Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread.

I've just done W2D3 this evening... manageable and not killing me, thankfully, though it is a challenge.

Still cannot see how I will achieve W5D3 when the time comes, but trying not to think of it!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    bambis wrote: »
    I did my 20min run first time last week, and now I have done it 5 times. But it is SO HARD! Each time I almost quit and think that I can't make it. I hope it gets easier soon. Want to run for longer, but don't think I can manage... How long does my body need to adapt?

slow down, you CAN do this!
  • yourfriendchristine
    Options
    bambis wrote: »
    I did my 20min run first time last week, and now I have done it 5 times. But it is SO HARD! Each time I almost quit and think that I can't make it. I hope it gets easier soon. Want to run for longer, but don't think I can manage... How long does my body need to adapt?

I agree slow down. You will be able to get faster after you get used to running. Its not about covering any distance at this point but just running for the amount of time for that day. Once you do this and have more runs completed you will get faster.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    W4D2 done! whoop whoop! I accidentally bumped the program off while in running mode....took a while to realize. I think they got some extra jogging out of me tonight...haha :stuck_out_tongue:
  • nill4me
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Great Job everyone. Keep it up. I started C25k on August 5th of this year and just ran 6.5 miles today. Just keep working the system by going slow and not overdoing it and you will be amazed at the quick progress you can make.

So what did you do when you got to the end?? Just keep doing the last part over, or did you move on to C210K or something similar?

• Lavenda93
    Lavenda93 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just completed W4D2 today, but it was pretty hard. I almost quit on the first run, but I was able to see it to the end. I hope it gets easier on D3!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    So what did you do when you got to the end?? Just keep doing the last part over, or did you move on to C210K or something similar?

Personally I spent a bit of time consolidating at 5K, using some NHS C25K+ podcasts. After a month or so of that I went onto the Zen Labs Bridge to 10K plan, but at that point found that the run/ walk approach wasn't working for me, so I went onto an Endomondo 10K performance improvement plan.

I subsequently went onto a half marathon plan and raced that a month ago, so about 18 months after I started running. I've got three HMs in March and April that I'm working towards and potentially a marathon towards the end of next year.

• nill4me
    Options
    Lavenda93 wrote: »
    Just completed W4D2 today, but it was pretty hard. I almost quit on the first run, but I was able to see it to the end. I hope it gets easier on D3!

I'm supposed to do D3 on Friday, but I am holding it until Saturday to give my bod a bit of extra rest first!
  • nill4me
    Options

Personally I spent a bit of time consolidating at 5K, using some NHS C25K+ podcasts. After a month or so of that I went onto the Zen Labs Bridge to 10K plan, but at that point found that the run/ walk approach wasn't working for me, so I went onto an Endomondo 10K performance improvement plan.

I subsequently went onto a half marathon plan and raced that a month ago, so about 18 months after I started running. I've got three HMs in March and April that I'm working towards and potentially a marathon towards the end of next year.

Oh my goodness....amazing. I'm still puffing my way through with my extra 100lbs, but all the amazing stories I read keep me keeping on!! Thanks!!
  • tacobelle2014
    Options
    W1D3....I really struggled today, every minute of running felt like an hour and by the time the App told me to walk I was inwardly screaming.
    I'm not sure if I am ready to move onto week 2, might just carry on with week 1 for a bit longer.
    I did 2.17km today, 1.03km was running.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Great Job everyone. Keep it up. I started C25k on August 5th of this year and just ran 6.5 miles today. Just keep working the system by going slow and not overdoing it and you will be amazed at the quick progress you can make.

I went right in to RunDouble 5 to 10k.

Before I started c25k in April of last year, I had NEVER run. Hated it. I now run 3 or 4 times a week. (I ride my bicycle in between run days.) I have completed several 5k's and a few 10k's. I will run my first half in April.
  • ggoss10
    ggoss10 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Completed W1D2 last night without stopping and managed to go a little faster! Today is my rest day and I might do a little yoga tonight to stretch out my muscles. W1D3 on tomrorow!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »

I went right in to RunDouble 5 to 10k.

Before I started c25k in April of last year, I had NEVER run. Hated it. I now run 3 or 4 times a week. (I ride my bicycle in between run days.) I have completed several 5k's and a few 10k's. I will run my first half in April.
    Didn't know you were going to do a half marathon. I'm going to do a 10k in March. Hoping the weather clears so I can start my 12 week training program in time.

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options

When I originally bought the run double app it had a bunch of other programs $3.99. So I just moved on to the 10k program. It's a six week program, and I'm almost done with that. When the weather turns nicer I'm planning on using the 10k event training program for a 10k race in March and one in April. Hopefully, I might be using the half marathon program after that.

There are a lot of free programs out there you can use to build distance on the internet. Most just use intervals of walking and running like c25k. I've been getting a lot out of the strava app also. It works well with tracking progress and has some challenges that can be fun. It's free. Mapmyfitness does the same thing as Strava.
  • tacobelle2014
    Options
    W2D1.......ouch.
  • yourfriendchristine
    Options
    W8D3 COMPLETE! I still cannot believe I did it and am running for 30 min straight. Now I am not running a 5K in 30 min but I will get there. It took me longer to finish this program because I did this totally backwards. Believe it or not I have never ran a 5K race but have done 3 1/2 marathons in the last year ( 2 of them were completed in the last 3 months). I did intervals in those 1/2 marathons but mostly walked them. My goal has always been to run them and I am getting closer to my goal. Because I did those 1/2 marathons in between doing the C25K program I had to repeat a couple of weeks due to recovery time but I am proud to say that I officially completed the program and excited to move on to Bridge to 10K next. I think I am going to continue to run the 30 min for the next 2 weeks then move on. Thanks everyone along the way for the wonderful support!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    cdwyer74 wrote: »
    W8D3 COMPLETE! I still cannot believe I did it and am running for 30 min straight. Now I am not running a 5K in 30 min but I will get there. It took me longer to finish this program because I did this totally backwards. Believe it or not I have never ran a 5K race but have done 3 1/2 marathons in the last year ( 2 of them were completed in the last 3 months). I did intervals in those 1/2 marathons but mostly walked them. My goal has always been to run them and I am getting closer to my goal. Because I did those 1/2 marathons in between doing the C25K program I had to repeat a couple of weeks due to recovery time but I am proud to say that I officially completed the program and excited to move on to Bridge to 10K next. I think I am going to continue to run the 30 min for the next 2 weeks then move on. Thanks everyone along the way for the wonderful support!
    Congrats!

There is a Bridge to 10k Group!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread.

I've just done W2D3 this evening... manageable and not killing me, thankfully, though it is a challenge.

Still cannot see how I will achieve W5D3 when the time comes, but trying not to think of it!

Congrats. I just finished W2D1. Ok...I am so not trying to think of that too! :p But, we can do this!!!

• StrawberryJam40
    Options
    cdwyer74 wrote: »

Congrats! Great job.

• StrawberryJam40
    Options
    W2D1.......ouch.

Good job sticking to it!