on Week 2 day 4 today. Anyone else? Would love a buddy for accountability

Options
Ladybug1250
Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
This is my third go around, I didn't finish the last two rounds. I'm hoping third times a charm. I was dragging it out the last two try's. I wasn't sticking to the schedule like it's laid out and taking too many rest days. I also wasn't following the diet.
this time is different - I don't allow excuses, I just get up and do it and I've been much better with my diet. I feel the change in the air and it feels great!!

Replies

• bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second go around. I finished the first time, but just barely. Never used any of the modified versions. This time I'm in a little better shape, but having trouble getting up at 5:15 am to get it done! I'll be starting Week 2 on Monday. Want to be 'ripped' by the holidays :D
  • tiazinha
    tiazinha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 1, I will add you both as friends if you don't mind! I don't mind it so far. I missed yesterday but I'd rather have my rest day during the week anyways.
  • bhox3
    Options
    Just checking to see how it's going. I was supposed to start week 5 today, but had to go in to work early. Will start tomorrow! Going much better the second time around.
  • tiazinha
    tiazinha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not too bad! Am enjoying it. I don't like the Cardio 1 workout though, I find it boring (but not easy). Switching it up with other cardio workouts I have. Halfway done week 2.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 4. Workouts 1 & 2 were so easy for me after doing her other DVDs so I was doing all the hard mods and feeling like a bad @$$. Until workout 3, which was brutal and made it very hard to climb the stairs to my bedroom. I thought I was going to have to sleep on the couch since I could barely climb the stairs. lol I'm hoping since tonight is my 2nd time with workout 3 it will be a bit easier. The workout you do with the resistance cable in workout 3 kills me. I think I need a different cable too. I got a cheap one from Wal-Mart and its kind of crappy. I don't mind Cardio 1 so much. I am starting to get bored with the same jokes. I do like that I know what is coming up next, which seems to make it go by faster for me.

Also, I don't know what her name is, she is the one that looks like Rachel McAdams, but she ticks me off because she is ALWAYS using the light weights when everyone around is using 8lbs. I'm like hey, I'm using the 8 lbs, you can too. Maybe its just workout rage. lol

Oh and the tree pose with the raises, when I'm on my left leg I have crazy awesome balance, but I can barely do it on my right leg. And I'm right handed so that doesn't make sense to me. You'd think it would be the other way around.
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I have just finished week 2...looking forward to weeks 3&4 I think...after reading JeriAnne84's post tho' I am a little worried!! I am trying hard to lose about 5kg's before Christmas. I am Aussie and it is summertime down here, so I am working out AM and PM so that I can get back into my swimmers. Not only do I want to lose weight but I want to change my shape too....especially my arms!!! Can I ask?, what do you all log it as here on MFP...I have been logging it in as Circuit Training General....please feel free to add me...would love to connect with others that are doing this...
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Don't worry! I did workout 3 again last night and it was easier! I love how when you do one of her workouts the first time you're like "this is how I die" but then the 2nd time and every time after that its a bit easier. You can really tell your body is getting in better shape! I'm already seeing a difference in my shoulders and stomach, and they say Phase 2 is where you see the most change happening so I'm pretty excited about that.

I just made a new workout in my profile called Body Revolution and change the calories when I need to. :)
  • bhox3
    Options
    I was supposed to start week 5 this past week, but work got in the way. I'm on vacation now until after Thanksgiving (woohoo!!) so I'm going to redo week 3/4. Yep, I was the same way after starting week 3/4 - couldn't walk for a couple days!! Feels good though. I too have the same issue with the tree pose and raises, left leg - no problem, right leg - not so much. It is weird!!

I log it as strength training in Runkeeper. I run for the cardio instead of the dvds so use Runkeeper to log everything.

What do you all use to measure heart rate/calories burned? I have a Polar 4 and have trouble getting it to work most days - very frustrating!!
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have just started week 3/4 and it's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Actually I found it quite fun... a little challenging, but I have to say I enjoyed it. The tree poses a tricky, like JeriAnne84 I can nail them on my left leg but my right I am just all over the place :). Still doing cardio 1 and getting a little bored with it. Can't wait to move onto cardio 2. I was measuring my heart rate with a similar (but cheaper) heart rate watch, but I could never get it to work, so I downloaded an app for my phone I struggle with it too so I really relate to your frustration bhox3.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Workout 4 is a lot easier for me than workout 3. Cardio 1 is becoming a breeze for me. The only thing that holds me back is my asthma. I'm taking my emergency inhaler way too much. I should probably go back to the doctor. ugh. 3 and 4 was a LOT easier the 2nd time around. I do workout 3 for the 3rd time tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing how much easier it is. I watched Cardio 2, and Workouts 5 and 6 this weekend to get an idea of whats to come. No wonder they say you see the most results in Phase 2. But I'm ready for it! I do think if I can't get through 3 and 4 without taking a break (I take small 2 second breaks for some of the exercises) I might do it another week. We will see how it goes.

I don't have a way to measure my heart rate or calories. I have a calorie app that has the Body Revolution workout in it and you put in your weight and how long you went and it figures it up for you. I'm sure it's not accurate but until I can get one (hopefully for Christmas) I just use this.
  • MuriTR
    MuriTR Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am starting week 3 tomorrow.
    I did the program at the beginning of the year and finished it in May. I lost about 7 kg and gained a lot of strength.
    Now, after not doing any workouts for a few months I am slowly starting to gain some weight again and dont feel as strong anymore so felt it was time to start again.
    I am not doing the cardio days this time around because I dont really have much weight to lose but mainly want to gain back the muscles.
    I always find it a great motivation to hear other peoples experiences so please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I finished Phase1 on Saturday and start Phase 2 tonight! Workouts 3 and 4 got soooooo much easier. Except the last day of workout 4 I was at my parent's house for Thanksgiving and thought they had 8lb weights, so I didn't pack mine. They had 5 and 10's. I didn't want to go backwards so I did it with the 10lb ones. Holy crap! BUT I could do it and didn't have too much trouble with it!

Those exercises with the cord kill me every time though, so does Hollow man. I figured out with the tree pose if I used 8lb weights it helped me balance better. I dunno why. My shoulders felt like they were going to rip out of my skin, but I wasn't falling over.

I only lost 1 lb during phase 1, which is a bummer, BUT I've lost 1/2 an inch around both arms, 1.5 inches around my bust, 2 inches around my rib cage, 2 inches around my stomach, 2.5 inches around my hips, and 1/4 of an inch around my right thigh and 1/2 an inch around my left thigh. Plus my mom said I looked really good and she hasn't seen me since before I started BR! Yay!

Phase 2 should be awesome AND terrifying! lol
  • bhox3
    Options
    Great job JeriAnne!! That's a lot of lost inches - nice :D . I kind of want to stay on workouts 3 and 4 because I started 5 today and my arms are sore! Good sore, but wow!! Going to keep going though - hopefully tomorrow is better!
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Thanks!!! I kind of wonder if maybe I shouldn't do workouts 3 and 4 another week too. I did workout 5 last night and it was rough. I really think I need a longer cord. I can't get good form on some of those workouts because I can't get it up high enough to where it needs to be.
  • Ladybug1250
    Options
    Workout 5 is INSANE!! hardest one for me yet. even workout 6 is easier although parts are challenging.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Workout 5 is BRUTAL, especially circut 3. Workout 6 was easier, but it was still rough in spots, like the reverse planks. I was doing that one and thinking "oh, so this is what Hell is like". But I was pretty amazed with myself because I kept it up the whole time, both times around. I do need to get a brace for my right wrist because a lot of these moves are killing my wrist.
  • Ladybug1250
    Options
    OMG YESSSS my thoughts exactly. I'm scared for workout 7 EEKKKKK
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    omg right?!! I haven't watched it yet, I'll wait till I'm on my last week of 5 & 6. I did workout 5 again last night. First time back after being sick. My tricepts are cussing me out today. lol

You know what scares the hell outta me? Phase 3. If Phase 2 is this hard, what kind of sick demented workouts are in 3?! I want to watch ahead, but I know it will end with me laughing then the laughing turns to crying....and then the crying turns to staring at the corner, holding my knees while rocking and saying unintelligable things. lol
  • Ladybug1250
    Options
    hahahahaha we can do this!! Say it with me! " WE CAN DO THIS!" I suggest not going too far ahead and watching because you really can psych yourself out. You may not be able to do anything in phase 3 now (although you probably could) but you work your way up to it. Work out 5 is crazy with all the arms, I swear she is insane during that circuit but you're doing it right? I love the soreness the next day. As painful and tight as it can be it feels so good cause you know you're changing your body. So I missed my workout yesterday but technically it was a rest day for me anyways. Will be starting workout 7 tonight and i'm excited!!
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! Yeah although I am curious to see what Phase 3 is like, I'm sticking with my rule of only watching ahead the week before I start doing the actual workout I'm watching. I know if I watch too far ahead I will give it all my nopes and quit, and this is the program I've seen the most results with, so I'm determined to stick with it!

Yeah I'm doing workout 5. I did it last night and this morning my tricepts were hurting! I'm surprised my quads weren't since 90% of that workout you are in friggen cresent pose. Those crab dips though, I had a hard time with them last night and ended up doing them with both feet down. It was mostly because of my wrist hurting after the push-ups/side planks then the mountain climbers and all of that. Let me know how 7 goes!!!