stronglifts for a strong woman?

Options
I just downloaded strong lifts app its free and looks so easy. Anyone else do this pros con's?

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I do stronglifts but don't have the app as my phone doesn't do those (I've been due for an upgrade for years and need to just get a new phone). I just use a notebook and pen to keep track of how much I lift each time and which ones I need to do on which day.

It's pretty simple because it only has the main compound lifts. However, it can be hard to make the 5 lb increases, especially on the overhead press. I need to find 1.25 fractional plates somewhere when I have spare money cause the gym doesn't have ones that small. Also, it's okay to start lighter than if the bar is too heavy for some of the lifts at first. I looked at what it recommended on the web site and some of that was too heavy. OHP I started below 45 lbs in order to get form down first as I'd never really done that one before.

Other than that, it's like any program. Has it's focus (strength), provides benefits and takes some work and time to get used to the moves.

Have fun.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    SL is a solid beginner's program. Once you've mastered the lifts and have stalled out, you could look into other programs, but SL is an awesome starting point.
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    OK cool thanks
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    if it's too easy you can start with more weight.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Visit the Stronglifts board. It's very helpful:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I just started Stronglifts last week and so far I love it because it isn't complicated.