What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• milligan013
    milligan013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    98 this morning. Anyone have a way to store this info in MFP? Wish they would add a field to store this so I could have it right with the food I have eaten : )
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    112 - Been eating less carbs than usual and my fasting is going up now.
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    98 this morning. Anyone have a way to store this info in MFP? Wish they would add a field to store this so I could have it right with the food I have eaten : )
    Mill;

On the desktop version (I don't use mobile so it might be different steps);

From your home page, click on the little scale icon (where you enter your daily weight)
    Scroll all the way down to bottom of the "Other Measurements" box;
    Click on "Track Additional Measurements"
    Add whatever you like (one at a time)

I've added FBG
    Pre Meal 1
    1 hr post Meal 1
    2 hr post Meal 1
    Pre Meal 2
    etc, etc

You won't be able to "order" the list (they go in the order you add them and can't be changed without deleting and re-adding but if you delete you'll lose the history), so plan the list you want before entering.

• deansdad101
    Options
    amberj32 wrote: »
    Amber;

How many/day is "less carbs than usual"?

I've been LCHF for about 9 months dropped average FBG from >150 to <100 as have many (most?) others in the Low Carber Daily Group - done right, it WORKS!!!
    (But "right" isn't the same for everybody and no, it's not a "miracle cure")

If you're interested, stop on over:
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group

Scroll down past the (too long) "Announcements" section to current posts.
    (We're in the process of cleaning up the announcements, bringing them current and making them relevant)

Hope to see you there.

• amberj32
    Options
    Amber;

I've been LCHF for about 9 months dropped average FBG from >150 to <100 as have many (most?) others in the Low Carber Daily Group - done right, it WORKS!!!

(We're in the process of cleaning up the announcements, bringing them current and making them relevant)

Hope to see you there.

Well from 300 to 150 carbs per day. I do belong to that group but I haven't really go into the group much. I will check it out. Thanks.

I was 132 this morning. :( (I knew it was coming had hours long argument with boyfriend last night and ate turkey sandwich with chili cheese fries for dinner. No workout.)

• amberj32
    Options
    Mill;

On the desktop version (I don't use mobile so it might be different steps);

From your home page, click on the little scale icon (where you enter your daily weight)
    Scroll all the way down to bottom of the "Other Measurements" box;
    Click on "Track Additional Measurements"
    Add whatever you like (one at a time)

I've added FBG
    Pre Meal 1
    1 hr post Meal 1
    2 hr post Meal 1
    Pre Meal 2
    etc, etc

You won't be able to "order" the list (they go in the order you add them and can't be changed without deleting and re-adding but if you delete you'll lose the history), so plan the list you want before entering.

I also added mine there, but only FBG and I'm not very good at entering the info there. I post it here most of the time and in my diabetic Facebook groups and in app on phone every day.

• milligan013
    milligan013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    76 before breakfast....109 after lunch : )
  • marken999
    marken999 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Had some problems getting into group to post this AM--appears to be fixed. Mine was up again 146 FBS Yuk! :(
  • deansdad101
    Options
    Amber;

Hope to see you there.

Well from 300 to 150 carbs per day. I do belong to that group but I haven't really go into the group much. I will check it out. Thanks.

I was 132 this morning. :( (I knew it was coming had hours long argument with boyfriend last night and ate turkey sandwich with chili cheese fries for dinner. No workout.)
    Amber;

300 to 150 is a MAJOR step in the "right" direction - good for you!!!

LCHF isn't for "everybody", some simply can't (or won't) give up their "sweets and starches", either because they don't want to, or because they don't have to. (Think that "skinny" friend of your's that eats her weight in pie and cake and never gains an ounce....not fair!!).

BUT, for those of us with Insulin Resistance (or worse), the (scientific) "evidence" is compelling that the more you can lower them - the better.

Some view LCHF as a "religion" (as they do other types of diets), but it is NOT that - it truly is (when used properly) a major step in combating not only weight problems but those associated with IR as well.

Just my opinion of course, but for the life of me I simply can't understand why anyone dealing with IR/T2D problems wouldn't at least "try" it for themselves (not saying that you aren't/haven't - it's the generic "anyone")

Hope you have great holidays and keep moving on cutting those carbs - your body will thank you!
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's 2hr was 114.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Before breakfast 115
  • leanmachine514
    Options
    GM gang! This AM FBS is a little lower, but still high 130
  • kamaperry
    Options
    I'm back 116 this morning
  • kamaperry
    Options
    103 this morning, yay!!
  • amberj32
    Options
    [/quote]
    Amber;

LCHF isn't for "everybody", some simply can't (or won't) give up their "sweets and starches", either because they don't want to, or because they don't have to. (Think that "skinny" friend of your's that eats her weight in pie and cake and never gains an ounce....not fair!!).

BUT, for those of us with Insulin Resistance (or worse), the (scientific) "evidence" is compelling that the more you can lower them - the better.

Some view LCHF as a "religion" (as they do other types of diets), but it is NOT that - it truly is (when used properly) a major step in combating not only weight problems but those associated with IR as well.

Just my opinion of course, but for the life of me I simply can't understand why anyone dealing with IR/T2D problems wouldn't at least "try" it for themselves (not saying that you aren't/haven't - it's the generic "anyone")

Hope you have great holidays and keep moving on cutting those carbs - your body will thank you!
    [/quote]

Thank you for the info!
    I was 105 this morning.

• leanmachine514
    Options
    Excellent Amber! Mine is still up there FBS=130
  • deansdad101
    Options
    Amber;

[/quote]

Thank you for the info!
    I was 105 this morning.

[/quote]
    Amber;

You are most welcome and congrats on todays numbers - nice work!

If you are interested in looking into LCHF have a look over here:

It's a "friendly" group of like minded individuals, most of whom either are right where you are now (carb wise), or started there and have since progressed (some for over a year) and "blazed the trail". They're most willing to help and answer any questions you might have along the way.

You'll not find the provocation or animosity toward those that question the "conventional wisdom" that so often exists in some of the main "forum" areas and I promise you'll be welcomed with open arms.

Doesn't cost you a dime to "take a look" and whether you decide to give it a try, or not, is entirely up to you. If you do decide to try it I think you'll find an active member base willing to point you in the right direction for any additional info and documentation you might need or want.

Enjoy the holidays and keep up the good work!

• leanmachine514
    Options
    GM FBS still the same 130