800 calorie breakfast!! How do I stop?

Options
So I ate a huge breakfast & only one thing was healthy- yogurt. But for me, yogurt IS NOT healthy because I'm lactose intolerant AND I have IBS! So yeah, my stomach huuurrrrtttsss.

My story: I've always loved food, even when I was skinny. I always craved what my mom & I call poo poo platters (haha) it would be a healthy plate of fruits, veggies, & cheese. Growing up all I craved were poo poo platters, cereal, & chocolate milk. I was a very active kid so weight wasn't a problem... until I hit puberty & unfortunately around that time my dad left us.. so I was depressed & hormonal or whatever you wanna call it... so I laid down all day & ate. In just a year or two I went from 70 pounds to 120!!! Then a couple years after that I was 160. At that weight I knew I had to make some changes. I was only 11 though, so I developed symptoms of 3 different eating disorders. I would starve myself on weekdays & workout nonstop. Then on weekends I would binge.. sometimes I would purge because I was just that full & sometimes I just let my stomach hurt. I never really had an eating disorder, I just had the mindset of someone with anorexia mostly. I lost 31 pounds, got down to 129 at age 13. Then here's when I started binge eating nonstop.... we moved to a cheaper area.. my sister worked at pizza hut & brought home pizzas all the time. That was what we lived off of for a year or two!! I gained idk how much but when I turned 15, we moved, got a new scale & I weighed 170. I'm 18 now & just a couple weeks ago I weighed 191. You see, I gain weight fast! I was constantly eating & I admit I was & still am (my username says it) a food addict. I believe I have binge eating disorder & am going to see a doctor about it. Before I made my new lifestyle change, I would eat roughly over 3,000 calories. I didn't really track it so I don't know the real number, but I would sit down, eat a MEAL, then have seconds, then have a bunch of snacks... that were all unhealthy, topped with a tall glass of soda.

Friday, October 10th is when I made my lifestyle change. It's been over 2 weeks & I have only binged 5 or 6 times.. that is good, compared to binge eating every day. BUT I'm noticing my binges at first were spread apart, like 1 or 2 a week.. now I'm binge eating everyday or every other day. I'm afraid I'm gonna go back to who I was before, but I look at my progress & see how far I have come & I don't want to stop trying to be healthy ... I weighed myself today & I'm just under 187. 4 pounds in 2 & a half weeks isn't bad, but the thing is I could be losing more if I didn't binge like I am.

Note: I am 1 of 6 in my household that is on this lifestyle change- everyone else eats junk. So I can't get rid of the food. I am NOT depriving myself of food to cause these binge episodes. I eat enough & too much at that.

Question: What can I do to stop myself from binge eating? Sour cream & peanut butter are my weaknesses & we have PLENTY of it!! What can I replace it with? I was thinking yogurt or just limit myself to one spoonful of peanut butter.. or go to an organic grocery store & get the healthier peanut butter. Idk. HELP?!

Also, yall can add me if ya want :)

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Welcome. In hawaii we call appetizers pupus. I hope being here is helpful. Good on you for finding a doctor - make sure you work with a doctor/psychologist with exeprience treating eating disorders.
  • CADAVER0USB0N3S
    CADAVER0USB0N3S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation. Today I am starting a binge free challenge for november :)
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I always eat 1200-1400 per late night hours now, I log it as my breakfast. I eat at 12-1am coz I wake up at that time and crave for food. But I am doing OMAD right now. I have been doing it for almost a month already with some day exceptions, when we're eating out in mid day. I don't suggest it to anyone because it works for some but not for some. It works for me though. It is kind of a binge in a way, but not really a binge since the calories are still controlled and it is the only meal I eat for the day. I have not been binge eating for almost 2 months now and I am doing the november challenge too just so it will be more manageable and hopefully, my success will be extended.

The doctor will be helpful more than us so I hope you'll really work it out with him.