Starting W1D1 today

Options
I kinda had to create a week 1/2 to get myself up to this. The last week, I've been doing 1 minute jogs and 2 minute walks. So, now I think I'm ready to start this for real.

However… I'm a little nervous. My plantar fasciitis started acting up last week. I've got inserts in my shoes and it's getting better… but I'm still not quite back to normal. But we'll see how it goes.

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Do you have good quality shoes?

Good luck! I just started yesterday so we're on a similar schedule. By the time it became "too hard" to me, it was about over. You can do it!!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    RE: Shoes
    The shoes I have are good quality and the most comfortable workout shoes I've ever owned. I love them. However… I'm not sure they running specific… If anything, I'm guessing they are walking shoes… as that's all I was doing when I bought them. And I've have not yet gone to a running store to get fitted properly for running shoes… although that's definitely on my list to do once the holidays get over with!
  • 50sthenew30
    50sthenew30 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yep, started this morning, found it ok ish. The app helped with the headphones plugged in and some decent music to get me going. Roll on tomorrow for all the aches and pains :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Well done! Getting started is the hardest step to take.
  • ivarunsoncoffee
    ivarunsoncoffee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First of all I would like to congratulate you for making the first step. Then the shoes can make or break your running. Make sure they are properly fitted. Do you know your pronation?
  • suemoitozo
    suemoitozo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group as I want to learn and do the couch to 5K program - where do I find the instructions for getting started?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    suemoitozo wrote: »
    Just joined this group as I want to learn and do the couch to 5K program - where do I find the instructions for getting started?

Welcome! Please look at the discussions up on top of the page, they have been selected as extra informative. There are tips on how to dress for Summer or Winter running, where to download apps or podcasts, various injuries, etc.

It is easier if you narrow it down a bit by reading first, then asking more specific questions in the corresponding thread. There are plenty of people reading along so you can expect a reply quite swiftly.