MFP's 5 week prediction

Options
cchild2
cchild2 Posts: 47 Member
When you complete your daily food/exercise log, does anyone pay attention to the... "If every day were like today... You'd weigh xxx.x lbs in 5 weeks"

I started plotting this prediction vs my actual weight to see how accurate it is. Won't know for at least 4 weeks.

Curious if anyone has done this already?

Replies

• juliegetshealthy
    juliegetshealthy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have always wondered but haven't checked it out. Will be interesting to see what you find out.
  • TheTrophyWife
    TheTrophyWife Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The first day I completed my diary, it stated I would weigh 299 in five weeks. Next week is week 5. Currently my "broken" scale says I'm 305.1. Unless something really big happens, I don't think it's very accurate. Then again, I don't eat on weekends so that may affect my outcome.
  • hrosent1
    Options
    It's never been accurate for me, simply because: the likelihood that every day is going to be exactly the same for the next 5 weeks is absolutely zero. It's a fun motivator to think about how much you theoretically could lose, but don't put any stock in it. :)
  • TheTrophyWife
    TheTrophyWife Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hrosent1 wrote: »
    It's never been accurate for me, simply because: the likelihood that every day is going to be exactly the same for the next 5 weeks is absolutely zero. It's a fun motivator to think about how much you theoretically could lose, but don't put any stock in it. :)

That's a good point. Sometimes I try to repeat meals but my activity definitely doesn't get repeated.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    hrosent1 wrote: »
    What she said^^
  • cchild2
    cchild2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm comparing the 7 day average of my weight vs the 7 day average of my MFP prediction, to smooth out the noise.