What's your fav quick LCHF go to food you never run out of ?

Options
Looking to stock up on a few "go to" foods-I tend to eat the same thing for a while then move on, can u help me make my list please !?

Replies

• esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Cheese, Pork Rinds, Peppers, Hummus, Cream Cheese, Lunch Meats, Pepperoni Slices, Black Olives, Pickles....
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    BACON.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I assumed hummus has a lot of carbs due to the chick peas. Guess I need to look into that.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    celery and humus, eggs, almonds, peanut butter, OHH my favorite is this Plain yogurt/1 tablespoon of cocoa, a pack of stevia, a tablespoon of coconut, a tablespoon of powdered peanut butter (and sometime chia and/or full on peanut butter) mix it up ... and man on man.. like pudding
  • MaroneLotz
    MaroneLotz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Eggs, butter, salami and lowcarb seedcrackers.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Deli meats, string cheese or single serve packets, slim jims, eggs, eggs, eggs, ricotta cheese, avocado, coconut oil and butter. Spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower. Chicken with skins (think thighs, wings and breasts, with skin), Beef, Fish. Heavy whipping cream, nuts, almond meal, peanut butter, ground flax seeds, chia seeds. It's hard to really shift from the low fat to high, so maybe following a plan would help? If you google "ketogenic meal plan" you will probably come up with some good ideas.

Good Luck!
  • esaucier17
    Options
    I assumed hummus has a lot of carbs due to the chick peas. Guess I need to look into that.

I thought so too because chic peas do have a lot of carbs....but the one I had today was 4 carbs for 2 tablespoons. Not bad with plain pork rinds :smile:
  • esaucier17
    Options
    MaroneLotz wrote: »
    Eggs, butter, salami and lowcarb seedcrackers.

What are the seedcrackers you buy?

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    cheese!!!!! string cheese, block cheese...cheese cheese...oh yeah and bacon. String cheese. eggs (cause we have chickens) I need to find a good place for pork rinds now that someone mentioned it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Can I just say: why can't fat bombs magically appear in the freezer? I love those little suckers for dessert.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am going to make some fat bombs tomorrow.. I also saw a fudge with peanut butter.. I have to swing the 10 bucks for swerve.. (thinking of how to explain paying 10 bucks for sugar)
  • xoxtarajeanxox
    Options
    sugar free jello!
  • Timon0201
    Timon0201 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    cheddar cheese sticks and mixed nuts!
  • jennie4many
    Options
    pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, spices galore to bring some pizzazz to every dish...
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot about pumpkin seeds!

Eggs, generally, or cheese sticks. Macadamia nuts or pecans, but less often.

Chia seeds, I keep a bunch of them in my desk drawer at work and will have a spoonful from time to time. Omega-3's baby!

Mostly cheese, tbh.

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Quarts of Heavy cream. I use at least 1.5 cups of heavy cream/day.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    • pate
    • brie cheese (slice it up and use it as a cracker with pate on top)
    • baby spinach (throw handfuls into just about anything - omelette, curry, casserole, stir fry, quiche, stroganoff etc)
    • microwaved salami/pepperoni (it goes crispy like a cracker)
    • boiled eggs (store them in the fridge door for a quick snack, put them with soup or salad)
    • zucchini egg slice (like a crustless quiche -good cold or warm)
    • good quality sausages without fillers
    • meatballs
    • sour cream - heavy cream upsets my stomach so sour cream is my go to substitute
    • coconut milk/cream for curries
    • cooked chicken legs or wings
    • avocado every day

What I do is cook 2 or 3 dishes when I'm in the mood to cook and we eat them until they run out then repeat the process.

You could also freeze some in meal sized containers for when you couldn't be bothered cooking.
  • middleagedmeh
    middleagedmeh Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    pretty much what the others said plus sardines in olive oil. not for everyone but cheap and quick. just remember to keep a toothbrush and soap handy.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    coconut oil
  • Mufflana
    Mufflana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter, coconut - fresh or dried but unsweetened, peanut butter fat bombs and double/heavy cream for my coffee.....thanks for starting this, there are some great ideas above that I will be using