BE Support Group Conversation Thread - 2014

Options
124»

Replies

• susanbriggs2
    Options
    Started with MFP a week ago and have been busy using the food and exercise diary and getting a good look at the stats on my eating/exercise results daily. I have, for years, found all kinds of ways to overlook those eating habits I have that have been the direct cause of my weight gain (I am at my highest right now and feeling somewhat discouraged) and am determined to face them head on so I can get this weight off for good. But it's SO hard! I automatically think about tracking less when putting portion sizes into my food diary, or think about not adding in certain foods I've eaten that make me feel guilty....but this time, I'm not going to do this because there is no point in any of it if I'm not real with myself. This group may be just what I'm looking for. I have been on a long journey in addressing my weight issues and need to find support from those who share my story. I am definitely a binge eater and have known this for a very long time. Lots of psychological stuff involved, but I know I can change anything if I put my mind to it and have the right support.....accountability through tracking has actually made me more mindful of what I'm doing with and to myself daily and I am wanting those rewards now that I see the possibilities in plain writing! So happy and relieved to have found this group :)
  • joshlawrence737
    Options
    Help me out! Its just become a habit, and I need to break it. Any tips? I've started drinking 2 liters of water before each meal, that really helps. Its gotten to the point though where I don't even want to eat, the thought of eating makes me feel sick, like I said its just become a habit and its hard to break.
  • shortly2Bthin
    Options
    You might want to try a timer, joshlawrence737. If you can feel the binge coming on, set a specific calorie limit and indulge it, then set a 20 minute timer and do something distracting. When the timer goes off, if you're still craving, then set another calorie limit and indulge it. Again with the 20 minute timer. I do this up to 4 times. It allows me to satiate the food lust without going into thousands of calories, and I usually don't make it up to a fourth indulgence. If you're catching yourself in the middle of a binge, do the same thing but allow yourself 2 more indulgences instead of four. I tend to set my calorie limit at 150 - 200 for the first one then 100 after that. It doesn't always work, sometimes the binge just takes over, but it works often enough to make a difference.
  • laceyjjj
    laceyjjj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great idea Shortly! Delaying is a great tactic. I've always found a book in the bath helps and for those who do drink, a glass of wine that relaxes my mind.
  • Balaga8611
    Balaga8611 Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Post deleted, and copied to 2015 message board.
This discussion has been closed.