How much weight have you lost on keto and how long did it take?

Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Just starting out so any success stories would be very motivational for me! :)

Replies

• bnybanker
    bnybanker Posts: 33 Member
    about 4 months-lost about 31 pounds!
  • bnybanker
    bnybanker Posts: 33 Member
    The biggest challenge is to add back a lot of fat to the diet- we are brainwashed into believing that fat is not good. MyFitnessPal will give you the advantage of tracking the macronutients and you will discover that it is easy to cut the carbs way down, but hard to build up the fat number. The other mistake is to eat too much protien- any excess protien not needed by the body for repair and growth, ends up being converted to sugar by the liver, and then to body fat if not burned. The key- very high fat (even satuarted fat is OK), MODERATE Protein, and very low carb. Good luck!~
  • peabean26
    peabean26 Posts: 78 Member
    About 6lbs in 2 months. I'm not super far from goal, and I have PCOS, so it takes a lot of work for me to lose.
  • LoraKay131
    LoraKay131 Posts: 58 Member
    im at 9 days in. ive lost 6 lbs. this is not a trend that can continue, however..the super fast loss in the beginning slows, as very low carbing tends to curb hunger, making it easier for me to eat less calories overall. im still waiting for this to occur. i know it will, it has worked before. :) i had the dreaded 'carb creep' last go 'round, which is why im back. :)
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    I started June 9th - I'm down 33 lbs.
  • volfan22
    Best part is - I'm shrinking: zxjibolrxuqv.jpg
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Started June 1st, lost 63lbs so far.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    volfan22 wrote: »
    Best part is - I'm shrinking: zxjibolrxuqv.jpg

NICE! Awesome job!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    I started keto/lchf towards the end of September, so I am about 8 weeks in and down 12.4 lbs. Prior to that, I was doing low fat, calorie restriction and heavy exercises and in 6 months I lost 23.5. I find keto/lchf is much easier for me, almost effortless as long as I watch my carbs.

volfan22, your change is striking!! I really wish I had taken before pics, as we've lost about the same amount, but I don't see the change being as significant as yours. Great work!!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Hi Lisa, you'll love it and your body too!

Two months, 20lbs. Not terribly happy about it because I have a lot to lose and we read success stories of so much more. But I have diabetes so losing anything at all is a victory. And I'm feeling much better and my lab results have improved dramatically. It may take some more time than I was expecting but it works. :)
  • volfan22
    KetoGirl83 wrote: »
    Hi Lisa, you'll love it and your body too!

Two months, 20lbs. Not terribly happy about it because I have a lot to lose and we read success stories of so much more. But I have diabetes so losing anything at all is a victory. And I'm feeling much better and my lab results have improved dramatically. It may take some more time than I was expecting but it works. :)

In this journey I have learned that measurements mean so much more than the scale. I have only lost 33 lbs in 6 months (and I have 30 more to lose) - BUT - I went from a size 16 to a 12 in pants. Don't get discouraged by the scale - you are changing whether you see it or not!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    I've lost 18.6lbs since starting keto on October 14th. I however, had already lost 80.7lbs preior to that, starting April 18th, 2014.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited November 2014
    Started Aug 29th (almost 12 weeks) ago, Lost approx.: 37 lbs. That included some water fasting. That also included a (4) week stall. So average about 3 lbs @ week.

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • jessrex
    jessrex Posts: 41 Member
    Been doing keto (pretty badly) since 9/22, and have lost 21 pounds. I've had exactly 9 horrible days since I started (cheese steaks with buns, gravy fries, mozzarella sticks, CAKE) that have set me back, but I try not to think about what could be if I hadn't. Just gotta KCKO!
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Started keto towards the end of March 2014, down 95 pounds.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    I started the beginning of August and have lost 14 pounds. That is lower weight loss than most. I have pcos and my body really doesn't want to lose any weight.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    60 pounds in 11 months, its slowed a LOT in the last few months after a fairly fast start. I haven't been quite as diligent about counting calories and weighing things though and have made other changes that are healthier for me but mess with my appetite a lot. Still have 40 to go, as long as I don't put any weight back on though I'm content to get there a little more slowly.
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    I have lost 40 pounds in 4 months.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    I'm down about 51 pounds. How long? Gosh, I don't really remember. I didn't really notice when I hit my goal weight. I've been approaching it slowly and without concern for a while. Things slowed down. But, I averaged over a pound a week for most of the time. So, probably about 9-10 months. I was in no rush, and I didn't stress about how quickly it happened.

I've been eating this way for over a year now. I am into my 14th month (I think). I plan on eating this way forever, so I stopped counting days or paying too much attention to things like losing the last few pounds quickly. They'll come off at their own rate.
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    edited November 2014
    i have lost 24 pounds in 3 months