Really great labs 8 months on keto

Options
Booksandbeaches
Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Recently I did all my annual labs. The results are great. Some of the results were the best ever in my life. I was once prediabetic, but now I have a blood sugar average that according to my doctor is a "dream". It's so far from prediabetes. My typical blood sugar is under 100 each day. She said my lab results were the best she saw that day. My total cholesterol, LDL (including VLDL), HDL, tryglycerides were great. THe HDL (good cholesterol) was double the normal, which made my doctor happy. I've never had triglycerides this low. At one point, it was in the 200s. Now it's 60. Kidneys are totally fine. Liver enzymes were normal. Vitamin D levels had normalized.

Keto all the way for me. :)

Replies

• ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, Books! This way of eating really pays off when you see those numbers.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    congrats, that's awesome :)
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Glad to hear it!
  • wonderfullymadebyhim
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder that keto is not just for weight loss but good health! I get my labs done in Feb approx 6 months into keto... I hope to share great results too!
  • leicesteralex
    Options
    Great. Thanks for posting it. I mainly do keto for health reasons because I don't have much weight to lose.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • melissa968
    melissa968 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I'm having mine done on Monday. Hope they are as good as yours!
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    Awesome news! Certainly the keto is for health in mind but proving to those of conventional dietary thought that they're idiots is quite satisfying too. >:)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    BansheeCat wrote: »
    Awesome news! Certainly the keto is for health in mind but proving to those of conventional dietary thought that they're idiots is quite satisfying too. >:)

Hear hear!
    Congrats, books!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I got back into school (nursing) so I have to have another physical soon. Had my labs run in July, wondering how different they might look, another 35-40 lbs down :)
  • leighsnow
    leighsnow Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well done!