Which Body Revo. exercise challenges you most?

Options
7elizamae
7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
I just did my first day of workout 5. I really liked it!

But...I could BARELY DO the punches with the cables. :noway: Couldn't finish without stopping and now my arms are kinda shaky.

I'd say thats the toughest Jillian exercise I've come across.

What about you?

Replies

• sdkyne
    sdkyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm only in the second week, so not enough time in yet to know. From previous Shred experience, I could never get the form right on the side lunge with a lateral something or other.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm, which one to pick......

Plank rows. Yep those.

:grumble: :sick:
  • nbp79
    nbp79 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Weighted Warrior III Pose. Worst. Thing. Ever.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Weighted Warrior III pose, and also I'm currently struggling with push-up jacks and those stupid supermans with lateral raises!!
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    I just started week 7 and workout 7 kicked my butt especially the push ups
  • 7elizamae
    Options
    I'm only in the second week, so not enough time in yet to know. From previous Shred experience, I could never get the form right on the side lunge with a lateral something or other.

Me neither. I don't do those side lunges -- they just don't feel right on my knees. I do front or back lunges instead.
  • 7elizamae
    Options
    I agree with the Weighted Warrior III pose, and also I'm currently struggling with push-up jacks and those stupid supermans with lateral raises!!

I tried my first superman with lateral raises today. Got the weights off the ground, but just a little and it was HARD. I haven't done this weighted warrior yet, but I have a feeling I know what it might be....:frown:
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Weighted warrior for sure (but I feel like a BEAST afterwards) and those darned Wheel push-ups!!!
    Enjoy!
  • puppup73
    puppup73 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Gotta be wheel push ups. Just can't budge my head of the ground.
  • itsjustmish
    Options
    I can do the push up jacks now, but I'm still completely useless at those side crunch things! I only have one more attempt at workout 9 to go so I doubt I'll master those. Oh well!
  • 7elizamae
    Options
    The side crunches are weird.

I wasn't doing them right at first -- I was kind of 'up' on my hip.

I noticed Jillian's gang of beautiful people doing them sort of back on their glutes.

Once I tried leaning back onto my behind rather than perching and balancing on my hip bone, I could do them. I like them now.
  • itsjustmish
    Options
    Oooh, thanks for the tip! I'll take a closer look when I'm next doing that workout because I'm probably doing them wrong too! :)
  • 7elizamae
    Options
    I'm just popping back in here to report that I can now do the superman with weights in front! I could NOT get those weights off the ground when I started. :bigsmile:
  • carolinstephan
    carolinstephan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Agreed - I started workout 5 today as well and just could not do the cable exercises where you're punching it out all the way through!

I also had a hard time with the single leg squat with medium weight...I have to work on my balance more!
  • itsjustmish
    Options
    I'm now stuck with those ridiculous wheel push-ups! For now, I'm just about holding the position rather than actually managing to do the whole 'pushing up and down' thing! I tried several times and just ended up collapsing in a heap. It seriously defies the laws of gravity!!
  • elevensgirl
    elevensgirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm only on workouts 5/6 but I can't do anything in the stupid crab position.
  • chrise2
    chrise2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Plank rows I am trying to get 6 reps out. And some of the balancing ones I have to lower my leg a bit.
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    wheel push ups by far!! I FREAKING HATE THOSE!!
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Reverse planks and then later on, reverse planks with leg raises. Hurts my knees.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I used to hate plank ups. I am on my third round of BR now and they do not phase me. That tricep superset in workout five is killer though. Also Warrior Three with weights, I still cannot keep my arms straight. I also hate in Workout 11 or 12 I think is holding the chuttarunga (sp?) and wheel pushups.

I am not sure which one of those I hate worse.