Egg Intolerance Newbie

megall3
megall3 Posts: 1 Member
Hi all, I am new here and thought i would pose a question. I have been doing keto for about a month. Not a lot of weight has been moving and after today's research I am about to make quite a few changes. I think i was eating way too many nuts (almost obsessively), too much protein and not enough fat. How do you get all that fat in? Also i have an intolerance to eggs, so breakfast ideas are restricted a little.

Do you guys eat much salad / vegetables? How about fibre intake?

Would love to connect with other ketoers.

Meg

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,744 Member
    Full fat salad dressing (you should be able to find options with as little as 1 carb per serving, such as caesar and ranch, read the labels) on greens or as a dip for raw cruciferous veg (broc/cauliflower), heavy whipping cream/coconut oil in my coffee, full fat cheese and sour cream, butter on all the things. Bacon/bacon fat. This is how I get my fats in. Over 100g per day.

I find that now that I have that much fat in my diet, fibre is -not- an issue.
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Getting in the fat: I cook with butter, bacon fat, and olive oil. I take my tea and coffee with heavy cream. Sometimes I make "bulletproof" coffee with butter and coconut oil.

I eat meats with fat - chicken thighs with skin, ham hocks which work great to season greens (kale, collards, etc), short ribs, pork spare ribs, pork belly for example. Also sausage. And of course bacon. When eating leaner protein, I add a fatty sauce or topping like aioli or hollandaise.

I love green veggies of all kinds, and I add fat when cooking them, too. I don't work in fiber as a daily necessity, however old habits die hard and the salad greens and veggies I eat the most tend to have a good amount of fiber in them. You're welcome to take a gander at my diary, it's open.

In the beginning, I had to ween myself away from low fat thinking. Once I allowed myself to have all the foods I'd been denying myself because "fat", it just became easier and easier. Keto and I were meant to be! LOL

Wishing you great success!
  • TheTrophyWife
    TheTrophyWife Posts: 86 Member
    Megall, before I started keto, I was also intolerant to eggs. Someone told me to try Eggbeaters and that's where I started. I can eat them with no problems at all. Also, something in my body has changed because I can now eat real eggs without getting sick. I used to have eggs once every 6 months or so but now I have Eggbeaters every morning. Try that. Buy a small container of plain so you can use it in something else if eating them for breakfast doesn't work.

How to get in fat? OMG! There are so many delicious ways! Google "fat bomb" or search for them on Pinterest. I married butter but I'm having an affair with bacon fat. Shhh! Don't tell! LOL! I put butter in everything and I roast my broccoli and brussels sprouts in bacon fat. You can DRINK heavy whipping cream or just whip it up and eat it.

Good luck and welcome to Keto!
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    edited December 2014
    I married butter but I'm having an affair with bacon fat. Shhh! Don't tell! LOL! I put butter in everything and I roast my broccoli and brussels sprouts in bacon fat. You can DRINK heavy whipping cream or just whip it up and eat it.

Huh! Trophywife, bacon fat's *my* husband. But that's okay, I'll share. LOL And yes, oh yes, drinking heavy cream is ridiculously decadent, it's nuts that it's so good.
  • TheTrophyWife
    TheTrophyWife Posts: 86 Member
    oyadancing wrote: »
    Huh! Trophywife, bacon fat's *my* husband. But that's okay, I'll share. LOL And yes, oh yes, drinking heavy cream is ridiculously decadent, it's nuts that it's so good.

HAHAHA! Bacon gets around! You can also add extracts to your cream to flavor it. Lemon is one of my favorite flavors and lemon cream is like.....I don't even know how to describe how crazy delicious it is! I'm drinking some now!
  • 5Lloyd90
    5Lloyd90 Posts: 12 Member
    Bulletproof coffee if you're a coffee drinker, fat bombs if you're not. Its nice to make up a batch and keep them in the freezer so you have a quick morning option to get in some fat. All the suggestions for cooking with fat are great too. You can also use olive oil or melted bacon fat as a kind of sauce or topping depending on what you're having.
  • Cruella66
    Cruella66 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a vegetarian keto lover, so getting fats from meat is not an option. Once I discovered coconut oil, it has definatly helped to get my fat intake met. That's just one idea I hope will help Megall3
  • 5Lloyd90
    5Lloyd90 Posts: 12 Member
    An even better reason to go with fat bombs. Almond butter made with raw almonds, a heap of coconut oil, and a pinch of dark chocolate powder mixes easy, keeps forever in the freezer, tastes phenomenal and best of all no animals were harmed in the making of your breakfast. :smiley: Also makes a great snack when you don't have time to cook. Embarking on the keto quest has led to a whole lot of time in the kitchen.
  • juhesihcaaa
    juhesihcaaa Posts: 16 Member
    Butter, sour cream, heavy cream, and cheese. I keep those in my house at all times and add them in to just about anything.