Virtual Team Challenge 2015

Options
mrspeterson
mrspeterson Posts: 54 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
It's our favorite time of the year! January 1 begins our next Virtual Team Challenge. For our last team challenge, we rowed 2.6 million meters, with an average 139K per rower. Set your own goal: 100K, 200K, or if you're Eric, 3000K.

Small change this time: Michele has abdicated the captain throne and turned the team over to me. She's gotten too busy winning every award for awesomest teacher in Alaska and I'm always raring to go with the team challenges.

So the team is signed up, so now is your turn to get signed up: go to the TEAM tab on the concept2 logbook site, search for MFP Friends and indicate that you will be participating in the GREATEST CHALLENGE OF 2015!!!!!

Also, get ready for the Team Challenge (starts January 1!) by participating in the individual holiday challenge, which starts tomorrow and runs through Christmas. Raise some money for great causes AND keep yourself on track during the danger season!

Replies

• DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just connected to the team on the logsite. The event I see is "Next event: Virtual Team Challenge 2015". Hopefully, I've done this correctly.
  • mrspeterson
    Options
    Yes, you're all set!
  • DM01234
    Options
    Thank you!
  • painterprincess
    Options
    I'm signed up, on track for the 100 k, and ready to row hard in January!
  • robinrows
    robinrows Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd make my goals public (with the logic that it gives me more incentive to achieve them if someone else knows about them)!

Aspirational: 350K (based on 15K a day with only a few days off)
    Achievable: 250K (based on 10K for 25 days of the challenge)

I'll start of aiming for the 350K..........

This is or course assuming work or wife doesn’t put unexpected obstacles in the way. :'(
  • mrspeterson
    Options
    Here are my goals:
    • ROW. EVERY. DAMN. DAY.
    • beat Mary!

STARTS TOMORROW.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    row 1.half marathon 21 097m.
  • ctperdant
    Options
    I'm on as David Dean. Hope to rack up some K's before I start back to work full time next week, but will try to do something each day when I can! Feel free to friend me if you're on the team.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'll probably shoot for 120K for the challenge - A. Mason
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Here are my goals:
    • ROW. EVERY. DAMN. DAY.
    • beat Mary!

STARTS TOMORROW.

Gave you all a headstart. :-P
  • robinrows
    Options
    Good rowing all - some great rows so far keep it up :)
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    With the pace you are setting Robin, I had to raise my personal bar. I have a plan in place for 300K.
  • robinrows
    Options
    10th HM today. I keep expecting something to break every row. Last year during Mud Season it was my ankles getting sore @10K per day. So far all ok, apart from a few sores from where my shirt rubs (seems to vary with each row). An added bonus I am sleeping like a log (at my heaviest I had a few sleep problems, and still do occassionally)!

The gym staff think I've lost the plot a bit though, ignoring their recomended routines and just rowing.
  • mtcastillo86
    Options
    I think an hour at a time is about my limit on the erg for now. Not trying to bust any records. Just trying to maintain good form throughout. Everybody's doing great!
  • robinrows
    Options
    350K complete. time to stop rowing........
    On second thoughts, I've upped my target to 500K, should be able to do it by rowing a HM 6 of the 8 days left in january.

I weighed myself on the last day of December, and have mostly been sticking to my calorie targets, so hoping for a big weight loss when I weigh in On the 31st Jan.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Excellent job. With the rowing you are doing and sticking to your calorie targets, weight loss shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the motivation as well. You definitely made me row more than I was even thinking about rowing.
  • robinrows
    Options
    It always suprises me just how motivating the C2 challenges are. I did the mud season 10k last year and thought that was about my limit. Depite being a bit heavier than last March (I'd like to think the reason was concentrating on stronglifts 5x5, but more likely too much food and drink), I seem to be able to row further without breaking down.
  • mtcastillo86
    Options
    Was looking at the Challenge results. MFP Friends finished 33rd overall out of 377 teams. We had 4,632,368 total event meters by 26 team members for an average of 178,168 meters per member. Not too shabby!

On a side note, have you looked at the names of some of the other teams? Some are quite amusing. Ancients. Luna-tics. Empty the tanks. The Erging Will Continue Until Morale Improves. Shrunken Apple Heads.

LOL.
  • DM01234
    Options
    Was looking at the Challenge results. MFP Friends finished 33rd overall out of 377 teams. We had 4,632,368 total event meters by 26 team members for an average of 178,168 meters per member. Not too shabby!

On a side note, have you looked at the names of some of the other teams? Some are quite amusing. Ancients. Luna-tics. Empty the tanks. The Erging Will Continue Until Morale Improves. Shrunken Apple Heads.

LOL.

I did notice some of those names... Too funny..

Since I'm a minor data geek - I looked at the results a couple other ways as well.

For Indoor Rower Virtual Club regardless of team size we ranked 18th
    For Indoor Rower Virtual Club with a team size 21-50 we ranked 5th

Sure had fun doing it, regardless of placement.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    onwards and upwards i say, when is the next challenge?