Resiliency

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
Resiliency. This word keeps popping into my head during this transition. My husband asked which symptom bothered me the most, and I said it wasn't so much the individual symptoms, but rather that I just feel less resilient than normal. Perhaps it's the lack of sleep. Perhaps it's the random hormonal changes themselves. But yes. Smaller things set my teeth on edge. Slights hurt more than they should. I just feel less resilient. And with that in mind, I move forward! cheers!

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    For me, what I hate most is the fact that so many physical and emotional aspects of daily life are now no longer within my control, or situation-dependent... they are controlled by wayward fluctuating chemicals streaming around my body.

Slights hurt more than they should. Lol. I can take gentle teasing and twist it into a grievous insult of epic proportions. :D When I'm "not in my right mind" that is. I hate not having my normal emotional responses. It's like aliens took over the body.

Not being able to sleep, even though I am completely exhausted and yawning my head off. Grrrr.

But.... moving forward also! It nice to be able to talk to others who "get it".
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Ah very fitting post for me this morning as I just had a "in tears" conversation with my husband on my way to work. He just doesn't get it and has absolutely no compassion or understanding. I had to go off the pill because my blood pressure jumped high and now I'm worried about that, having night sweats and anxiety attacks again. I know I am the one who has to get this under control but it would be so nice to have some support through it :(.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I have to keep reminding my significant other... he takes it personally sometimes if I am not acting 100% myself. I have to remind him that it isn't him, I'm just not feeling right. There are days where I just have one or two symptoms and I can cope. It's not fun, but it is doable. On days where the symptoms are multiple and I can barely get through the day, sometimes I don't dare even speak.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My problem is I am feeling needy. This is the first I've ever been bothered about getting older and some days I need more compassion and loving from him and he actually tells me I'm being needy. I know its not his problem but again, I just thought a partner would be more supportive during a tough time. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with it myself.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I do remember feeling that way a couple of years ago when all the symptoms were more new to me. I didn't understand all of the symptoms yet and all of that anxiety was turned into the relationship. I had a few major meltdowns.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Just saw this post and wanted to say thanks... nice to know a) I'm not losing my mind after all (or I am, and I'm okay with that!) but reading thru the post and replies it was all "omg that's me!" that' s exactly how I feel some days... or some hours!! Thanks for sharing! :D
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Snooozie wrote: »
    Just saw this post and wanted to say thanks... nice to know a) I'm not losing my mind after all (or I am, and I'm okay with that!) but reading thru the post and replies it was all "omg that's me!" that' s exactly how I feel some days... or some hours!! Thanks for sharing! :D
    That was me on thanksgiving. For sure.