Day 1 - The Fundamentals

Options
Align - The Fundamentals

This is the most important class of PiYo! Learning the moves and Chalene's cues so you know how to modify and what it is she's talking about.

I personally watched through the DVD once then followed through and did the exercises with her on screen so I wasn't straining my neck to try and see what it was they were doing.

Let me know how you liked Day 1!

Replies

• Jrichards1712
    Jrichards1712 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just saw my gym has this now and was going to try it out. Im a big girl so I might have to modify but Im determined to lose weight and get more mobility in my joints and muscles. are you an instructor? Im going to do my freist try at it tmw night.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I just saw my gym has this now and was going to try it out. Im a big girl so I might have to modify but Im determined to lose weight and get more mobility in my joints and muscles. are you an instructor? Im going to do my freist try at it tmw night.

Hi there! No, I'm not an instructor, just a fan of the program. I follow Chalene Johnson's Beachbody PiYo program so I workout in my living room. She always has a modifier on screen though so you can see how to take it easy if you're just not at the level yet. I would say definitely give it a go a couple times and see if it's something you're into!
  • Rosomom
    Rosomom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine and am excited to start! I have a condition where my heart rate is really sensitive to activity- (without medication I would spike to 200 bpm)- so I have to be careful how intense I get with my exercise. Sounds like this one is do-able. Looking forward to getting some strength and movement back!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Rosomom wrote: »
    I just ordered mine and am excited to start! I have a condition where my heart rate is really sensitive to activity- (without medication I would spike to 200 bpm)- so I have to be careful how intense I get with my exercise. Sounds like this one is do-able. Looking forward to getting some strength and movement back!

While I definitely am not a doctor, I do agree that you should be able to do this with no problem. I did two dvd's last night with no issues. Just can't believe how many pushups I did combined!