What's the one keto recipe that made you think "I can do this"

Options
I saw this topic posted in the keto reddit community awhile back but it's since been buried. I thought I would revive the topic here as I'm curious to what awesome recipes you've all tried.

Replies

• ctuck239
    ctuck239 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    for me, it was the lazy keto chicken
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Just one word...

bacon!
  • cassandramathieson
    Options
    bacon egg cups! roll bacon into cupcake tins so they line the edge like a crust, and then pour a mixture of beaten whole eggs and cheese into the center until the cups are almost full. bake at 350 until done (like 15-20) and BAM little protein and fat bombs of delicious. seriously so easy.
  • WestieGoneNorth
    WestieGoneNorth Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing!
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Please forgive, I've got two.

Caveman Keto's almond buns - http://cavemanketo.com/faux-bread-quest-holy-grail-almond-buns/

I Breathe I'm Hungry cream cheese pancakes - http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Mayo! I love mayo. and bacon.....yummmmmm. But my biggest issue was that I missed pizza. I couldn't find a low carb/keto crust I liked but I finally made one I like (I mix eggs with unflavored protein power & almond flour and herbs & spices to taste, plus a bit of xanthan gum to thicken it all up. It makes a perfect crust! Now I can do this forever!! If only we could find a replacement for french fries.
  • leicesteralex
    leicesteralex Posts: 33
    edited October 2014
    Options
    kristafb wrote: »
    Mayo! I love mayo. and bacon.....yummmmmm. But my biggest issue was that I missed pizza. I couldn't find a low carb/keto crust I liked but I finally made one I like (I mix eggs with unflavored protein power & almond flour and herbs & spices to taste, plus a bit of xanthan gum to thicken it all up. It makes a perfect crust! Now I can do this forever!! If only we could find a replacement for french fries.

A replacement for fries.
    Deep fried cauliflower or broccoli. I use beef dropping (beef fat) for frying
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    BUTTER. Bacon. Eggs. Mayo. Cream Cheese. I don't even need a recipe, just spoon them into my mouth!

I tweak this one though (nothing low fat), awesome! http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/09/twice-baked-cauliflower-recipe.html (extra butter, extra bacon)
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    BPC is really THE thing that put me on this path. Tried it, loved it, read how it was Keto friendly and it was love from there.
  • BitterGrace
    BitterGrace Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mine is so simple it's stupid: ground beef browned with the fat, shredded cheese, spinach, fried mushrooms. I just made this for my week of meals. I did add a bit of garlic this time around and a few shakes of worcestechire sauce to make it uber savory. I also add a few shakes of potassium salt to the week's meals. It's highly savory and always palatable.

Also, as a snack treat: bacon plus peanut butter.
  • tessmca
    tessmca Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love puddings so its cheese cake, equal parts cream cheese and cream beaten, with 1/2 tsp of monfruit sweetener, till thick I added in pureed strawberries the other day yumm
  • emiliewoodford
    Options
    DEVILLED EGGS.
  • Lindseymofo
    Lindseymofo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chicken, bacon ranch casserole, got it from the reddit site i think
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fathead pizza crust- cream cheese, mozarella, garlic poweder, salt, and almond flour (some people say this is optional but I use only a 1/4 cup).
    - http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-carb-pizza/
  • iridescentblue
    iridescentblue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This recipe! http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/better-than-potatoes-cheesy-cauliflower.html

I don't even bother to stick the cauliflower in a food processer, I just mash it up with the cheese and crumble in some bacon. So delicious.
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When I realized I could make a crustless quiche using cheese as the crust. Made all the difference.
  • namedforthemoon
    namedforthemoon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese pancakes, with sugar free syrup. You can find the recipe on I breathe, I'm hungry's blog.
  • namedforthemoon
    namedforthemoon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    belizsera wrote: »
    When I realized I could make a crustless quiche using cheese as the crust. Made all the difference.

How do you do that? Can you PM me?
  • niffer_marie03
    niffer_marie03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anything involving spaghetti squash. I love my pasta. It fills the void.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    cream cheese + peanut butter + cocoa + sweetner. nike for like 15 seconds, stir it up, eat it. mmmmmmmmmm desert for dinner.