Options
    2 hr pp yesterday evening was 97
  • milligan013
    milligan013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
  • TNunraveler
    TNunraveler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    203! Yikes! No wonder I've been feeling a bit fuzzy. Time to get back on track.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    GM Mine's up again FBS 140. The holiday craziness seems to be a factor. It'll be interesting if next week it goes back to normal.
  • TNunraveler
    Options
    163. Better than yesterday, but GEEZ!
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This evening's 2hr pp was 151. Can't figure that out - my carbs were below 100 today. Most days my 2hr is at 120 or lower. That is with total carbs of 150 - 170. All I can figure is it was the white rice with dinner. I seldom have that so I'll keep my eye on my BG the next time I have rice.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've missed you guys. My sleeping and eating schedules have been all over the place since I've been sick for the past 5 days. I've been randomly testing 2 hours after eating and it's been 100 - 135. I've been too scared about my sugars running high to take Nyquil or anything like that. I have sugar free cough drops and Musinex with sinus relief but it does raise my blood pressure a little bit.
  • leanmachine514
    Options
    Hope you get better soon Amber! FBS was back to normal for me at 129 today.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm reconnecting here as I restart. My FBS was 183 this morning. Got some work to do!
  • kamaperry
    Options
    I hear ya, Ron, my last woo hoo was last night. FBS 147
  • kamaperry
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEARS!
  • romachel1978
    romachel1978 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed 3 months ago with type 2. I test my blood each day. My doctor eventually wants my numbers to be between 4-6. How come all of your numbers are in the 100's? Is it something different that you guys test? Sorry that probably seems like a stupid question! This is all very new and confusing to me!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    145 today. Came down 40ish points after day 1. Had to turn down cake last night!
  • leanmachine514
    Options
    Happy New Year everybody! Forgot to post yesterday...it was 130 and today is 133
    I was diagnosed 3 months ago with type 2. I test my blood each day. My doctor eventually wants my numbers to be between 4-6. How come all of your numbers are in the 100's? Is it something different that you guys test? Sorry that probably seems like a stupid question! This is all very new and confusing to me!

Your Doc may be wanting your A1c to be between 4-6% Our numbers are from testing blood w/monitors we use that show anywhere from 70's to higher 100's depending on each person's eating, weight and metabolism. I hope this helps. Ask your Doc to help you understand the numbers too. Good luck!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
  • TNunraveler
    Options

Yes, he's very likely talking about your A1c. Mine was 6.9 the last time it was checked, and I'm working to bring it down (ramped up the exercise and starting logging my food...again). My fasting blood sugar this morning was 167, so I still have a lot of work to do. We're all works in progress.
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Roma;

The "numbers" are simply different scales of measurement. (Think of kilometers/hr and miles/hr). 150k/h = ~93mph. The car is going the same speed just shows two different numbers depending on which speedometer you look at.

While, technically, mg/dl (milligrams/deciliter), and mmol/l (millimoles/liter), aren't exactly the same (mg is "weight", mmol is "molarity"), they are close enough for our purposes.

In the US mg/dl (the 100's numbers) is the norm, most of the rest of the world uses mmol/l as the standard.

It's not an "exact" conversion, but as a rule of thumb, you can multiply mmol numbers (the 4-10's) times 18 to convert to mgs.

So if the "normal" ranges are 70-130 mg/dl (US),
    the equivalent in ROW would be ~3.9-7.2 mmol/l

A 180 pp "max" = 10mmol/l
    (10 x 18=180)

Likewise, A1C can be measured in varying units %, mmol, or mg/dl. and can be converted, one to another.

Again not "exact" but close enough for gov't work.

A1C 6% = 126mg/dl = 7.0mmol/l

If you are, (or anyone else is), interested in a more "detailed" (and much longer <g>) discussion of BG testing, and tools - have a look at this thread:
    Tested your BG today?
  • romachel1978
    romachel1978 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to explain this. It makes sense now. I find all of this so overwhelming right now that any little clarification makes it a little bit easier :)
  • kamaperry
    Options
    147. Ok, back on today. No more holiday goofing off