Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

help, I've stalled

2»

Replies

• mherbert0
    mherbert0 Posts: 18 Member
    UPDATE:

After completing day 5 of my egg fast, I bounced back up 1/2 lb. So my final weights looked like this:

Started egg fast on Friday 11/7 with a starting weight of: 261.4 lb
    end day1: 260.0 lbs (1,790 kcals -- 84%f / 0%c / 16%p)
    end day2: 258.1 lbs (1,915 kcals -- 83%f / 1%c / 16%p)
    end day3: 258.8 lbs (2,266 kcals -- 81%f / 3%c / 16%p)
    end day4: 257.3 lbs (1,553 kcals -- 84%f / 0%c / 16%p)
    end day5: 257.8 lbs (1,915 kcals -- 85%f / 0%c / 15%p)

NOTE: the carbs came exclusively from cream cheese

Total lost: 3.6 lbs

After the 5 days of egg fast (incidentally I agree with deansdad, it bothers me that it is called a "fast", when a fast really means not eating anything, but I digress), so, like I was saying, after 5 days of egg fast I was supposed to do 2 days of "weaning" where 1-2 of my meals are still egg-fast, but the other meals are my "normal" keto diet. Unfortunately I made a mistake, and left my breakfast and lunch on the counter before heading out into the back country for the day. So my first day of weaning ended up being a 24 hour fast. Then I threw caution into the wind on my second weaning day, and just ate what a I wanted (all keto of course)

end day 6: 257.1 lbs (1,111 kcals -- 67%f / 9%c / 24%p)
    end day 7: 258.9 lbs (1,800 kcals -- 71%f / 3%c / 26%p)

So I regained 1.1 lbs 2 days after the egg fast had finished. Making my "actual" weight loss 2.5 lbs for the egg fast.

So for me at least, the egg fast seemed to help in breaking the plateau/stall. Incidentally, today (day 8), my weight dropped to 256.6 (on 2,091 kcals) brining total weight lost since starting to 4.8 lbs. I must admit, it is very nice to see the scale moving again after a month of bouncing up and down +/- 2 lbs.

If I remember, I will try to do one last update in a week or two, to report if the stall is actually broken long term.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    Congrats. Here's to the new downward trend sticking! :smile:
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Glad you broke your stall! Thanks for sharing all this great info. I may try this if I stall again.
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    I am a moderator on Jimmy Moore's LivinLaVidaLoCarb site and I remember doing the "egg fest" along with him several years ago. I'm almost 60 years old and have lost 50 pounds this year. Then my weight loss stalled for approximately 5 weeks.

After reading this discussion I decided to try the EF again. Last week I broke my stall and lost 6 lbs. I ate LC over the weekend and gained 1.9. Pretty good net loss. Yesterday I started another EF and already have taken off those pounds I regained.

Doing this EF has made my realize that my body responds better to 79% fat, 20% protein and 1% carbohydrates.