People who say they'll never get married

Options
2»

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    although I'm 46 and have never been married, I don't say I'll never get married. However, I'm not going to settle for less than what I deserve just because I want to be married. I will marry when I know in my heart that it is right.

Same here, although I will definitely never have a wedding or bachelorette or shower. I find them pretty distasteful for the most part. I also keep remembering that 'marriage' is traditionally a transfer of ownership of a woman from her father to her husband.

You must be awesome if your father hasn't been willing to sell you yet.

Sadly, it's quite the opposite :( Best offer he's gotten is 1/2 goat (probably the back half) and a sack of dirty rags.
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 30. I've only had two relationships and they lasted roughly 4 months before they both said, "Let's just be friends." Honestly, I really really want to get married some day. I do. However, at this point, I honestly don't think it's in the cards for me. I just have never found anyone that's interested in me and honestly it sucks. So, I guess I'm in a weird group that says "I'll never get married" but not for lack of wanting, just lack of hope.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Same here, although I will definitely never have a wedding or bachelorette or shower. I find them pretty distasteful for the most part.

I thought I was the only one! Have a family wedding coming up soon and I am already sooooo over it.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't see myself getting married again for a number of reasons. That's not saying I don't want a committed relationship. I just don't need a piece of paper to prove it.