Day Four

Options
glyndalin
glyndalin Posts: 29 Member
SO, I'm home, finally, after my gastric bypass on Monday. It was a pretty scary first day, but right now things are progressing. A little sore and feeling like I just had surgery, but other than that, things are moving along. The hardest thing is getting full on 2 ounces of chicken broth and having a mandate to get a minimum of 32 ounces of liquid in. (They'd like 64, but I think they're dreaming.) Now it's down to the really hard work. I had lost 68 pounds before the surgery and if I can lose even 50 - 75 after, I'm going to be a very happy camper as far as my health and joints are concerned. I've already been taken off my blood pressure meds by my primary care physician.

Best wishes to those who are taking the plunge here in the next few weeks.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Great news! Each day gets better. Keep working toward your food and water goals!

Rob
  • benagek
    benagek Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I remember those days of being happy if I got in 8 oz of water with my chicken broth. It gets better. I'm 5 weeks out and finally getting in most of my water, most of the days. :smile:
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The first few weeks are all about adjusting to new things. It's still hard for me to get all of my liquids because I basically have to drink all day to achieve that. Sometimes just thinking about having to drink water makes me sick.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    For me to even imagine getting enough liquids in would literally require me to have a bottle duct tapped to my hand :neutral_face:
    If Im not running to the bathroom to urinate, Im contemplating vomiting :cold_sweat:
    It will be nice when life as I once knew it would get back to at least semi-normal....Im not asking for too much :wink:
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am 3 years out and getting all my water in is challenging just because I never was one to drink water or really much of anything all day, so I tend to get busy and forget. For me it's not physically uncomfortable unless I try to get 32 ounces in between dinner and bedtime. Hang in there. It does get easier as you heal.
    26197638.png