BMI and Body Image - amazing tool

Options
katematt313
katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
I just found this fantastic tool called the BMI visualizer, at http://bmijs.is.tuebingen.mpg.de/en/body_masses/get_data

You put in your height and any weight (past weight, current weight, aspirational weight) and it produces an image for you to see what you body did/does/will approximately look like.

Very cool. Here is my past/present/aspirational BMI in images, in ten pound increments:

Replies

• katematt313
    Options
    Why can't I post the image?! Ugh. New MFP, you confound me!! It is one of my profile pics, if you want to find it!
  • mlomago19
    mlomago19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is a really cool tool. However, it is a little disheartening that the program cannot even accept my highest weight... It has a max of 330 for my age/gender/height etc. It's one more reminder of how out of control I was.
  • katematt313
    Options
    Oh no! Don't be disheartened! Stupid BMI visualizer!
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    It is an interesting concept. I definitely carry my weight different than the model, so really tough for me to visualize where I will be with that tool.
  • tompkinsw
    tompkinsw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This site is nice, too. You can change lots of variables.
    http://www.modelmydiet.com/
  • katematt313
    Options
    madmags wrote: »
    It is an interesting concept. I definitely carry my weight different than the model, so really tough for me to visualize where I will be with that tool.

I carry my weight differently than the model, too, but I still thought it was helpful to visualize the changes that have been made so far and to see where I'm going. I'm anxious to get rid of some of that extra belly and hips that I have lying around.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Kate, I was wondering how/where youd done that!
    Thanks!!
    This is so neat, what a concept!
  • kenziesmom_2000
    kenziesmom_2000 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    that is sooooo cool! i could visualize where i was, where i am, and where i will be! thanks for sharing that!
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    I tried...Im only 4'2 in height so it wouldn't let me :confused:
  • katematt313
    Options
    You're not the only one who has had an issue. If you are at the end of weight or height ranges, the tool won't work!
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Darn!
    This looked so neat :smile: