Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs?

2»

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    SteveKroll wrote: »
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Steve, that looks good... I have one question. Is goat cheese a strong or mild tasting cheese? (Mozzarella = mild)
    It's somewhat like cream cheese in texture, but with a stronger flavor. It's not near as strong as, say, blue cheese, though.
    (and Johnson)

OK, I'll have to buy some. I don't like strong tasting cheeses.

Thank y'all for the recommendation,

Dan the Man from Michigan

• DittoDan
    Over easy on top of a big fat pan fried sirloin for dinner

Yeah, that sound really good. I have some extra fatty prime rib I might try, too...

• DittoDan
    Alliwan wrote: »
    I might have gotten the recipe off mfp, im not sure.

2 oz cream cheese
    2 eggs
    1 packet stevia (if desired)

Mix well in a blender. Pour batter into hot well buttered pan.

We usually eat them with butter and a tad of jam but they are good with syrup or anything else you'd like on pancakes.

That sounds easy enough. I'll try it tomorrow for breakfast. Thank you and have a good new year! :D

Alliwan,

I tried it two ways:

1) I did it almost as your recipe states (substituted refined coconut oil ~ Lou-anns for butter). I used a immersion blender, cooked them on medium heat. It tasted great, like really soft and fluffy scrambled eggs. I didn't get the "pancake" taste, but its probably because I didn't follow your instructions on the heat setting (my bad).

2) I had some strawberry flavored cream cheese, same as above, except: no stevia. And I cooked it at a higher temp. So much so that it browned the bottom of the eggs/pancake. Interestingly, it kinda tasted like a pancake this time. :D I'm thinking the tiny bit extra sugar (in the Cream Cheese) coupled with the higher temp made it taste more like a pancake. More practice needed.

Both methods above were on improvement over plain scrambled eggs. And I love trying new ways/recipes.

Thank you for posting!

• melissa968
    melissa968 Posts: 57 Member
    melissa968 wrote: »
    I buy 3 dozen (sometimes 4) eggs every week. I have recently discovered making my own pesto...sooooo yummy! I tried it in my eggs scrambled in butter and I almost thought I had went to heaven!

Hi Melissa, forgive my ignorance (I'm always the last to know on some subjects) but tell me what pesto is? (yes, I could google it, but I'd rather be social)... :D

Pesto is fresh basil, olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, parmesan and romano cheese and pine nuts all processed into a lovely spread, paste consistency. you can add this to cream sauces, eggs, soups, sour cream or just dip some celery in it. I swear I lick processor bowl like its frosting! Tons of flavor
  • DittoDan
    I buy 3 dozen (sometimes 4) eggs every week. I have recently discovered making my own pesto...sooooo yummy! I tried it in my eggs scrambled in butter and I almost thought I had went to heaven!

Hi Melissa, forgive my ignorance (I'm always the last to know on some subjects) but tell me what pesto is? (yes, I could google it, but I'd rather be social)... :D

Pesto is fresh basil, olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, parmesan and romano cheese and pine nuts all processed into a lovely spread, paste consistency. you can add this to cream sauces, eggs, soups, sour cream or just dip some celery in it. I swear I lick processor bowl like its frosting! Tons of flavor

I will try it! It sounds yummy... :D

• juhesihcaaa
    juhesihcaaa Posts: 16 Member
    Omelettes! I love omelettes. The thing I love about them is that you can put just about anything in them and it'll be great!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Alliwan wrote: »
    I might have gotten the recipe off mfp, im not sure.

2 oz cream cheese
    2 eggs
    1 packet stevia (if desired)

Mix well in a blender. Pour batter into hot well buttered pan.

We usually eat them with butter and a tad of jam but they are good with syrup or anything else you'd like on pancakes.

That sounds easy enough. I'll try it tomorrow for breakfast. Thank you and have a good new year! :D

Alliwan,

I tried it two ways:

1) I did it almost as your recipe states (substituted refined coconut oil ~ Lou-anns for butter). I used a immersion blender, cooked them on medium heat. It tasted great, like really soft and fluffy scrambled eggs. I didn't get the "pancake" taste, but its probably because I didn't follow your instructions on the heat setting (my bad).

2) I had some strawberry flavored cream cheese, same as above, except: no stevia. And I cooked it at a higher temp. So much so that it browned the bottom of the eggs/pancake. Interestingly, it kinda tasted like a pancake this time. :D I'm thinking the tiny bit extra sugar (in the Cream Cheese) coupled with the higher temp made it taste more like a pancake. More practice needed.

Both methods above were on improvement over plain scrambled eggs. And I love trying new ways/recipes.

Thank you for posting!

Im glad you found a way you liked it! My daughter loves these but loves the 'german pancakes' with the lemon juice just a little more. These she loves to put peanut butter or jam on or even syrup.

ill have to try some with the strawberry flavored cream cheese as strawberry jam is difficult for me to fit in my macros at the moment. that sounds delish!