UH OH

5f7eda790d07ae2d4df9f51565872b2f_650x.jpg
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    STOP SKIPPING LEG DAY, WOLVERINE

bc2140d858d2a3c4dc7c19eff64831c5_650x.jpg

I'm only posting because there's proof Hugh Jackman deadlifts: http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/hugh-jackman-deadlifting-400-pounds

Otherwise, I despise this thread and the "jokes" you're making.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

Whaaat??
    You should probably be mad at the rest of the internet. All I googled was "skipping leg day" to find all of these.

P.S. Lighten up
    P.P.S. I stand corrected about Wolverine, he is badass

• LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The pictures made me laugh at loud at work. To be fair though, I think some guys have a hard time putting muscle on the legs.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @ Threnjen -- some of these literally made me gasp! I mean, wow -- it's amazing these guys don't snap in half.

@ 603reader -- I love Hugh Jackman as much as the next girl -- and his DL is awesome! -- but I have to agree with Threnjen. We're just having a little fun here.

And just because he deadlifts doesn't mean he couldn't use a bit more muscle on the lower half of his body, just to even things out, you know?

hugh_jackman_wolverine_deadlifting_workout_toe_shoes_fivefingers_leangains-1.jpg
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    And one more, just because I love Mr. T. :)

tumblr_nd7xucVDU61rshdjvo1_500.jpg
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

huh. okay then . . . other than that i'm not all that clear on who hugh jackman is. personally, i'm gonna stand by my enjoyment of gerbil-man, since i'm the one who was there and was personally boggled by him and his biceps. and inconvenienced by his bad manners towards people like me who had ordinary biceps and just wanted to do our own workouts that day. a person who makes himself into a freak on purpose and is too absorbed in their own freakishness to show basic consideration to anyone else in a public space . . . well, they're pretty fair game to me.

in general: though i'm not going to try and second-guess what it is that offends you so much, i've really liked this thread because i know exactly what it's like to want to skip leg day . . . just in my case it's not 'legs' but those damned pendlay rows. i think we all know that feeling, and to me it's been that feeling of recognition from one bunch of lifters towards any other person who lifts, that's made this thread so much fun.

i like telling people stories, so the next notably ill-mannered/outlandish person who shows up in my gym . . . i'll be taking notes in my head, believe me.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    r5q68w8jxx5v.jpg

I'M SORRY I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i like telling people stories, so the next notably ill-mannered/outlandish person who shows up in my gym . . . i'll be taking notes in my head, believe me.

And then you'll come here and share, right? RIGHT!?
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    crabada wrote: »
    And then you'll come here and share, right? RIGHT!?

i was hoping this could turn into the whole community's strange-people thread. like logge1's offensive little personal trainer who keeps trying to cut her down so he can sell her his 'product'.

actually, there's a lot of good stories too. one of the nicest things about lifting for me is how much i'm getting to like being in the gym. considering how i used to just take a quick scared look through the doorway as i walked past.
  • LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

one of the nicest things about lifting for me is how much i'm getting to like being in the gym. considering how i used to just take a quick scared look through the doorway as i walked past.

This! I was so intimated by the free weights area that it took me a few weeks of staring and being scared before I finally got the nerve to go do it. Now I love being there! And I'm not too embarrassed to get my 2.5 plates off of the rack that some dude that's squatting 300 lbs is using. :smiley:

And speaking of funny people at the gym.... there was this older couple today and the lady was doing crunches while her man fanned her with a towel. Haha. Now if only I can convince my husband to do this...
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    nancy274 wrote: »
    the lady was doing crunches while her man fanned her with a towel.

awww, that's lovely.

when i was leaving yesterday, i saw a woman about my age, maybe a little younger, with someone who sure looked like he was her late-teenage son. she was setting him up right to do lat pulldowns, i think. and there wassomething so totally 'mom' about the way she stood there and let him take his own best grip on his own . . . and then she took hold of one of his wrists as i went past and moved it like half an inch the right.

totally mom. i thought it was great.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well, in the spirit of this turning into a thread for all of our stories, I'll share one --

So, there was this guy in the gym... who was using the double cable machine for arm work. He was doing his thing with maybe 40 lbs. -- *maybe* -- on each stack, and after every set, he would just let go of the handles and the weights would **SLAM!!!** down. After about seven sets, I was about to have a stroke -- I tend to have a low tolerance for idiots -- so I finally stopped what I was doing, walked over, and told him he was being ridiculously loud and could he please stop dropping his freaking weights?!!? (No, I did not swear at him, as much as I would have liked to.) Of course, I had to repeat myself after he took his headphones out... :p But even if he had his music *blasting*, there's no way he wouldn't be able to hear the racket he was creating. Thankfully, he actually did cut that *kitten* out and finished his sets like a normal person.

If people had to pay to repair that equipment when they break it, I can pretty much promise you that we'd all be able to hear a pin drop in the weight room.

I mean, seriously, people.

So, there's my story. And a little glimpse into the perhaps less kind and supportive side of my personality. (You've been warned! :) )

C.
  • canadianlbs
    edited November 2014
    Options
    And a little glimpse into the perhaps less kind and supportive side of my personality. (You've been warned! :) )

well, i like that. funny thing, back when i was an active mom i could tell anyone to do or not to do anything, but the habit kind of wore off.

i swear i'm going to find a screenprinting shop some day and get a shirt made up that says 'YOUR MOTHER DOESN'T LIFT HERE' on the front and 'PUT YOUR WEIGHTS BACK' on the back. it's starting to drive me right out of my mind.

• SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options

i swear i'm going to find a screenprinting shop some day and get a shirt made up that says 'YOUR MOTHER DOESN'T LIFT HERE' on the front and 'PUT YOUR WEIGHTS BACK' on the back. it's starting to drive me right out of my mind.

I'm hoping that my kids will start lifting at some point and they'll be wearing t-shirts saying something like: "MY MOTHER DOES LIFT HERE -- RACK YOUR OWN D@MN WEIGHTS"
  • meglo91
    meglo91 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    And a little glimpse into the perhaps less kind and supportive side of my personality. (You've been warned! :) )

I will buy this shirt. I will. I will buy it.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    i-love-you-this-much-thats-not-very-much-t-shirt.jpg

For you, Canadian.

+ More stories, please!

:)