Starting my Day 1 on Monday!!!!!!

Options
If anyone has started already - plenty advice would be greatly appreciated...

So Excited!! ...or maybe I'm just nervous lol. :blush:

Replies

• demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm out of this challenge as a broke law student the cheapest I can find this program is $75, and that's just too much especially since I've lost all my weight with free YouTube videos and a $10 gym membership. One of my friends thinks she may have it already, but I'm not banking on that. But I know you guys will be successful! I cant wait to see your results. Ill be doing Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism program in the meanwhile.
  • KrishDaNa
    KrishDaNa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think I will restart the program on Monday but do the advanced moves instead.
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    demarii06 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm out of this challenge as a broke law student the cheapest I can find this program is $75, and that's just too much especially since I've lost all my weight with free YouTube videos and a $10 gym membership. One of my friends thinks she may have it already, but I'm not banking on that. But I know you guys will be successful! I cant wait to see your results. Ill be doing Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism program in the meanwhile.

Cheapest I can find is $44 on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201231061801?lpid=82

How about we go half on it lol...

If not.... I'll be doing plenty other workout programs in the future with Jillian (I love her by the way)....hopefully I can get some peepz to join me then as well.

• beautifulciera
    Options
    KrisDa24 wrote: »
    I think I will restart the program on Monday but do the advanced moves instead.

I'm shooting for advanced as a newbie...wish me luck!! But if she start doing some crazy like that picture she got on the box when she's on two hands in the air...I'm going to have to fall back on that one lol.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    The first two workouts aren't bad at all if you've done some of her other DVD's. I was doing pretty much all hard mods on those (except those darn push ups. I got them T-Rex arms lol). But workouts 3 & 4 start getting rough and then workouts 5 & 6 made me wish for death. lol But worth it. I also only use the 5 and 8 lb weights. I need to get some 10's. I've done a ton of her DVDs, 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, Extreme Shed & Shred, Kick Box Fast Fix, and some others. Body Revolution is by far my favorite and I think the one I've seen the most improvements with. Probably because its a full program. I'm not doing her diet plan though, I'm just logging what I eat on here and trying not to eat like crap, which I failed miserably at today.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    The first two workouts aren't bad at all if you've done some of her other DVD's. I was doing pretty much all hard mods on those (except those darn push ups. I got them T-Rex arms lol). But workouts 3 & 4 start getting rough and then workouts 5 & 6 made me wish for death. lol But worth it. I also only use the 5 and 8 lb weights. I need to get some 10's. I've done a ton of her DVDs, 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, Extreme Shed & Shred, Kick Box Fast Fix, and some others. Body Revolution is by far my favorite and I think the one I've seen the most improvements with. Probably because its a full program. I'm not doing her diet plan though, I'm just logging what I eat on here and trying not to eat like crap, which I failed miserably at today.

awww....yeah I did a test drive on youtube. Phase 1 workout 1...I was tired and pouring sweat, but it felt good, but I'm sure it won't all feel good. I'm looking forward to it, but yeah Jillian makes me nervous lol.

Don't feel bad - I can barely do 5 pushups...talk about WEAK!!! You've done so many..wow!! You should be like a Jillian Jr. by now lmbo and yeah ever sense the holidays I've been slipping off my game as well. But come Monday - Game face on!!
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I started again today! Get it, ladies! :D
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    My Day 1 is tomorrow :) ....are you doing the 7 Day kickstart metabolism??
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    wooo hooo Ciera can't wait to hear what you think of it. I Love it....but then I am a big Jillian Michaels fan and have a heap of her workouts, but this one would have to be her best yet!! and it works....1.5 kg in the first week, 1.4kg in the second week....I am now doing workouts 3 and 4 phase 1 they are a little harder but boy you sure do feel the burn from them. I am gonna stick to these for a little while longer ... I am still struggling to keep up and to even accomplish some of the exercises...like tree pose :neutral_face:
  • JeriAnne84
    edited December 2014
    Options
    kimiebee wrote: »
    I am gonna stick to these for a little while longer ... I am still struggling to keep up and to even accomplish some of the exercises...like tree pose :neutral_face:

Tree pose was hard for me to keep. What helped me is keeping my butt tucked, which is hard to do after a while, but it also helped when I used heavier weights. I don't know why that helped me, but I did it with 3's and 5's and was falling everywhere, but when I did it with 8's I was able to keep it better. My arms hurt like crazy though. The balance moves always are easier for me if I'm barefoot.

Good luck to everyone starting it!!! It's a beast but it is fun! I'm re-starting Phase 2 today after being sick with the flu last week. Can't wait!
  • KrishDaNa
    Options
    I did workout 5 this morning. I think I will do workouts 3 and 4 for a week so I can build back stamina. Workout 5 was way too difficult now.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Soooooooo Day 1 was torture for me....and I'm not even done yet because with the 7-Day Kickstart you have to workout twice a day. I think I could feel my insides crying...literally. But this is what they call...results are coming soon. Pray for me...as I am praying for all of you :wink:
  • KrishDaNa
    Options
    You know what I wish was in these workouts a person with at least a 20lb weighed vest doing all these workouts. Let them feel like how the average person feels during the workout. Maybe I am a little twisted.
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, @KrisDa24!

I just finished day 3 this morning. I'm not doing the 7-day kickstart because I really don't have a lot of extra time with a 6 month old and volleyball open gyms! I feel very sore, and I think those squats were the death of me. Also, that cardio dvd ain't no joke!!! :s I haven't done suicides since high school basketball practice!!! I love the way the program is set up and she says the right things at the right time.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    @qhiggins86 you are so right! just when you want to just throw them weights and collapse and cry..she says. You better not quit....you better not quit, and if you're slacking I'm going to come through the TV and kick your *kitten* because you know you're worth it!!! I love her!! I got through Day 1!!!! Thankfully!

@KrisDa24 Agreed! They are all pencil skinny lol. Try jiggling these thighs or dropping this *kitten* to the floor (sorry for my language lol, but I'm just being honest), and I bet they would all be crying too.

I did see the the black girl on the left side, second row...she's bad *kitten*, but I do see her struggling sometimes.
  • beautifulciera
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Day 4 ~ half way through.....

you know Jillian is killing my insides...it's like the saying goes..you have to be broke down so you can be reconstructed into the person you're suppose to be. Her "workouts" honestly make me want to cry sometimes because they do not feel good lol, but then she says something that reminds me why I started this program in the first place.

My boyfriend says to me two days ago, when you do something ~ you go all in, you let it take over your life, you should take it easy. ~~ I say to him, Do you think I want to workout, count calories, carbs, sugars, etc. etc., Do you think I like waking up at 5am to sweat my *kitten* off and then have to go to work for 8 hours. NO!!! I don't enjoy this, but I have no option. It's either work my *kitten* off or be lumpy, unfit, and unhealthy. I actually would like to one day wear a bikini to the beach in confidence, I would love to possibly wear a midriff one of these good ol days, not worried if someone will notice my roll. UGH!!! Who wants to live that life ...NOT ME! So I need to work my *kitten* until my fat pours off of my muscles and then maybe I'll chill *a little* lol
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! It will be worth all the hard work, pains, and counting calories in the end. And not just because you will look and feel better, but because you will know how much you accomplished and knowing that you can do this, you can do anything you set your mind to. You got this!

I did cardio 2 for the first time last night. You go for 30 seconds per workout not 1 minute like in cardio 1. There are just more workouts, and LOTS more plyometrics. My muscles were BURNING in my legs. I only had to take 2 little breaks. The first one was to take my inhaler (my lungs are in pretty bad shape after living a year in a house with really bad mold problems) and the second was because I needed water badly. Other than that I pushed through all of it without stopping during a move. Although she does cross jacks (like jumping jacks just you cross your arms and legs in front of you) and I wasn't very coordinated with those. lol But this was the first time I did burpees for 30 seconds straight WITH the jump at the end and not just standing. Also, she makes Omar and David get in front of everyone and do fast feet, which is pretty awesome.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    YES! I cannot stop, I will not stop ..through it all I will keep pushing! My muscles are burning from Cardio 1 ..I've been sore for 3 days, and because we only get one day for rest, I may not ever heal lol. LOTS more plyometrics...don't hurt me too bad Jillian ~ please I ask you!

Awww poor baby..are you serious! That is so unfortunate...did the doctor say that with time your lungs will get better?

Cross jacks may not be that bad, but I ABSOLUTELY ..hate burpees. I can do maybe 5 lol..

I love Omar and Kenta....they are super eye candy :)))
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    But after you do the jumpstart and finish it, you only have to do one workout a day, which will make life a lot easier for you! Also, the more you workout, the more your body will adapt to having to heal itself so one day might be totally fine!

No he just said it would take some time, maybe a year or so. Kind of like when people quit smoking the lungs have to heal themselves. Working out helps though, so its just more motivation for me. He had me on advair, which I just recently stopped taking because I noticed ever since I started on it at random my heart would start beating really fast, almost fluttering and then go back to a normal beat. I stopped taking it and those have stopped happening. I'm not too upset about not being on Advair since it costs me $261 a month.

Burpees are awful. Its the last one you do in the circut too. You start out with jump rope. There are also plie hops, upper cuts, skiers, skiers that are side-front-center, hooks, alternating knee raises, towel runs, butt kicks, high knees. I think there are a few more maybe. Cardio 2 does have some pretty funny moments in it, so that makes it better!!!
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Yeah working out for once a day must be slightly different ...the only thing that concerns me is the amount of calories that are being burnt. I am scared that after this first week I won't be burning as many calories, but I can guess I can always do my own 15 to 20 minute workouts here and there. But Jillian IS the expert here, and she did say that we ONLY need 30 minutes per day.

Well that's good to know, but it's still unfortunate that you had to go through something like that ~~ $261 for medicine...(insurance ?!!??) I can't imagine paying that much per month for medicine. Heart Fluttering....I experienced those feelings while taking Hydroxycut.....I kept doing it for awhile, I heard that it's your body trying to get use to it, but it is very scary.

Cardio 2 sounds busy ...but it does sound like it can be a bit of fun. Looks like I need to go out and invest in a jump rope :)