Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• rollinat
    rollinat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to run a 5k today, which was timed to coincide with the end of C25K. But I had unplanned surgery 2 weeks ago, so I'm not back to running yet. I think I will have to start the program all over again once I have recovered fully. I hope I can get back into it when that time comes. I'll continue reading this thread to get inspiration from you all!
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done. It felt awesome and the new inserts made a world of difference in the way I felt at the end. I couldn't believe the difference they made. I cannot wait for my next run session. :smile:
  • yourfriendchristine
    Options
    W7D3 done! Excited to start my last week on C25K!
  • BRich_15
    BRich_15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done. It felt awesome and the new inserts made a world of difference in the way I felt at the end. I couldn't believe the difference they made. I cannot wait for my next run session. :smile:

Glad you got it sorted.

I completed week 2 day 1 tonight. Love running/walking in the dark.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Made it through W1D2 and it felt good. However, that was Friday night, and haven't been able to get any time since spin class Saturday morning to get D3 in. It's very encouraging seeing everyone's progress. Some very awesome accomplishments.
  • snbouchard81
    Options
    Thanks MizT. I cannot believe the difference they made. I don't think I will ever have a pair of running shoes without them. :smile:

My daughter has strep so I couldn't take her to the gym child care today. I did some body weight training at home but hopefully I can run again tomorrow after her 24 hours on antibiotics. :smile:
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    W4D1 Done last night in the misty rain. I was pretty stressed about the 5 mins, but I had some great tunes going, and didn't really notice....the first one...lol The second one was more work, but work is good! I was beaming during my cool down, dancing down the path.
  • ggoss10
    ggoss10 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started the program last night and I made it through! I was pretty proud of myself (still am). I wasn't jogging extremely fast, but my heartrate was up and I was getting a good workout.
    Need some better shoes....
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    You guys are rocking this! It's so good to see new people trying this out. Don't forget to slow down if you need to! You should be able to hold a conversation while you are running.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Great Job everyone. Keep it up. I started C25k on August 5th of this year and just ran 6.5 miles today. Just keep working the system by going slow and not overdoing it and you will be amazed at the quick progress you can make.
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    tried w4d1 today. I didn't finish my last 5 minute interval which bummed me out :( I was honestly amazed at my ability to finish the first one though!
    I'll do better next time.
  • yourfriendchristine
    Options
    W8D1 done! 2 more until graduation :) I actually ran longer then I was supposed to because I was feeling good. Looking back to the first week I would have never thought I would have made it this far. Dont get me wrong I am a very slow runner but a runner none the less :)
  • StrawberryJam40
    Options
    cdwyer74 wrote: »
    W8D1 done! 2 more until graduation :) I actually ran longer then I was supposed to because I was feeling good. Looking back to the first week I would have never thought I would have made it this far. Dont get me wrong I am a very slow runner but a runner none the less :)

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear about your graduation!

• snbouchard81
    Options
    I was home with my daughter today because she wasn't cleared by her doctor to go to school until tomorrow (I hate strep!). About 4pm I went for a run because I had someone else who could watch my daughter--W3D3. Best run ever. Nothing like the frustration of being stir crazy to make a run better. :smile:
  • StrawberryJam40
    Options
    W1D3 done. Woohoo. Ready to start week 2 on Friday!
  • tacobelle2014
    Options
    I started W1D1 on Monday...thought I was gonna pass out at the end ( I am VERY unfit)...managed to drag myself for 2.34km (of that 0.81km was running).
    My running pace was 9.44 minutes to run 1 km so have lots of improving to do lol.

Did W1D2 on Tuesday and managed to drag myself 2.74km (YAY) of which 1.03km was running. My running ace was 7.44 minutes to run 1 km.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about your pace, focus on finishing the time. Speed will come with time.
  • anneaileen
    Options
    Completed week 2 day 1 yesterday and did fine, although I am running very slowly. Week 3 scares me though! I don't know if I'll be able to run for 3 minutes, even at a very slow pace.
  • StrawberryJam40
    Options
    anneaileen wrote: »
    Completed week 2 day 1 yesterday and did fine, although I am running very slowly. Week 3 scares me though! I don't know if I'll be able to run for 3 minutes, even at a very slow pace.

Great job. I will start week 2 on Friday. It feels good doesn't it?

I just try not to be scared because I have resolved that I'll do it until I get it no matter how many weeks it takes!

I'm going slow...walk 3.3-3.5 and my run is 4.7-5 (whimp and doing mine on treadmill). Depends on how I feel during it. I just keep it in my head that almost every post says go slow speed will come later!

You can do it!

• bambis
    bambis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did my 20min run first time last week, and now I have done it 5 times. But it is SO HARD! Each time I almost quit and think that I can't make it. I hope it gets easier soon. Want to run for longer, but don't think I can manage... How long does my body need to adapt?