SPREADSHEET!

Options
lexbubbles
lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
I created a spreadsheet for us

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kv2JYFYt_DZ6Yod2pK5O3LDxQD79tMnA-et0sCKaQGc/edit?usp=sharing

Please add your name (and then sort the name column by hovering over 'A', clicking the wee arrow, and selecting 'sort A-Z' so we stay in order and can find ourselves later)

FOR THOSE WORKING IN KM:
When you add your name, please do so in RED TEXT (there is a font colour option on the toolbar just above the sheet, next to the bold/italic/strike buttons). On January 1st (probably around midday GMT), when everyone has hopefully added themselves, I will adjust your 'total' cell to automatically convert from km to mi.

Unfortunately, I cannot do this for all the individual days. Enter your mileage for each day in km, and your 'total' will show completion in miles. This is just so everybody's 'total' is in the same measurement :)

Replies

• lexbubbles
    Options
    ypsihylaxr1e.png

Added some formatting so that your 'left to goal' miles change colour depending how close your are, from red through green. Bit of fun, really.
  • itsthekz
    Options
    Thank you! I will Add my name shortly!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm in!
  • itsthekz
    Options
    Ok I hope it worked. I've never edited one of those before.
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Can't edit the spreadsheet to add my name :( is that because I'm on my iPad and not my computer?
  • Kaplat
    Options
    Finally got it. Had to change my browser to Chrome, Safari wouldn't do it.
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    Okey doke. KM people so far: your code has been updated to auto-covert the total. Remember to LOG YOUR DAILY DISTANCE IN KM. Thanks. Feel free to have a play with it before we start so you can see it in action.

I'll edit anyone else as necessary tomorrow.

"total/to goal" have been protected to stop accidental editing/deleting. They're automatically updating fields and don't need to be changed :)

NOTE

IF YOU'RE WORKING IN KM AND ADD YOUR NAME AFTER JAN 1 -PLEASE- SEND ME A PM SO I CAN WORK MY MAGIC OTHERWISE I MIGHT MISS YOU AND YOUR TOTAL WILL BE ALL WONKY. Cheers.
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    Sorry, even though I set the total to protected it appears all the code for the KM people has been accidentally deleted so er... that didn't work. Can you please re-highlight your name in red and I'll fix it up again.

AND PLEASE. DO NOT EDIT THE TOTAL/TO GOAL FIELDS. THEY ARE AUTOMATIC. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING TO THEM.
  • tdjna
    tdjna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was able to add my name and log miles but was not able to put in alpha order?
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    Ugh it got messed up AGAIN. Somehow people's names are going out of alignment with their miles. I have no idea how that's even happening.
  • lexbubbles
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Right. I've got an idea of why it was. I think locking the total to prevent editing by other people meant that if anyone else sorted alphabetically the totals don't move with them?

So I'm unlocking the total fields. Please DO NOT edit the total fields.

Also please check your miles as the late arrivals may have put you out of sync. Hopefully all the issues should be resolved now
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My name disappeared!! :(
    Can I add again without creating a whole mess?
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    Oop sorry that might have been me (Sort of? Kinda?) I noticed an empty name field so deleted the row, assuming someone had put a blank row in by accident. So I guess someone else accidentally deleted your name first, I just took out the row haha.

Yes, go ahead and re-add yourself. Everything should be working again now I've removed the range protection. Sorry, everyone. My attempt at preserving the 'totals' formulas from accidental deletion/editing backfired and made the whole thing go squiffy when the sheet got sorted by anyone other than me. My bad.

• Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »
    Oop sorry that might have been me (Sort of? Kinda?) I noticed an empty name field so deleted the row, assuming someone had put a blank row in by accident. So I guess someone else accidentally deleted your name first, I just took out the row haha.

Yes, go ahead and re-add yourself. Everything should be working again now I've removed the range protection. Sorry, everyone. My attempt at preserving the 'totals' formulas from accidental deletion/editing backfired and made the whole thing go squiffy when the sheet got sorted by anyone other than me. My bad.

Thanks for your answer and you don't need to apologize. You've done all the work!!
    Sorry to ask something again. I've add my name and today's walk but it didn't count my 'total' and 'to goal'.
    I'm pretty good with excel spreadsheet but didn't want to touch anything and correct it without your permission.
    Can you have a look at it?
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Edit, never mind, found it; it was just in a different place. However, my data disappeared. I never used Google stuff, info automatically gets saved, right?
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »

Thanks for your answer and you don't need to apologize. You've done all the work!!
    Sorry to ask something again. I've add my name and today's walk but it didn't count my 'total' and 'to goal'.
    I'm pretty good with excel spreadsheet but didn't want to touch anything and correct it without your permission.
    Can you have a look at it?

I've added the code for your total and goal, so it should be appearing now. You are in km, right? I noticed your name was in red :)
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    Edit, never mind, found it; it was just in a different place. However, my data disappeared. I never used Google stuff, info automatically gets saved, right?

Yep, gets saved automatically. I can see your data just fine :)
  • giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have added my name and miles so far, but it is not appearing in the 'total' or 'to goal' columns.
  • Kaplat
    Options
    Spreadsheet's looking good today, thanks Lexbubbles!