Anyone starting today 28th December

Options
Just completed Day1 Week 1 anyone else starting today?

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Well done and welcome! You'll get even more cheers if you announce this in the daily check-in thread, too :) It's for members at all stages of the programme.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Well done! The hardest part is getting started and you've already accomplished that! Way to go!
  • YoshiCow
    YoshiCow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well done :)

I just started again today. Managed it a lot easier than the other times I've tried, so feelingg positive about it this time! :)
  • Minimomma24
    Minimomma24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday as well. Trying to lose about 10-15 lbs
  • klculberson
    Options
    Started yesterday! So excited to find others starting too!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    You can all do this. I'm looking forward to hearing your progress and being here to encourage you all.
    I was not a runner but C25K changed that. Two years after graduating, I'm still running and enjoying it.
    If I can do it, it can be done. You will also all be runners.
  • chelskii22
    chelskii22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight! Haven't ran in years though so hopefully I'll survive day 1!!!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Go slow. Don't worry about your times, because this isn't going to be an eight week thing if you finish. Go as slow as you need to , but just make sure you run the time for that day. That's how I got through it on my third try, and if I can do it everyone else can too.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Go slow. Don't worry about your times, because this isn't going to be an eight week thing if you finish. Go as slow as you need to , but just make sure you run the time for that day. That's how I got through it on my third try, and if I can do it everyone else can too.

Well said. The secret key to success in C25K is to keep the pace slow.
    While running, speak a short sentence aloud. If you huff, puff, pant your way through the sentence, you're running too fast; slow down.
    You'll feel as if you're going "too slow" but you're not; that's the right pace. We all start out thinking we have to "run hard" and that leads to us giving up. Trust yourself and the program by running as slow as you need to. Speed will come by itself in time.
  • chelskii22
    chelskii22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I done it! :D Well half of it. I forgot my inhaler so after the 4th jogging section I was dying so decided to walk the rest of the time rather than give up completely!!
  • iainletham61
    Options
    Nailed D2W1 legs were heavy so I'm having a rest day before going for day 3, might try just a swim tomorrow how everyone else managing???
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Each day you run makes it easier to run the next time. Make it part of your regular routine.
  • jmtoledo2013
    Options
    I started today with 1 km, my legs are strange now, but was very good !!!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Nailed D2W1 legs were heavy so I'm having a rest day before going for day 3, might try just a swim tomorrow how everyone else managing???

Are you running consecutive days? You should start with a rest day between each training session to give your muscles a chance to heal and rest.
    Well done on your run!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    I started today with 1 km, my legs are strange now, but was very good !!!

Nice going!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    chelskii22 wrote: »
    I done it! :D Well half of it. I forgot my inhaler so after the 4th jogging section I was dying so decided to walk the rest of the time rather than give up completely!!

You should find that your need for an inhaler reduces as your fitness improves.

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

The C25K plan is designed for alternate days, to give your joints and soft tissues an opportunity to recover.

Running every day as a newbie is a fast route to injury.
  • iainletham61
    Options
    D3 W1 nailed bit harder as I did it on the road, its in the bag and feeling great. Day off the morrow so in Scotland its traditional to party so glasses up and have a happy new year
  • SharonR1972
    SharonR1972 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started on December 30. I plan on running Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Welcome, Sharon!