Fat bombs and kids??

Options
janhiness
janhiness Posts: 32 Member
My son loves fat bombs. He's two and has been having 1 a day. He is definitely not on low carb but eats a balanced diet. I didn't think much of it but I'm wondering if he should he eating them or not? Anyone else in this situation or have any advice

Replies

• crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I think the concern would be that they are high in calories, and if he's already getting his daily allotment of calories, adding a fat bomb will put him way over. But, that's just off the top of my head. I get him, I love my chocolate mousse fat bomb too :)
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    A fat bomb a day shouldn't be an issue if he has a balanced diet to begin with. Maybe make him a smaller portion than the "adult size" if you'd prefer.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Unless it's like 400cals per, wouldn't worry. Kids his age need fat for brain development.

My kids have been eating a little less carby, at dinner at least. Two of them chose to avoid the pasta and penne tonight, one ate barely any and one had about the equivalent of a portion. They each ate a 5oz butter baked tilapia filet and olive oil roasted broccoli.

Last night my husband had a work dinner so I didn't even make a starch, went with two veg instead, no complaints, lol.

They still eat breakfast cereal, sandwiches, toast, snacks etc...
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I understand that babies and toddlers do need more fat for brain development. My family is all eating less carbs and more fat and loving it. But I still haven't made myself fat bombs. Ugh.
  • BansheeCat
    BansheeCat Posts: 140
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @nicsflyingcircus

I made the exact thing! Tilapia and broccoli. Too weird.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    BansheeCat wrote: »
    @nicsflyingcircus

That is funny!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    @nicsflyingcircus

That is funny!

Hmmmm, I had Blackened Tilapia and broccoli at Applebee's last night.... (Twilight Zone music playing in background)....

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    @nicsflyingcircus

That is funny!

Hmmmm, I had Blackened Tilapia and broccoli at Applebee's last night.... (Twilight Zone music playing in background)....

Dan the Man from Michigan

Or "Great minds think alike."