Support for Week 3!

Options
HokeyPokey2
HokeyPokey2 Posts: 91 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
Give each other support for week 3 here!

What's everyone doing for exercise this week? The first step to losing weight is to establish a daily goal! Let's get moving!

Good luck!!! Only 3 more weeks to go!!!

Replies

• HokeyPokey2
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I guess I should answer my own question. Ha, ha. :smiley: My exercise will be, of course, my Insanity program. Month 2 starts this morning! My goals for this next week are to be more strict with my diet and to drink more water (something that's been hard to make myself do).

Remember, if you are dehydrated, your body can mistake thirst for hunger. So, get on that water, people! For healthy people, if your pee is pale yellow, you are drinking enough.

Try this! If you are hungry, drink 16 fl oz of water. Wait 20 minutes. If you are still hungry, you probably need to eat. Have a small, healthy snack. Eat slowly because it takes the receptors in your stomach up to 20 minutes to communicate to your brain that it's full. Try small, frequent snacks instead of large meals. Sometimes I eat 6 to 8 times a day! It keeps your blood sugar at more of an even line instead of a peak and crash/severe hunger later. In the past, my coworkers have made fun of me for always eating. Joke's on them! :wink:

For my stubborn never ending hunger, I like to eat tuna with relish or mustard (sometimes I cheat and put half a tablespoon of mayo in). High protein will help you feel more satiated for longer and help you power through your workouts! I say, raw veggies without dip are free calories. They are good fillers for when you are hungry and they don't have a lot of calories. You can't go wrong with them! Fruit is good, too, but only in moderation since they are loaded with sugar (albeit, the good, natural kind). I don't want sugar spikes here!

Oh, and only eat when you are hungry. Ask yourself if you are truely needing food for energy or if you are mindlessly eating or bored. Unfortunately, it's natural in the weight loss process that you are going to feel a little hungry sometimes but you shouldn't feel deprived or weak.

Power on, ladies!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options

Remember, if you are dehydrated, your body can mistake thirst for hunger. So, get on that water, people! For healthy people, if your pee is pale yellow, you are drinking enough.

I have an outside job in Texas, for the longest time I was baffled why I couldn't get full. I was always craving sweets. When I started drinking enough I started losing again and the cravings went away.

• HokeyPokey2
    Options
    It's amazing how that works!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know that the only time I feel empty and hungry anymore is on days I don't drink enough water.
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    great suggestions! I gotta think b4 I eat!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having an Awesome week!!!
  • HokeyPokey2
    Options
    Tomorrow is weigh-in, people! Hope everyone is behaving! :wink: