Back to paleo

Options
joybedford
joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
Hi some of you will remember me some of you are new since the last time I was here so I will give a brief introduction. I am Joy 43 live in the Uk , married 3 children with autism/ADHD. I have fibromyalgia. Gastritis, IBS and diagnosed today with temporomandibular disorder. I am a keen runner, lifter , dancer in fact most types of exercise.
I was paleo for a while but fell out with it, tried to get back to it and failed miserably. My husband doesn't support the paleo lifestyle at all. After a long break my fibro was terrible, I had zero energy and had regained all the weight I lost on MFP, not good. On the 1st November I started my 3rd whole 30 and it's going great. However On Monday I woke with pain in my jaw, temples and ears it has got progressively worse over the past few days, my jaw has been cracking when I eat for a few weeks now. Yesterday and today the pain is excruciating and I visited the docs and got a diagnosis and a box of pain killers. I need to have a soft diet till it's better and rest my jaw as much as possible. So I am fully committed to this lifestyle,can't live my life like this anymore, but need ideas for soft whole 30 compliant foods, I think soup will get boring very quickly. I particularly need protein rich foods I can't chew meat at the moment, it's even painful to eat soup. So far today I have had a bowl of soup and a banana no where near enough calories, I am not hungry though either. Glad to be back amongst all you lovely helpful people.

Replies

• lujo321
    lujo321 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I hope your jaw feels better soon. Eggs may be the best option for soft protein. What about ground meat? I would suggest cottage cheese except for the Whole30. Hopefully some others will have more ideas.
  • sarabeth624
    sarabeth624 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles pan-sauteed till soft would be good with any sort of sauce. (Curry or tomato or cheese/faux cheese.) Sauteed eggplant sans skin or cauliflower would also be good as a base for flavor.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Welcome back on the wagon, Joy! Hang in there, you'll get some relief soon!!