssaJoJo wrote: »
    I'm doing uber poopy this weekend. I'm just feeling meh since the weather is meh and my eating has been all over the board.

Having crappy weather here too! Had a fun time trying to carry in 100+ lb packages in the downpour yesterday haha. I get spoiled by UPS when they deliver to my door, even when I'm not home. However, Fedex only drops off to leasing office.

Does that count as strength training? I have a sore back and arms for it...so I'm saying YES!

• thecarbmonster
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Hey great idea Carbmonster! Well I did finally get on the scale this morning after last weeks vacation and not pretty. I know my clothes are even more uncomfortable than before but I decided to bite the bullet and check out the damage. So I need to get back on track as soon as possible! I also got into the gym last night (been forever) and did some weight lifting and boy my legs are already feeling it. So tonight we are going to a birthday party with lasagna so today is not a fasting day, but I maybe do reduced calories tomorrow to prepare for next week. Time to get off sugar again!!

@carlsoda, that is a BIG WIN! Getting back in the groove is always hard after having a few days off, but you are killing it!

I have been preparing myself for the holidays (and surprised I got through my mom and I's birthday without any permanent scale damage...from me throwing it out the window) by just accepting that there will be days I can't control. It will help to track if I can. It's hard when it's homemade treats or at a party when it's hard to know the true nutrition values, but it helps so much to just keep portion sizes in mind. Feeling like I'm suiting up to get through those tempting treats haha. Some are good, but the whole plate isn't as appealing anymore when I got my goals in sight lol!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm down 0.9 kg, about 2 lbs this week! Was going up and down on scale last week, sometimes it feels like the fat cells are stubborn and can't make up their minds to either lose or keep the weight. But (sorry TMI) some undies were getting baggy, so I knew a whoosh was coming.

Argued with myself today. I know myself in these chilly rains, by the time I get back home and had dinner, there's NO way I'm going to the gym. So I went for a fasted light run instead in the RAIN before today's chores. Maybe more a NSV, but I'm challenging myself to do things that were unheard of just a couple of months ago. And I love it!
  • jknight001
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    I'm down 0.9 kg, about 2 lbs this week! Was going up and down on scale last week, sometimes it feels like the fat cells are stubborn and can't make up their minds to either lose or keep the weight. But (sorry TMI) some undies were getting baggy, so I knew a whoosh was coming.

Argued with myself today. I know myself in these chilly rains, by the time I get back home and had dinner, there's NO way I'm going to the gym. So I went for a fasted light run instead in the RAIN before today's chores. Maybe more a NSV, but I'm challenging myself to do things that were unheard of just a couple of months ago. And I love it!

So encouraging to hear of your weight loss. And I love it that you "outsmarted" yourself and ran first. Way to go, girl!
  • thecarbmonster
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »

Maybe more a NSV, but I'm challenging myself to do things that were unheard of just a couple of months ago. And I love it!

So awesome! Congrats @foamroller! Time to get you some fancy new drawls!

• loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    carbmonster and foamroller: Congrats on your losses for the week so far.