Best C25K running app?

Options
i have been looking at all of the different C25K apps and don't know which one is the best to use? any thoughts, ideas, tips? thanks in advance :)

Replies

• XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    I have Zenlabs C25k. Its free and it does what it's supposed to do. plus it vibrates my phone so i can feel when to start and stop.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Personally I used the NHS C25K podcasts alongside Runkeeper to track performance.

There was coaching on there about form which was helpful.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I used the rundouble app. At some point, I think I was able to buy all the plans up to a half marathon for $3.99. Endomondo tracks your runs and let's you program intervals, so that might be one stop shopping. I've been getting a lot out of the strava app, but it does not let you program intervals.
  • geordielass77
    geordielass77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use Run Double. You can do a timed programme of C25k or a distance one. I found with the timed one I'm no where near 5k when I complete a 30 min run so the distance one was better for me. I got mine for £1.99 as it was buy one get one free would otherwise have been £2.99. Several programmes you can follow so once you're done with C25k you can progress to a 10k or improve your 5k time, do a half and full marathon. As well 'fun runs' and open runs. Also links to your music player and has various interval announcements which are optional.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    I used a free HIIT app and put in the running intervals, and then use endomodo (or something similar) to track speed. I just really didn't feel like spending money, and since the times are online I figured why not?
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I used the 5k101 podcast along with MapMyRun. I liked his coaching and the rate of increases for the runs. Just going now to download the 10k training!
  • BRich_15
    BRich_15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use both NHS podcast and Robert Ullrey from C25k.com on my small MP3. I don't like to carry my phone. I run/walk/shuffle a large loop which is never any more than half a mile from my home. Once the weeks progress I will change to my own music with the upbeat for running and slow tempo for the walk cooldown parts.

MrsR2B
    Bride in Training