Are deserts okay?

Options
Guess what? I'm making a pumpkin bunt cake for my family today. I get to see my aunt, and we're all having dinner at her house. Pumpkin bunt cake may not be the choice thing to eat while trying to lose some weight, but do you know what? Desert is okay! Moderation is a good thing. I just want to you remind you all that too much restriction in a diet is not healthy. It is not good for your mental health. Just remember that counting calories is only to be done to a certain extent, if you don't do it every day, don't beat yourself up! I believe I can fit that cake into today's macros, so I'm not too worried (I've made it my goal to track my food 4 to 5 days per week). Plus, pumpkin has lots of vitamin A! That's some good stuff. Deserts are plenty healthy. If I swear of cookies and all sweets forever, I'm going to go insane! How boring is that? I can't have a cookie at a party? Just remember the 80/20 rule everybody! As long as you're eating what you're supposed to 80% of the time, then the other 20% doesn't matter so much. Don't be scared of deserts guys, they're a part of life.

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I think deserts (with the sand and cacti) are healthy and natural and stuff, though I probably wouldn't want to eat one. :wink:

Desserts, on the other hand, are yummy. I agree, dessert is okay! I spent the afternoon at the art museum, and then went out for tea and cake. And I ate the cake. And guess what, it fit into my daily plan with room to spare.

When I first started doing this, 1300 calories seemed like such a small amount of food, and I was using up my calories early and seldom had room for dessert or even a decent sized dinner. But it only took me a couple of weeks before I got better at it and started making smarter choices on how to spend those calories, and now I have room for dessert basically every night and I'm still losing. 1300 calories is starting to feel like a lot more food than it used to.
  • tunderthunder
    tunderthunder Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, that was a horrible typo from me, haha.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to make fun. I just got an image in my head of people eating one of those fake plastic palm tree thingys... don't ask. It was funny in my mind, anyway.

• tunderthunder
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to make fun. I just got an image in my head of people eating one of those fake plastic palm tree thingys... don't ask. It was funny in my mind, anyway.

Don't even be sorry! I'm really picky like that when it comes to grammar and spelling, and the fact hat I even did that just bothers me, haha.
  • Jump4Fun_Sea
    Jump4Fun_Sea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - glad to join this group. I am a BIG dessert fan. One thing that I am trying is dessert from Against All Grain. It is paleo so it is higher fiber/lower sugar. Recently I tried the pumpkin donuts from that blog/book and I say thumbs up!
  • tunderthunder
    Options
    Hi Everyone - glad to join this group. I am a BIG dessert fan. One thing that I am trying is dessert from Against All Grain. It is paleo so it is higher fiber/lower sugar. Recently I tried the pumpkin donuts from that blog/book and I say thumbs up!

That sounds good!