Paleo Reset, January 1st

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Soooo ready for this! I have ate way to much sugar & my joints are HURTING!!!!
  • tcemt
    tcemt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, new to the group and just finished reading Practial Paleo and have selected a 30 day program to follow, now I need to finish grocery shoping.
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm in! I've already paleo meal planned for the first 10 days of January. And between now and then, it's eating up the stuff that won't work for the paleo reset because I've certainly gotten off track.

I'm not going to do a Whole30 this time as it's a bit too restrictive, but I will use a lot of favorite Whole30 recipes :) I did a Whole30 close to two years ago, but now I'm living at my parents' house. It's much more difficult to eat "100% the way I want/plan" now that I'm not living by myself. I've gotten my mom on board with the idea of paleo eating, so I really hope she doesn't buy temptations for the house... It's certainly a change from the way my parents eat.

My family's been through so much the last 6 months. My dad's only been home for 3 nonconsecutive weeks since June, and it's been continuous hospital and sub-acute rehab stays as he awaits a liver transplant. So... I've fallen into the bad habit of stress eating, eating whatever I can on days when I'm at the hospital all day and all that.

My plan is to focus on one blog, website, or book every week or 2 and try as many recipes I can, figuring out favorites :) I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the great recipes out there, so I need a way to tackle everything I want to eat hehehe. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I’m in, with the exception of dairy. I need dairy to get my protein and fat.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Could you share your menu plans for the first week or so? I will have to go grocery shopping before though. Are you ALL cleaning out the cupboards & fridge? I must admit I am sorta feeling panicked cuz I know this is hard, especially for sugar addicts!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Vhuber, no need to feel panicked, there are lots of good foods to eat. Im also a sugar addict and diabetic, so I take L-glutamine to help quiet those cravings. It is an inexpensive suppliment that helps fight those sugar cravings, and i speak from experience. I take it regularly, and it truly takes the edge off. You can buy it anywhere, for a few bucks a bottle. I follow Mark Sissons Primal Blueprint, so i'll be sticking to it religiously for the next 30 days.

Regarding Paleo, here's a link to help you get started:

http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

• vhuber
    Options
    Ohhh I know I have good food to eat. Like I mentioned before, I did a Whole 30 in January of this year, it's just the sugar cravings about drive me insane. I will see about getting some L-glutamine, thank you for the suggestion!
  • lew0017
    lew0017 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I would like to give this a try, I really would love to see how I feel eating strictly Paleo. My sister has Celiac's and I have wondered if grains are causing some of my issues. I'm on board!!! Starting Jan 2nd!
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    lew0017 wrote: »
    I would like to give this a try, I really would love to see how I feel eating strictly Paleo. My sister has Celiac's and I have wondered if grains are causing some of my issues. I'm on board!!! Starting Jan 2nd!

Welcome All, lew0017, you will be amazed at how you are feeling in a week or two after you start this. I do recommend reading up a bit before you start and there are some really good and free resources at the whole30.org website and many others. A google search will fill up your days and nights with testimonials and ideas. As for recipes it is loaded with them too http://whole30.org/whole30-recipes/

• sexykima
    sexykima Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll be doing the Whole 30 or maybe even a Whole 60! :)
  • lew0017
    lew0017 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks SteamClutch, the recipes look great!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am 4 months postpartum and I am ready to lose the weight. I have been researching paleo (specifically Whole30) for months and I am ready to start! My main goal is to lower my cholesterol to keep my Doctor from putting me on meds.
  • jambarri
    jambarri Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in...will start the 4th. Did the whole 30 last January and was amazed at how much better I felt...now amazed how easily I slipped away from it! Dang bad habits!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    vhuber, I don’t have any set menus. I know I’ll have local farmed meat, eggs, Kerry Gold butter, nuts, avocado, and lots of leafy greens.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Could you share your menu plans for the first week or so? I will have to go grocery shopping before though. Are you ALL cleaning out the cupboards & fridge? I must admit I am sorta feeling panicked cuz I know this is hard, especially for sugar addicts!

I plan my meals weekly based on what I have in the chest freezer (my best investment ever!) and what I can afford that week. I stock up when I can and live on little when I need to. Some of my favorite recipes re low cost ones. Are you on Pinterest? That is the easiest way to share recipes.
  • zfpaleo
    Options
    I'm in for the Jan 1 challenge/group.

I have some Paleo recipes so far on Pintrest (putting them into categories, only have a few finished so far - I try to list all of the ingredients under each pin so it's clear if it fits within Paleo, Whole30, Primal or whichever variation each person is doing).

http://www.pinterest.com/discusspaleo/

If anyone would like to help by contributing paleo recipes to these group boards leave a comment and I'll add you to the board to be able to pin.
  • vhuber
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Does anyone order "groceries" on line? I live rural in northeast Montana. The closest organic store is almost 300 miles away (the city!). I have good eggs & meat & get what I can for produce at our local Albertson's store (which really is a joke) but for butter or sugar free bacon etc??? My husband & his brothers usually butcher & make sausage but he says they add sugar (not much but...).
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    vhuber, I've ordered some things from Netrition.com with much success, but I was on atkins at the time. I'm not sure about delivering in rural areas though.
    Maybe ask your hub if they can make you a little side batch?
    Montana is beautiful, I’ve always wanted to visit.
  • Jessa333777
    Options
    Whole30 was in my plan starting Jan 2. To be honest, never done one before, but eat mostly paleo-ish. Intend to eliminate added refined sugar, wheat, legumes, dairy and limit nightshades. Considering allowing whey protein as I wish to avoid any muscle loss.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Holla Clutch! I'm in.

Because cheese and I must break up for the sake of humanity..lol.