Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    JimMotto1.png
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Okay, here goes. I've made some big changes, so this is all going to depend on how it goes.

1. Daily calories at least 2,000, but not more than 2,500.
    2. Gym 3x/week
    3. Abs/Glutes 2x/week
    4. Calves 5x/week (exercises, stretches, massage)
    5. Run starting at 0.5mi 3x/wk; add 0.5mi ea week if possible; stop if necessary
    6. See how walking & running play together; make new daily step goal by end of Jan
    7. Look into trainer sessions at the gym
    8. Get new running shoes
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Okay! I'm going to be back on the plan now. So this month I will:
    1) Log! And stay within my calories for the week
    2) Run! Minimum three times a week. If the weather is too poor for running, then swim. If the swim center is closed then dance with the Wii for an hour.
    3) Attend kettleball class on Monday. If home on the weekend, attend Body Conditioning class on Saturday.
    4) Go to trainer workout on Wednesday
  • jenmck5
    jenmck5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ok It's been so long since I've logged on this part - I've not seen the editing stuff before! Nice.
    1). Log my foods again.
    2). Exercise - stay with my 60 day program Blackfire plus continue training for 3rd degree black belt test in May/June.
    3). Consider doing a "Tough Mudder" or "Warrior Dash" with my husband and friends.
    4). Eat better, not just under my calories.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    2015, I’m ready for you. I weigh around 180 and THIS is the year that I reach my goal weight!

My 2015 goals:
    A. Move from obese to overweight by April 1
    B. Get to my goal weight of 150 by Q3
    C. Create habits so that exercise and healthy eating are automatic

So how am I going to get there??

Here are my January goals:
    1. Eat something within 1 hour of waking up
    2. Move for at least 5 minutes every day
    3. Lift twice weekly
    4. Log all calories
    5. Be prepared by making weekday breakfast/lunch/snacks the night before
    6. Lay out workout clothes every night (or set up bag if swimming or Pilates)
    7. Have one—and only one—treat meal per week
    8. Floss daily
    9. Check in on DWP
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Okay, here goes. I've made some big changes, so this is all going to depend on how it goes.

1. Daily calories at least 2,000, but not more than 2,500.
    2. Gym 3x/week
    3. Abs/Glutes 2x/week
    4. Calves 5x/week (exercises, stretches, massage)
    5. Run starting at 0.5mi 3x/wk; add 0.5mi ea week if possible; stop if necessary
    6. See how walking & running play together; make new daily step goal by end of Jan
    7. Look into trainer sessions at the gym
    8. Get new running shoes

End of week 1 and time to review. This week I made major program changes based around my running initiative. I plan to do Sun-Sat: Sun-upper body, Mon-lower body1, Tue-run, Wed-upper body, Thu-lower body2, Fri-run, Sat-long run, (where lower body2 is a workout I can do at home instead of the gym). The 3x/wk I go to the gym, I plan to run there and back. All running is subject to my achilles/calves being okay. I am running in HR range 128-138, which means I'm BARELY moving--like a snail! haha! My workouts are changed to keep upper body in a strength range (5x5), but my lower body workouts will be in an endurance range (~12 rep, and higher such as abs).

Anyway, this past week:
    1. *check* (as a weekly avg., meaning I was over 2 days and equally under 2 days)
    2. *check*
    3. *check*
    4. *cancelled* - will only be doing these on lower body1, b/c running is adequate at this point
    5. *check*
    6. *check*
    7. *cancelled* - won't be doing this now, since my lower body will be in endurance range for the foreseeable future. This will probably wait until Fall, when the new school year starts and lil girl begins school.
    8. DH will likely get while in USA in a couple weeks

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    1. Check! As a wkly avg. was only over one day, but by a whopping 700+ cals, but still managed to avg it out for the week.
    2. 2/3, no surprise, because of DHs work. Shoulda went to gym today, but it was shorts weather today and naturally I ran!
    3. Fail! :(
    4. Cancelled
    5. Running was pretty good for the week. Lots of miles, maybe too many.
    6. On target
    7. Cancelled
    8. Between DHs travel and sales, this will happen in Jan!

This coming week, and the next, will put some of this on hold while DH travels.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Yeah, this week's been a disaster. I don't officially check-in for two more days and I'm hoping to pull it together by then, but judging by how I've been doing, that might not happen.

Anyway, I really need to pull it together and I've decided that starting in February, I'll finally be setting weight loss goals each month. I'd been reluctant to do that because the pressure of a weight loss goal might make me self-destruct, but I've basically given myself a nice long vacation from deficit-eating, so now I need to go ahead and push forward and regain some control. Just want to post this here lest I forget.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    So we’re ¾ of the way into January and this is my first follow-up post. I don’t want to quantify so here’s the upshot:

Doing Great:
    Log all calories
    Be prepared by making weekday breakfast/lunch/snacks the night before
    Eat something within 1 hour of waking up
    Move for at least 5 minutes every day

Doing Okay:
    Check in on DWP
    Lay out workout clothes every night (or set up bag if swimming or Pilates)

Needs Improvement:
    Lift twice weekly
    Floss daily
    Have one—and only one—treat meal per week
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    btsinmd wrote: »
    Okay! I'm going to be back on the plan now. So this month I will:
    1) Log! And stay within my calories for the week
    2) Run! Minimum three times a week. If the weather is too poor for running, then swim. If the swim center is closed then dance with the Wii for an hour.
    3) Attend kettleball class on Monday. If home on the weekend, attend Body Conditioning class on Saturday.
    4) Go to trainer workout on Wednesday

I've done a full week of meeting all my goals! Yes! Now to see if I can do it a second week in a row.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    April, good show!

Donna, that's awesome and really inspiring!
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    Sherry, I'm already mulling Feb goals too.

Donna, you're crushing it!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Sigh, well a whole lotta fail to my week. BUT, #8 finally *check!*, got my shoes. Haha. Anyway, hoping I'll take this bad week and use it as a motivator when making Feb goals. But in the back of my mind is a voice saying, "what's the point? I'll get on track (MAYbe) and then DH is back out if town again, and for even longer the next time!" Ugh. But for other reasons I'm happy for his travel. I accomplish a great deal in other areas when he's gone. Guess that's just the plight of the modern woman, juggling everything but never able to be, do, have it all, at the same time. Anyway, sorry to get all philosophical. Gonna mull some Feb goals.