Unquenchable thirst and Protein powder

Options
I had my VSG one week ago. I feel good. I'm still on the liquid Norco as needed. I'm incredibly thirsty. I can get the fluid down but I'm parched ALL. THE. TIME! The hardest part for me is waiting one half hour after I eat to have additional water...I get cotton mouth....oh the changes!

My question to those with experience is about Protein Powder. What do you use? I do NOT like the flavored protein powders. I am interested in finding a non smelly (smells are more pronounced for me now) UNFLAVORED protein powder that experienced patients actually like and still use. Please share what works for you and why.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!
Vanessa

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I use Unjury unflavored and add that to 16 oz. water and use two Crystal Light packets. Or you can use any calorie-free flavors --- it is not recommended that you just use the protein in plain water --- but it does take on whatever flavor you add to it. I started really being nauseaus with sweet flavors so I used the lemonade which worked for me.
  • ridemorewaves
    ridemorewaves Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just found Unjury online. Is that where you buy it or is there a brick and mortar store that carries it?
  • ridemorewaves
    ridemorewaves Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to add it to soups and cereal? Have you used it like that
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I want to add it to soups and cereal? Have you used it like that

I used the Unjury unflavored stuff in soups and broths with no issues. The only concern is that it clumps up if you add it to anything too hot, so I ate a lot of warm broth, but other than this, it is great!

I am 5 weeks out tomorrow. Congrats on your first week! Things change pretty rapidly at that stage.

Rob

63741332.png

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I order it online at unjury.com. They have a sample pack you can try too with all their different flavors.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I second Rob's comment. All protein powders will clump and curdle if you add them to hot liquids. So, your soup can't be all that hot.