December: Check in, goals, etc

Options
Abydos3
Abydos3 Posts: 14 Member
Forgive me, Dr Atkins, for I have sinned. My parents came to stay the week leading up to Thanksgiving and just about anything I could eat, I did eat. We attended 4 parties in 4 days. I put on about 5 pounds. The good news is 4 of them have already fallen back off since Monday(when I started eating right again).

This months goal is to just stay even keel. I'll be heading to Florida for 9 days at the end of the month and travel is no good for diet plans, but I'll do my best. Also there's a wedding next weekend. I found, in my case, going high protein and extra low carb for lunch time consistently loses a pound a day. I have done that the last two days and will keep at it to see if it continues to remain true.

Anyone else out there?

Replies

• jmarton1977
    jmarton1977 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I finally achieved a mini-goal of getting under 200!! Go me!! However, we have Christmas to get through yet, and then a weekend trip to Vegas. Hopefully a lot of walking will offset potentially bad choices. Hoping to hit 195 by January 1!

Like you I also went off the rails on Thanksgiving - which resulted in the worst migraine I've ever had in my life. I felt horrible for a few days, and didn't eat or drink a whole lot, so that helped to get rid of the 2.8 pounds I'd gained by making terrible choices. I tried not to be too hard on myself. We're only human after all, but I could see why the diet gradually eases you back into carbs. My body was not a fan of the other route.

• Abydos3
    Abydos3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how much sugar we consumed while my folks were here. My folks live in FL and at least in their area they can't find great pizza, chinese take out, donuts etc... so we make up for their lost yummy foods. Nearly every day I woke up with terrible headaches. I don't know if it was the grains or the sugar, but something did not agree. At least not in the quantities we had it in.

To be fair, anyone know knows the Long Grove Confectionery in Lake County, Illinois, knows you can smell their delicious stuff from 3 blocks away. It is a siren song of yummy...
  • marichairs
    marichairs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats jmarton1977! November was a bust for me my goal was 20lbs lost 2 !! this month I want to at least double the 2. friends wedding next weekend. a week long vacation in Laughlin for my bday at the end of the month plus Christmas and new year so I hope I can stay on track. good luck ladies