Post your recent results - Part 2

Options

Replies

• JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    October 19 2014

Toronto Waterfront Marathon, my second full... 3:44:32, 5 minutes PR!!
    I ran the first half in 1:51:56 and the second half in 1:52:37. I felt strong the whole way. Pretty happy about it :)
  • salvaje913
    salvaje913 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    October 18, 2014

The Toughest 10K - Galveston
    (My first 10K ever from starting to run back in April!) 1:11:41 - PR!

First time running up a bridge and it was something! Great race with great weather!
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Despite some advice to pass on this one, I finished my 3rd half marathon yesterday. I had done the same course last year undertrained because of an ankle sprain and it was miserable. As luck would have it, I sprained my ankle again this year and I lost 5 weeks of training, but with a much stronger base before the sprain this time, I felt I could handle it. The most important decision I made was pacing, I re-adjusted my time goal, re-adjusted my attitude to be ok if I couldn't hold the pace, and just went out there to have a good time and finish. And I had a BLAST! It was so much better than last year. I actually shaved 9 minutes off my time from last year. I didn't meet my new goal (I missed it by less than a minute) but I was only about 9 minutes off my original goal before my injury. The best part was how much fun I had--glad I didn't miss it!! AthHalf- 2:38:24 PR
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I ran the Silent Trails 10 mile trail race in Laramie, Wyoming. My time was 1:49:16, or a 10:18 minute mile. Considering the race was on trails at 8000-9000 feet with 1200 feet of elevation gain, I was pretty happy with that! My PR on a half marathon for comparison is a 8:58 minute mile.

This weekend I reran the same course both Saturday and Sunday! Kinda crazy, but we're on our last gasp of fall weather here and it was soooo beautiful this weekend.
  • lbelle987
    Options
    Ran the Detroit Freep International Marathon on Sunday...5:07:16. Major PR for me :) Still super excited!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Glacial Trail 50M in Greenbush, WI. I missed a cutoff at mile 38 and had to take a DNF.... sucked. Here is a little race report:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LoneWolfRunner
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Ran the Myrtle Beach Mini-Marathon (HM) on 10/19 and the Coastal 5K on 10/18. Finished the 5K in 26:09 at a relatively easy pace
    Finished the HM in 2:01:33.

Flat courses, but very crowded on the first 2 miles of the HM. I lost more than 2 minutes in the first mile because the roadway was so packed. Once I broke free, I was able to sustain about a 9:00/mile. Wanted to complete in 1:59:59, but it was also the last longish training run 2 weeks before my next marathon so I didn't want to burn-out my legs just to break the 2-hour mark. There will be another day for that.

Weather was cool. A little breezy for the HM but not excessively so.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    STrooper wrote: »
    Ran the Myrtle Beach Mini-Marathon (HM) on 10/19 and the Coastal 5K on 10/18. Finished the 5K in 26:09 at a relatively easy pace
    Finished the HM in 2:01:33.

Flat courses, but very crowded on the first 2 miles of the HM. I lost more than 2 minutes in the first mile because the roadway was so packed. Once I broke free, I was able to sustain about a 9:00/mile. Wanted to complete in 1:59:59, but it was also the last longish training run 2 weeks before my next marathon so I didn't want to burn-out my legs just to break the 2-hour mark. There will be another day for that.

Weather was cool. A little breezy for the HM but not excessively so.

Awesome! Sounds like you are ready to move a little farther forward when you line up for your next half. Though for a marathon I'd suggest lining up a little farther back than your "true" pace because everyone tends to start out too fast in a marathon. Better to "lose" 30 seconds a mile in your first couple of miles than go out 30 seconds too fast and trade that for 2 extra minutes a mile over the last six miles!
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I don't usually post my results if they aren't an "official" pr, but i ran my fastest 5k with the jogging stroller today 27:05, and for the first time ever (haven't done this without the stroller yet) i posted a sub-8 mile. 7:54. I do have a slight regret that I didn't run this race solo like originally planned, I think i would have gone sub-26. Still happy with my effort though.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Marine Corps Marathon 10/26/14 - 4:02:46. Definitely not my best, but had some issues. Still this is an AMAZING race to run, highly recommended!
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Lake Hodges Trailfest 50K: 4:09:48. 6th Overall, 1st Age Group, new 50K PR by almost 10 minutes.
  • jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was hesitant to post my results on here, but hey fastest or not I am damn proud!!! I ran my first marathon yesterday at the Niagara International Marathon and my first 21K split was 2:36 but then at mile 16, my legs broke on me...I got MASSIVE charlie horses that at every .5 miles i had to stop and rub them out to keep going and ended up finishing with 5:59:12. Despite it being a long time, my main goal was to finish and thats all that matters to me right now...I DID IT!!!!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Saturday, 25-October-2014, Spinx RunFest, Greenville, SC, Run Town USA Half-Marathon

I set the goal of 1:40 for the race, which would have been a PR. I ran a 1:42 in Athens earlier in the year and had trained all summer. The RTUSA Half is a tough course, rolling down hill for the first half and climbing the second half, so I was a bit nervous.

During the race, every time I glanced at the Garmin, it was much slower than the pace I needed. Half way point was in the 49:30 range, knowing that the hills were coming I was again nervous. I decided at that point to just ignore the Garmin and run. Finish line approaching and I felt damn good. Finish line approaching and I see the official clock reading 1:37 and change...high gear (our at least what I could muster), and I crossed as the clock ticked over to 1:38.

Crushed my PR by 3+ minutes. Finished 58 overall, 52 of 515 men, 15th in my age group. I'll take it.
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Finished the Green Stride Newburyport Half Marathon on Sunday with a new PR of 2:25:07, and I also didn't feel like complete death after so that is the major win
  • vgnrnr
    vgnrnr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First half marathon.

1:29:13

Had to cancel a couple ultras so I ran this local race instead. I was pretty happy with the results considering I've never raced that distance.
  • deanna0127
    deanna0127 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    October 26, 2014

Vancouver BC, Canada Rock N Roll Inaugural Half-Marathon. A beautiful course on a day with perfect running weather. New PR 2:12:25
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Dublin city marathon- 4.46. Finish line not finish time..but already looking foward to next year hopefully do another one. Just one though :)
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Honor Our Heroes Quarter Marathon- 1:01.58; 2nd in AG and 10th overall female. I started the race at a casual pace, but at the turnaround point I counted and noticed I was the 12th female, and I could see two girls a catchable distance ahead. Finished with an avg. 9:29 pace. (1 min faster than the LR pace I was supposed to be running.. oops). Guess I should have remembered how competitive I can get before deciding to use a race as a marathon recovery run... lol.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Richard Burton 10k. Was hoping for my first sub 55min (PB stood at 56:17) but wasn't sure if it was doable on an undulating course with a twinging calf & thigh. I have no idea where it came from but blasted it and finished in 52:03 (my watch, still waiting for the official results)
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    So on a whim I wanted to see if I could beat my previous 5k PR (25:40). I smashed it! 24:06. Yahoo :D
This discussion has been closed.