Thanksgiving Challenge

Options
jknight001
jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
This coming week the US will celebrate Thanksgiving (aka Eat Until Your Stomach Bursts Day). I thought I would be fun to throw out a challenge for this week. Since we 5:2ers are big on doing what works for us I will suggest that each person come up with their own challenge that fits their situation. And even if you are not celebrating Thanksgiving, you are welcome to join us if you like.

If you join the challenge, I would love to hear how it went after Thanksgiving.

I will start the ball rolling by saying I am challenging myself this coming week to do two fast days, three work outs and eat up to my TDEE for my NFDs before Thursday.

Replies

• loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My challenge is to fast on Mon. and Wed. next week before we go away on Thanksgiving to my sister's house for a few days.
  • zenner22
    zenner22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Loveswalking, that is my exact plan up to and including going to my sister's house for a few days ;). We can do it!
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I had not actually thought about it. I usually fast on Tuesday/Thursday so not sure what to do next week
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My goal for next week (I'm in the UK so no Thanksgiving...miss it though...Dinner with all the trimmings and Football american style ;), so next week will try and complete my exercise day/days and keep to my fasting days...oh and treat myself to a slice of pecan pie on Thursday...if I can find it :D !
  • jknight001
    Options
    Thank you so much all for joining me! It will be easier knowing others are also trying to achieve their Thanksgiving week goals.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I was going to join this, but I'm giving myself no expectations...I have last week's weight (52 lbs lost) and that is what I'm looking to be at 8 days after Thanksgiving, even if I have to do something extreme to get there (like 3 48 hour fasts with an 8 hour window between them). But, if I miss...then I miss...no pressure.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    No Thanksgiving here either, but none the less, I will be fasting Mo/We and maybe throw in another one on Fr. I'll know that, when I get there.
  • jknight001
    Options
    @orlcam: OK but do take care of yourself. Eventually the goal is to learn to eat in a way that can be sustained for the rest of our lives. 'Nuff said.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    @orlcam: OK but do take care of yourself. Eventually the goal is to learn to eat in a way that can be sustained for the rest of our lives. 'Nuff said.
    Just special occasions (there are only about 5 of these a year)...equate these events to (going into neanderthal mode again) your tribe finding that huge migrating buffalo heard and gorging for a few days. No permanent damage, just a celebration of all the hard work.

edit:
    Thanks for keeping an eye on me...little sis.

• jknight001
    edited November 2014
    Options
    orlcam wrote: »
    jknight001 wrote: »
    Just special occasions (there are only about 5 of these a year)...equate these events to (going into neanderthal mode again) your tribe finding that huge migrating buffalo heard and gorging for a few days. No permanent damage, just a celebration of all the hard work.

edit:
    Thanks for keeping an eye on me...little sis.

It's not so much the gorging on buffalo but the combination of that with the possible three 48 hour fasts that make me raise my eyebrows. Don't want to read about a tech guy found slumped over his computer 8 days after Thanksgiving. :sob:
  • jknight001
    Options
    Wasn't able to stick to my TDEE over the weekend (I let cookies get the best of me :blush: ) but I have completed my two fast days and two workouts so far this week. TDEE today and my last workout before Thanksgiving! Hope you all are doing well.